+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 113

Thread: 4/24 Show discussion thread ****spoilers***

  1. #51
    FORT Fogey RealityLovesMe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    California
    Posts
    3,449

    Re: 4/24 Show discussion thread ****spoilers***

    Sad to see LaToya go. The weak link is Hope. Latoya seems to try harder, sacrifice more, and present herself better than Hope. I think Hope is less annoying so she was off of the radar. I understand why Nene is upset. If you watch her show, you know that Nene does not have a soft spot for many people. She got closer to Latoya this episode and then was used to stab her in the back. That wouldn't make anyone happy. She's made millions off of fighting with others. What she doesn't realize is Trump picks his favorite to win. If he doesn't like you, you won't win.
    John Rich is going to win this season, isn't he? He is only good at contributing jingles and that country attitude. He offers absolutely nothing else. But if Bret Michaels can win, anyone can. He seems to be getting a great edit too.
    FIERCE avatar by antm10wordpress!
    In your face TYRA!

  2. #52
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    2,247

    Re: 4/24 Show discussion thread ****spoilers***

    So LaToya wins her task, has two sets of executives like her, Starr loses both of the tasks she is PM, but she is the one to keep to fight the men because she is mean? I am completely confused how she is the one that would go against the men better.

    Marlee exactly what did she do this task? She is grating on my nerves as well as Starr. I think they think they are the big fish, and everyone else needs to bow to them because they see themselves as the bigger stars. NeNe and LaToya had to go shopping, and direct a picture. NeNe was pretty dumb trying to help Starr stay when Trump obviously likes mean spirited witches. She would have had a better shot at sticking around if she would have rounded up on LaToya's side. Deep down they are all scared of Starr, and I give LaToya great props for being honest about her narcissism and bullying.
    Meatloaf started off full steam, but I think he is either getting tired, frustrated, or both. He is losing his ground. I am amazed each week just how talented Lil Jon is. He and John Rich are both extremely talented men, and John Rich is a true gentlemen. He took the PM role without letting the team get into an argument. I would have thought that Lil Jon would have stepped up because if I am not mistaken his charity has not won money yet, but I cannot remember.
    Last edited by MHcarrollton; 04-25-2011 at 07:20 AM.

  3. #53
    Wild thang Rattus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    In the trees
    Age
    53
    Posts
    6,910

    Re: 4/24 Show discussion thread ****spoilers***

    Quote Originally Posted by MHcarrollton View Post
    I am amazed each week just how talented Lil Jon is. .
    As am I. Dude is awesome. And not only is he talented, he shows a genuine interest in what he's doing. I expect that he will take away more from this experience than anyone else playing.
    I would have thought that Lil Jon would have stepped up because if I am not mistaken his charity has not won money yet, but I cannot remember.
    I may be mistaken, but I think his charity did win money. I seem to recall waiting to see him handing over the cheque, but that scene never came. I always fast forward through those scenes, but for some reason I was interested in seeing his. Maybe it was the week that Canseco quit .
    Last edited by Rattus; 04-25-2011 at 08:24 AM.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

  4. #54
    Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
    Age
    44
    Posts
    3,580

    Re: 4/24 Show discussion thread ****spoilers***

    Quote Originally Posted by daystar View Post
    Star Jones has THE worst reputation for being classless. The View
    gals said when she was on the show, she would take anything that
    wasn't nailed down and off she'd go in her limo. Electronics, FOOD,
    cosmetics, anything she could get her hands on.
    Please show me the proof of where any of The View's co-stars said this about Star, because it is news to me.

    Guess, I the odd woman out here, 'cause I like Star, always have. And I like that she's playing the game and is playing to win, because at the end of the day, that is exactly what this show is--a game.

    Donald Trump, whom I have mostly been a fan of in years past, is getting on my last nerve this season, and I think most of it has to do with this bogus "political aspirations", and his "Obama isn't a United States" citizen spiel. Not to mention, during the boardroom scenes he sets up the contestants to try to get them to say certain things to pit them against one another to suit his cause as to who he wants to fire on any given week.
    Last edited by bee stung lips; 04-25-2011 at 08:29 AM.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

  5. #55
    FORT Fogey KeepItReal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,486

    Re: 4/24 Show discussion thread ****spoilers***

    Yeah, the "Donald for President" talk should not be brought up during the show. The more I hear him talk off camera about it the more idiotic he sounds. His best bet would be to shut up about it, decide whether he's going to run, and then find someone to guide him through this without letting him put his foot any further into his mouth. The whole citizenship thing, and my new favorite quote about how well he gets along with "the blacks". If Donald runs, I'll certainly be running the other way.

    http://www.nydailynews.com/news/poli...raises_go.html
    Last edited by KeepItReal; 04-25-2011 at 08:59 AM.
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

    -Unknown Author-

  6. #56
    Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Central Ohio
    Posts
    2,367

    Re: 4/24 Show discussion thread ****spoilers***

    Quote Originally Posted by MHcarrollton View Post
    So LaToya wins her task, has two sets of executives like her, Starr loses both of the tasks she is PM, but she is the one to keep to fight the men because she is mean? I am completely confused how she is the one that would go against the men better.

    Marlee exactly what did she do this task? She is grating on my nerves as well as Starr. I think they think they are the big fish, and everyone else needs to bow to them because they see themselves as the bigger stars. NeNe and LaToya had to go shopping, and direct a picture. NeNe was pretty dumb trying to help Starr stay when Trump obviously likes mean spirited witches. She would have had a better shot at sticking around if she would have rounded up on LaToya's side. Deep down they are all scared of Starr, and I give LaToya great props for being honest about her narcissism and bullying.
    Meatloaf started off full steam, but I think he is either getting tired, frustrated, or both. He is losing his ground. I am amazed each week just how talented Lil Jon is. He and John Rich are both extremely talented men, and John Rich is a true gentlemen. He took the PM role without letting the team get into an argument. I would have thought that Lil Jon would have stepped up because if I am not mistaken his charity has not won money yet, but I cannot remember.
    I was thinking the same thing. Nene was a fool to support Star in the boardroom. She'd have a better chance in the long run against LaToya. I too thought LaToya did a great job of giving reasons why Star should leave. It just amazes me that other PMs who were the root cause of losing got fired (like Mark, over the MUCH weaker Gary), but Star, who has lead 2 losing endeavors, gets to stay on. Maybe part of the difference is being humble and offering to be fired.

    Lil Jon's charity did win $40K for United Methodist Children's Home in Decatur, GA. The challenge was the one with the video phones for ACN. I thought about that challenge a couple of times last night, because it was another one where Star smugly thought she had the presentation in the bag, and the guys outdid the girls.

  7. #57
    FORT Fogey jadewarlock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    3,827

    Re: 4/24 Show discussion thread ****spoilers***

    Quote Originally Posted by Rattus View Post
    I may be mistaken, but I think his charity did win money. I seem to recall waiting to see him handing over the cheque, but that scene never came. I always fast forward through those scenes, but for some reason I was interested in seeing his. Maybe it was the week that Canseco quit .
    I do not know if he has won or not - though I think it'd been the one with the ad if it were any - the infamous guy saying "I'm getting married, and Canseco is my partner" one.

    I DO know however it isn't the week Canseco quit, because it is the week John Rich raised $700,000 and Marlee $986,000 (bumped up to a million) and both got to keep their money for their charity. Oh, and Rich Hatch was fired.

  8. #58
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    6,069

    Re: 4/24 Show discussion thread ****spoilers***

    John Rich is going to win this season, isn't he? He is only good at contributing jingles and that country attitude. He offers absolutely nothing else. But if Bret Michaels can win, anyone can. He seems to be getting a great edit too.

    I'm not a country music fan--I couldn't name a John Rich tune if you paid me--but I don't think it's fair to say all he's contributed is jingles and that country attitude. In earlier tasks, when Jose Canseco sat around doing nothing, John was moving big pieces of equipment that weighed nearly as much as he did. He also helped to diffuse the huge fight between Gary and Meatloaf and got everyone else back on task. He has a huge base on whom he can draw for fundraising tasks; though the women have won those tasks thus far, without him, the men would have been much further behind. Last night he stepped up as PM when no one else wanted to take on the task, and he wrote copy that didn't sound like a country jingle at all. If the men's presentation wasn't that good, it was still declared the winner over the women's.

    I'd say he and Lil' John have been the strongest competitors on the men's team, possibly the two strongest competitors overall. And I couldn't name a Lil' John song either.

  9. #59
    Wild thang Rattus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    In the trees
    Age
    53
    Posts
    6,910

    Re: 4/24 Show discussion thread ****spoilers***

    Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    I do not know if he has won or not - though I think it'd been the one with the ad if it were any - the infamous guy saying "I'm getting married, and Canseco is my partner" one.

    I DO know however it isn't the week Canseco quit, because it is the week John Rich raised $700,000 and Marlee $986,000 (bumped up to a million) and both got to keep their money for their charity. Oh, and Rich Hatch was fired.
    I worded it awkwardly - I think that the episode where they would have shown Lil Jon handing over the cheque was the episode that showed Canseco leaving instead, not the episode that Jon won the task.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

  10. #60
    FORT Fan grapenuts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    252

    Re: 4/24 Show discussion thread ****spoilers***

    Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    I'm not a country music fan--I couldn't name a John Rich tune if you paid me--but I don't think it's fair to say all he's contributed is jingles and that country attitude. In earlier tasks, when Jose Canseco sat around doing nothing, John was moving big pieces of equipment that weighed nearly as much as he did. He also helped to diffuse the huge fight between Gary and Meatloaf and got everyone else back on task. He has a huge base on whom he can draw for fundraising tasks; though the women have won those tasks thus far, without him, the men would have been much further behind. Last night he stepped up as PM when no one else wanted to take on the task, and he wrote copy that didn't sound like a country jingle at all. If the men's presentation wasn't that good, it was still declared the winner over the women's.

    I'd say he and Lil' John have been the strongest competitors on the men's team, possibly the two strongest competitors overall. And I couldn't name a Lil' John song either.
    If there's any John Rich song you would have heard of it's probably Save A Horse, Ride A Cowboy. That was a big hit that I think even non-country fans have heard.

    I would say Lil Jon's most famous song is Get Low.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.