+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast

Thread: 4/24 Show discussion thread ****spoilers***

Re: 4/24 Show discussion thread ****spoilers***

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus View Post
    He's implying that the only reason Obama got into Harvard was because of affirmative action, which is the bitchsnivel buzzphrase of racists everywhere.
    Hmmm....I thought he was implying some funny business, but maybe he did mean AA. And if he did get in via AA, would that have been racist?

Frankly when politicians hide records that others freely provide it makes me wonder why. I think he should just release everything and get it over with. I doubt there's anything earth shaking in them so why not just release them?

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie View Post
    anders, I don't think spoiler tags are necessary. They are told to only talk about what is current in the show. Starrs comment was about how much she raised on that first task compared to what John and Marlee brought in on another task. And as far as Marlee saying Trump was her boss at the roast. He is considered eveyones boss during the show. He fires them! That is a boss job.

I think this sets up Marlee and JR to be the F2. When it comes down to it whoever raises the most money always winds up in the finals. At least when it comes to this show that is how things work.
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

FORT Fogey

I am really disappointed with this season. John Rich and Lil Jon are the only bright spots. They are truly talented men. I am sorry to all the Marlee fans, but she is not winning me over. I think she quietly sits in the background and throws out just enough to stir but not cook the pot. She raised so much money though that Mr. Moneybags will let her for sure be in the finals, all he cares about is money.

Even if I had loads of money I would not want to stay in one of his hotels. He takes luxury to gawdy. His homes and businesses are so overdone and overshowy for me.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MHcarrollton View Post
    I am really disappointed with this season. John Rich and Lil Jon are the only bright spots. They are truly talented men. I am sorry to all the Marlee fans, but she is not winning me over. I think she quietly sits in the background and throws out just enough to stir but not cook the pot. She raised so much money though that Mr. Moneybags will let her for sure be in the finals, all he cares about is money.

Even if I had loads of money I would not want to stay in one of his hotels. He takes luxury to gawdy. His homes and businesses are so overdone and overshowy for me.

I'm not sure if Marlee sits that quietly in the background or if that's the edit she's getting, because when she has been called upon to speak up in earlier episodes, she's given her opinion pretty readily. However, she's not as combative as Star and NeNe, and that's not what the producers/Trump like. They want huge fights and arguments for "drama." It could be that Marlee isn't doing as much, but it's hard to tell, because the focus for the last couple of episodes has been on the whole NeNe/Star/LaToya dynamic, as far as the women's team goes.

I do agree that John Rich and Lil John appear to be very strong players and the best of the men's team, if not the best on the show altogether.

I also agree that Trump may have money, but he has no taste. I remember the time they showed some apartment of his on an earlier edition of the show. All I could think was that just because something could be gilded with gold didn't mean that it should be.

Quote Originally Posted by MHcarrollton View Post

Marlee obviously has a good business sense, but they've focused her edit on wanting to incorporate her deafness into almost every task. And when they haven't done that they really havent' shown that much of her. But she has made some great contributions and showed she's a kickass PM during her fundraising task. It wasn't until this past episode that really made me wonder if Starr could be knocked out of the F2 and replaced by Marlee - Starr's boardroom stragedy, although it worked, showed Trump she's ruthless and cold. Although they may be great attributes in the business world, they may not necessarily be attributes he wants in his ultimate CA.

And when he asked Marlee who should be fired, she was the first to say LaToya and he let Starr bring LaToya back, when in previous seasons he has told PMs he wouldn't be bringing a suggested person back - I think it was Cyndi that was saved from the boardroom, although I cannot for the life of me remember who was PM on that task. And there have been others in CA and Real People seasons.

I look forward to seeing the NeNe/Starr confrontation on Sunday - as much as NeNe is rude and confrontational, I think Trump knows that Starr isn't a victim in that fight.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by anders332 View Post
    Marlee obviously has a good business sense, but they've focused her edit on wanting to incorporate her deafness into almost every task.
    This sadly is the whole point of celebrity apprentice in Trump's eyes. If you do not use a celebrity to the fullest then the show is wasted. He was so mad that they didn't use Hope for the sun lotion, he's thinking "why do i have a playmate of the year on here if not for her to get naked???" In a sense this is the point of the show to pigeon hold these celebrities for what they are, a playmate that doesn't do anything but look pretty, a crazy guy who doesn't do anything but act crazy, asking lil john to say "YEA" "OK" every chance they get.

FORT Fogey

I am enjoying this show very much! It entertains me. I don't care if Trump is inconsistant, not at all.

I have come to appreciate and really like Donald Jr; he has some pretty witty quips.

Anders- Marlee obviously has a good business sense, but they've focused her edit on wanting to incorporate her deafness into almost every task.
    Well, she is deaf and it is hard not to incorporate that and her charity is for the deaf. It is a good way to bring it to public attention. And given this is Celebrity Apprentice, she is their biggest one.

Anders- And when he asked Marlee who should be fired, she was the first to say LaToya and he let Starr bring LaToya back, when in previous seasons he has told PMs he wouldn't be bringing a suggested person back.
    I don't remember this in previous seasons. Trump just does what he sees fit in the moment, so there is that. He is an arrogant, self involved meathead. But I eat it all up and delight in this show!

FORT Newbie

I think there is one thing that gives Marlee a big advantage on this show and that is we can't hear her actual tone when she is signing. She can be sarcastic but we don't hear it and only hear the interpreters voice. Everyone thinks she is soo nice but I think she is sly as a fox and gets away with a lot. She can!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by tante suzie View Post
    I think there is one thing that gives Marlee a big advantage on this show and that is we can't hear her actual tone when she is signing. She can be sarcastic but we don't hear it and only hear the interpreters voice. Everyone thinks she is soo nice but I think she is sly as a fox and gets away with a lot. She can!
    I agree. Marlee has one more big advantage in the board room, as far as I can tell. When she speaks through her interpreter, everybody shuts up and listens. When the others speak, sometimes with 3 or 4 speaking at once, you don't hear whatever possibly valid point they are making (ahem, LaToya in last week's board room just before she was fired). Not to say that LaToya shouldn't have been fired, but she was making some pretty good points when she was shouted down and quietly backed off. But with Marlee, I think having the interpreter speak for her makes people shut up and listen. There's some weird dynamic at play there that somehow makes what she says carry more weight. At the very least she is afforded the opportunity to speak in a way that everyone will hear her. Add to that the fact that she's a good player and has raised a lot of money, and I think she'll be the last woman standing. Whether she'll be able to beat John Rich is another story.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

If I didn't like JR as much as I do, I would stop watching. I think tRump is a tool and I don't care who is on any future shows, I won't be investing my time.

The only other time I watched was when Dennis Rodman was on and it was only because of him. When he got "fired" I was already invested and hated Annie Duke and wanted to see it through. That is where I am at this season, but from now on, no more of anyting tRump

+ Reply to Thread