+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: 4/24 Show discussion thread ****spoilers***

Re: 4/24 Show discussion thread ****spoilers***

As much as I'm not a Star fan, I just did not like Trump's reference to her former size. Don't recall all of the specifics, but it had something to do with the former size of her rear. The man has less class than a school on a federal holiday.
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

-Unknown Author-

I learned the season the bitch Joan Rivers won that this show has already determined who the winner is before it even airs. When I looked at the cast for this season I picked the final 2 to be John Rich and Star Jones with John Rich winning......We will see
    A cat changes coming home to an empty house to coming home

Quote Originally Posted by tapper01 View Post
    And this man wants to be president? Racist, sexist and all around ass? Really
    Racist? 4 of the final 7 are minorities. 5 if you count being deaf.
    Sexist? He'd have said the same thing about a formerly fat guy. Probably other comments you could complain about but I don't see how this one was sexist in any way.
    All around ass. Yeah, well he's Trump I won't disagre with you there. All presidents are all around asses though in their own way so don't see a problem there.

Quote Originally Posted by KeepItReal View Post
    As much as I'm not a Star fan, I just did not like Trump's reference to her former size. Don't recall all of the specifics, but it had something to do with the former size of her rear. The man has less class than a school on a federal holiday.
    I don't know that it's predetermined but he definitely has his favorites in Celebrity Apprentice. Really ruins the show in so many ways. I haven't noticed it this season though. And never as bad as with Joan and Omarossa (though that had more to do with stirring up controversy than him liking her I'd guess).

I can't stand Star Jones but to be honest I can't really disagree with the times Trump didn't fire her. The entire team said get rid of LaToya including Nene who had previously stated her dislike of Star. Between her fundraising and sticking with stuff she excels at like "graphic design" she's used a strategy that has earned her a spot in the top 7 despite her flaws.

Trump and his son gave the ladies an opening to fire Hope, but they all missed the cue and focused on Latoya instead! Yeah, she won the last task, but she's been flying under the radar for weeks! She adds nothing to the show. She should have been fired!

This is what you get when you kick Trump's favorite nutcase off the show: one of the hardest challenges in a long time. You don't mess with favorites.

Seriously... CONCEPTUAL FOUR PAGE advertisement for HOTELS... AND it's the Trump name. A conceptual ad is hard enough but 4 pages, and for hotels? It's hard to showcase hotels in a new, conceptual way, let alone with 4 images in such a short time.

The women's advertisements were not that original. They feel like something Guess would do. I mean there is a certain cheapness to it, especially the ladies who lunch picture. Too much smiling, and BAD ANGLES. I was picturing the women's team better then they turned out: the ladies lunching picture should be muted, cool colors, with all 4 sitting around the table, huge wide shot, with 2 having backs to the camera. The picture of hope in the bathroom should be hope looking out onto the city like she's above it all... physically and socioeconomically. Another wide shot, and ditch the rose petals, they are ridiculous. Who does that in real life!? And the champagne was so cliche and cheesy... just that entire shot was overkill. All of the women's pictures need to feel isolated... not too ordinary. Life at the top is lonely.

That guy analyzing the photos was genius too: "And get this little detail here: she's got a towel on in the bathtub AND I guess she's drinking from that champagne bottle, it's unopened." I burst out laughing when I heard and saw that scene. It already was ridiculous enough but really those 2 things take it over the top.

Women's presentation was ridiculous too. I get the whole everybody say one word, but they went on for SO LONG. That thing is better suited for TV, not real life. And then one of them calls it "Jack in the box". LOL again.

The men's team had more potential I think. Meat loaf was the only one thinking conceptually, PERIOD... but none of them were willing to take a risk. Ivanka SPECIFICALLY told them what traditional ads look like, so what do they do in the end? Traditional ads. Horrible! Meat Loaf's idea looking into the mirror/future or being physically treated like Trump way more interesting! In fact I came up with some in my head, of like a guy looking into the mirror and seeing Trump, or with comic bubbles where the staff is calling "regulars" Mr. Trump. All the text was crazy too.

LaToya gone but it should have been NeNe. She was the one creating drama and tearing the team apart. Trump talked about how they needed to all get along but then he keeps NeNe just for the drama factor. How predictable.

FORT Fogey

The second executive reminded me of one of the judges from Top Chef a lot. I did not hear where he was from so I have no idea if he is the same guy, or just looks and sounds like him.

Trump is sexist for sure. He always keeps the women with the big boobs and looks around for as long as possible. Narcissist jerk for sure. He sure has a sweet spot for thinking he is awesome. I have to admit one thing he does well is raise kids. I am not sure if he hires people to do it or he does it himself, but they are all intelligent well spoken people. Classless for sure the weight comment was horrible. I sure hope he is not dying someday, and the only one in the room to save him is an overweight person who knows CPR. He really is juvenile when it comes to looks and status.

Starr should have been fired plain and simple. LaToya and Hope both won their tasks. Starr has lost two times as PM. Winning against the boys is when the win a task so Starr is responsible for two wins for the men. It was absolutely stupid that he stated now it is on and even. If you go on Apprentice you better just be a complete lunatic, and you will stay for a long time. Lisa, Nikki, and LaToya were not dumb individuals it is just they could not get Starr, Dionne, and NeNe to listen to a thing they wanted.

I am really surprised at how much love there is for Marlee. I think she seems to get by doing a small amount of work, but than everything everyone says about her gets dismissed by Trump. I get it she is probably one of if not the biggest name he has had on the show, but she still, other than fundraising, has basically just taped herself to Starr. I do not even know what she did this task at all other than sign her words at the presentation.

FORT Fogey

This was a bad task. Hotel brochures are limited in what they can show. You want to see photos of the rooms first and foremost. People choose hotels for their location first and they pick those in their price range. So you aim for the rich when Trump hotels are involved. What do the rich want? Probably a nice room in a good location. You don't visit NYC with visions of drinking champagne in a rose petal strewn tub.

Still shaking my head that Nene defended Starr since she has been so vocal about getting her out.

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stump View Post
    I don't know that it's predetermined but he definitely has his favorites in Celebrity Apprentice. Really ruins the show in so many ways. I haven't noticed it this season though. And never as bad as with Joan and Omarossa (though that had more to do with stirring up controversy than him liking her I'd guess).

I can't stand Star Jones but to be honest I can't really disagree with the times Trump didn't fire her. The entire team said get rid of LaToya including Nene who had previously stated her dislike of Star. Between her fundraising and sticking with stuff she excels at like "graphic design" she's used a strategy that has earned her a spot in the top 7 despite her flaws.
    But they guys were practically begging Trump to get rid of Gary for weeks. Yes, it finally happened, but at the cost of losing much better talent first.

I thought LaToya made an excellent point about the women losing twice under Star's leadership. Interesting how she can lead but not be held accountable.

Out of the two ads, I felt the men's would draw in more readers. The text was indeed too much, and they'll probably cut half of it before it actually runs.

Meat Loaf's idea, upon reading on it, would've been great. With the men, they could've gotten sharp suits kinda like what Trump wears in similar colors and had the whole "feel like Trump" vibe there.

Marlee - for the one person commenting about her - does a little bit more than most of the women IMHO. She doesn't - usually - delegate herself to one thing (like Star on graphics) and isn't there really just sitting pretty (i.e. Hope). That said, my irritation is that sometimes what she's signing I can tell is not what's being translated in the personal interviews - there are signs I do know and they don't match what's being said.

+ Reply to Thread