+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: *** 5/8 show ****spoilers

Re: *** 5/8 show ****spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by RealityLovesMe View Post
    I would be offended if someone called me "sweetie" while arguing with me. That was meant to be degrading.
    Some people might intend it to be demeaning, but that is just a particular vernacular quirk of Mr. Loaf's (he has the mannerisms of an old man), and if Star had paid any attention to him at all, she would have noticed that. Though I believe that she did notice it and was using it in an attempt to manipulate events in her favour once again.

At any rate, Star is unutterably foul and it caused me great glee to see her be publicly fired for a second time.

ETA: Oh, am I the only one who noticed Kevin Kline and Phoebe Cates in the audience during the first set of comics?
    Last edited by Rattus; 05-09-2011 at 08:14 PM.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

FORT Fogey

I was not a Star Jones fan coming into this show, but I have been impressed by her. She is tough but seems to be fair. If John Rich can demand not to be called "Boy" then Star can demand not to be called "sweetie". For me, both are offensive...demeaning. Both NeNe and Meatloaf have explosive personalities. They don't work with with someone cool and calculating.

NeNe was a huge disappointment. I was hoping that fame hadn't gone to her head, but by quitting, she really gave the message that it's all about "her". She thinks she's standing up for what is right or fair, but really she's just standing up for NeNe - and hurting herself in the process.

Sad, really.

FORT Fogey

"Meatload".... funniest thing ever!!!

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter View Post
    I was not a Star Jones fan coming into this show, but I have been impressed by her. She is tough but seems to be fair. If John Rich can demand not to be called "Boy" then Star can demand not to be called "sweetie". For me, both are offensive...demeaning. Both NeNe and Meatloaf have explosive personalities. They don't work with with someone cool and calculating.

NeNe was a huge disappointment. I was hoping that fame hadn't gone to her head, but by quitting, she really gave the message that it's all about "her". She thinks she's standing up for what is right or fair, but really she's just standing up for NeNe - and hurting herself in the process.

Sad, really.
    I saw Nene on a couple of shows today talking about why she quit. She had the nerve to say she quit because she didn't like that Donald took her out of her "comfort zone" by switching her to the men's team. Well, um, if Star was as bad a manipulator as Nene claimed, and if working with her was so horrible how could staying on the women's team be her comfort zone????? Doesn't make any sense. I would have thought she would have been thrilled to be getting away from Star Jones, no?

Nene is a study in irony. She seems to be talking out of both sides of her mouth.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

I watched the show in 2 parts, so I didn't finish until today, but WOO HOO! On-Star, Off-Star! How delicious was her firing! That woman grates on my nerves, and it seems to have gotten worse every week.

Regarding "Sweetie," I felt that MeatLoaf (or MeatLoad, take your pick) really had only the kindest of intentions. He was trying to convey that even though he disagreed with her, he felt no ill-will toward her. If Star can't handle it, then she should have calmly said that she has a problem with that term, and ask him nicely not to use it from that point forward. As a woman, I have been talked to both patronizingly and with kindness. You have to know where somebody is coming from. It's not the words, it's what's in the heart. If Star was a little more secure in herself as a strong woman, maybe she wouldn't have assumed it can only be used in a derogatory way.

In all honesty, as much as I really like John Rich, I did think he went a little overboard on the "boy" thing. In that case, it does sound like it was an insult, but he let it get the better of him.

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie View Post
    Meatload forgot an important point in the boardroom. They/he had a picture of the box at the end of their commercial and Star insisted that the web address be there instead. He fought her on that for a short time then decided to shut up. That would have been a defining moment. As it turned out he didn't need that but it surprised me it slipped his mind.
    I'm glad you brought that up, because I kept waiting for MeatLoaf to bring that up. It was his ace in the hole! I also wondered if Star stopped arguing with him because she remembered that, and decided she'd better "plead the fifth" before she said something to jog his memory.

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post
    I saw Nene on a couple of shows today talking about why she quit. She had the nerve to say she quit because she didn't like that Donald took her out of her "comfort zone" by switching her to the men's team. Well, um, if Star was as bad a manipulator as Nene claimed, and if working with her was so horrible how could staying on the women's team be her comfort zone????? Doesn't make any sense. I would have thought she would have been thrilled to be getting away from Star Jones, no?

Nene is a study in irony. She seems to be talking out of both sides of her mouth.
    Yeah, I thought Nene missed out on an opportunity to come out on top. Maybe she was afraid she wouldn't.

I think she was BSing on the talk shows. I agree with a previous poster who speculated that Nene likely got the heck out because the challenge involved fundraising -- and as much as she puts on the bling and designer-esque clothes, etc. -- her "street smarts" wouldn't raise two nickels to rub together.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

FORT Fogey

Yes, she should have been thrilled! She is on Ellen on Wednesday. Ellen watches the show so may come up with this question. Lil John is a guest on Friday. hmmmmm She cannot talk to him about the show since he is still on it. Wonder what is up?
    Last edited by shoepie; 05-10-2011 at 05:02 AM.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Doyu Gems Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Meatload forgot an important point in the boardroom. They/he had a picture of the box at the end of their commercial and Star insisted that the web address be there instead. He fought her on that for a short time then decided to shut up. That would have been a defining moment. As it turned out he didn't need that but it surprised me it slipped his mind.

I like Meatloaf even with all his drama.
    And that drama was ridiculous! There is something about him that makes me smile and want to hug him. He called his wife after the BR; I thought that was sweet and telling of their good relationship.

Wow. Star argues like a spoiled child. Who does she think she is to cut someone off like she did to Meatloaf? That was no discussion, that was Starr showing her ghetto muscles! And she was afraid Nene would bring her down to her level?! She is already there.

I lost respect for Marlee last night. Her blind loyality to Starr and inability to see the huge problem that she is may have something to do with being deaf. Tone and timber of voice has to come through signing and some may be lost in the translation. But she was a poor project manager and I just cannot cut her slack.

I have to believe Trump saw this but clearly wanted Starr out of the picture. She does not posssess the qualities to be a leader or a team player in any stretch of the imagination. She is an irritant.

We could very well have a Lil John and John Rich finale. I would like that.

I also would love a Jo(h)ns finale... I've got my fingers crossed. But I think Trump has such a love for Marlee and Meat that it'll be one of those two in the finale with John Rich.

I completely agree on the assessments you gave of Meatloaf (love him too, despite the drama), Marlee and Star.
    As for Star, I've been called all kinds of things () and perhaps I would find the term "sweetie" demeaning in the wrong context, like during an argument, but I would find it a whole lot less demeaning than being told I don't have the credentials to argue with someone else.

And let me join in on the "Meatload" That name is going to stick with me.

Yes, she should have been thrilled! She is on Ellen on Wednesday. Ellen watches the show so may come up with this question. Lil John is a guest on Friday. hmmmmm She cannot talk to him about the show since he is still on it. Wonder what is up?
    Ellen's had several of the apprentice contestants on the show while they were still on the show. I know I've seen a show with Nene and one with Star in the past.

I was not surprised to see Nene do a slow fade off the show. She doesn't have the brains or strong character to take her to the end and wouldn't want Trump to fire her. Completely in her character to leave like a wuss.

She also has a long history of using physical intimidation when she feels like she is losing the argument. She did the same many times to Kim on RHOA and even put her hands on her a couple of times. She was reaching that point with Star but I could see Star moving away from her.
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

+ Reply to Thread