+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 113

Thread: 4/24 Show discussion thread ****spoilers***

  1. #91
    FORT Fogey redsox girl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    live in the now
    Posts
    2,790

    Re: 4/24 Show discussion thread ****spoilers***

    Quote Originally Posted by KeepItReal View Post
    I need a little more to go on before I go ahead and call him racist, but I will certainly say he's racially insensitive. (didn't read that article but I posted one earlier that probably references the same quote).

    Now the sexist thing-I'll give you that one hands down.
    Donald Trumpis back in New Hampshire(where I live) stumping for the presidency. This is about his sixth trip here int he last month. This has alloed me a front row seat, whether i want one or not, to observe Donald Trump up close. Here is his newest assualt on he President, which is verging on racist-it's also important to note if he isn't a racist then he is at the very least a flat out liar.

    Donald Trump: Obama Too Dumb for Ivies - The Daily Beast

    Donald Trump is trying out a new, racist dog whistle about President Obama: Saying he was a “terrible” student and wondering how he got into Columbia and Harvard. "I heard he was a terrible student, terrible. How does a bad student go to Columbia and then to Harvard?" Trump asks the Associated Press. "I have friends who have smart sons with great marks, great boards, great everything and they can't get into Harvard. We don't know a thing about this guy. There are a lot of questions that are unanswered about our president.” Obama graduated magna cum laude in 1991 from Harvard Law School, where he was president of the Harvard Law Review.
    " I have a simple outlook-leave every person I meet with a smile on their face."-Donny

  2. #92
    FORT Fogey anders332's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    12,412

    Re: 4/24 Show discussion thread ****spoilers***

    Quote Originally Posted by shoepie View Post
    anders, I don't think spoiler tags are necessary. They are told to only talk about what is current in the show. Starrs comment was about how much she raised on that first task compared to what John and Marlee brought in on another task. And as far as Marlee saying Trump was her boss at the roast. He is considered eveyones boss during the show. He fires them! That is a boss job.
    like I said, prolly nothing, but I'm grasping at anything that takes Starr out before F2.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

    Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

  3. #93
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    13,531

    Re: 4/24 Show discussion thread ****spoilers***

    Quote Originally Posted by anders332 View Post
    like I said, prolly nothing, but I'm grasping at anything that takes Starr out before F2.
    You go for that; I am right behind you.

  4. #94
    FORT Fogey jadewarlock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    4,154

    Re: 4/24 Show discussion thread ****spoilers***

    Quote Originally Posted by redsox girl View Post
    Donald Trumpis back in New Hampshire(where I live) stumping for the presidency. This is about his sixth trip here int he last month. This has alloed me a front row seat, whether i want one or not, to observe Donald Trump up close. Here is his newest assualt on he President, which is verging on racist-it's also important to note if he isn't a racist then he is at the very least a flat out liar.

    Donald Trump: Obama Too Dumb for Ivies - The Daily Beast

    Donald Trump is trying out a new, racist dog whistle about President Obama: Saying he was a “terrible” student and wondering how he got into Columbia and Harvard. "I heard he was a terrible student, terrible. How does a bad student go to Columbia and then to Harvard?" Trump asks the Associated Press. "I have friends who have smart sons with great marks, great boards, great everything and they can't get into Harvard. We don't know a thing about this guy. There are a lot of questions that are unanswered about our president.” Obama graduated magna cum laude in 1991 from Harvard Law School, where he was president of the Harvard Law Review.
    Please note, I am NOT being political, I am giving my opinion as to why this is possibly occuring and some things I've noticed.

    I hate saying this, but Trump is most likely trying to get Obama to release his records, which are also sealed and have left to question if he's a US citizen because if he was not, he'd have to pay out of country tuition. Most people have mentioned the birth certificate (which he's supposedly release but what I'm seeing is still the Cert. of Live Birth - no footprints and missing some info still), but the school records are also something they've questioned.

    It's more of a move to prove/disprove if Obama is a US citizen, and honestly if it isn't it's schoolyard tactics. Then again, given how the Democrats did attack Bush's education through is tenure, and claimed he stole the election, one could see this as a "all fair in love and politics" challenge.

    Personally though - I really wish he'd leave any aspirations he has to be president or go into politics out of an entertainment show. It's not good, and makes the contestants uncomfortable.

  5. #95
    Wild thang Rattus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    In the trees
    Age
    54
    Posts
    6,911

    Re: 4/24 Show discussion thread ****spoilers***

    Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    Most people have mentioned the birth certificate (which he's supposedly release but what I'm seeing is still the Cert. of Live Birth - no footprints and missing some info still),
    A Certificate of Live Birth is the legal birth certificate. That thing with the footprints is essentially a souvenir the hospital gives to the new parents - it means nothing in law. And now that Obama has released the long-form birth certificate with all the info the Trump so desperately needs to know, those birther idiots (including the revolting Trump) have to go find some other bit of pointless nonsense to stir the pot with.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

  6. #96
    FORT Fogey Duckyface's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    977

    Re: 4/24 Show discussion thread ****spoilers***

    Quote Originally Posted by redsox girl View Post
    Donald Trumpis back in New Hampshire(where I live) stumping for the presidency. This is about his sixth trip here int he last month. This has alloed me a front row seat, whether i want one or not, to observe Donald Trump up close. Here is his newest assualt on he President, which is verging on racist-it's also important to note if he isn't a racist then he is at the very least a flat out liar.

    Donald Trump: Obama Too Dumb for Ivies - The Daily Beast

    Donald Trump is trying out a new, racist dog whistle about President Obama: Saying he was a “terrible” student and wondering how he got into Columbia and Harvard. "I heard he was a terrible student, terrible. How does a bad student go to Columbia and then to Harvard?" Trump asks the Associated Press. "I have friends who have smart sons with great marks, great boards, great everything and they can't get into Harvard. We don't know a thing about this guy. There are a lot of questions that are unanswered about our president.” Obama graduated magna cum laude in 1991 from Harvard Law School, where he was president of the Harvard Law Review.
    Ok what he's saying might be stupid, but how is it racist?

  7. #97
    Wild thang Rattus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    In the trees
    Age
    54
    Posts
    6,911

    Re: 4/24 Show discussion thread ****spoilers***

    Quote Originally Posted by Duckyface View Post
    Ok what he's saying might be stupid, but how is it racist?
    He's implying that the only reason Obama got into Harvard was because of affirmative action, which is the bitchsnivel buzzphrase of racists everywhere.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

  8. #98
    FORT Fogey KeepItReal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,488

    Re: 4/24 Show discussion thread ****spoilers***

    Yeah, I heard the new one about his education shortly after I posted on his last foot in mouth comment. Ugh, he's certainly an idiot, but it really takes a lot for me to call someone a racist. He's getting closer, though.

    I'd say he's playing up to people's racial prejudices, which really does have him straddling the thin line of racism.

    As for the footprint with the birth certificate. I don't have one with mine. Most of the people I know don't have them either. My son has one. My cousin just had a baby and she doesn't have one. The footprints mean nothing.
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

    -Unknown Author-

  9. #99
    bb addicted tapper01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    4,155

    Re: 4/24 Show discussion thread ****spoilers***

    Quote Originally Posted by KeepItReal View Post
    Yeah, I heard the new one about his education shortly after I posted on his last foot in mouth comment. Ugh, he's certainly an idiot, but it really takes a lot for me to call someone a racist. He's getting closer, though.

    I'd say he's playing up to people's racial prejudices, which really does have him straddling the thin line of racism.

    As for the footprint with the birth certificate. I don't have one with mine. Most of the people I know don't have them either. My son has one. My cousin just had a baby and she doesn't have one. The footprints mean nothing.
    Well, any time any of my students are referred to as "The Blacks" they are offended. That is racist to me

  10. #100
    FORT Fogey KeepItReal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,488

    Re: 4/24 Show discussion thread ****spoilers***

    I am also offended by "the blacks" comment. It bugs the hell out of me when people say they get along with "the blacks" or "I have a black friend". I'm just a cautious person with labeling someone a racist. If they are, they are, and the difference between me thinking that they are just dumb as dirt or a racist really doesn't matter. Either way I wouldn't want anything to do with them so I really don't need to issue the label straight away.

    I'm not saying that he's not racist. I'm just not yet saying that he is. I have only deemed him to be an ignorant ass****. He's also sexist. He also thinks that he's the best thing since sliced bread. I don't like the guy one bit. I just choose to take my time before issuing the label, that's all. With his antics the label may not be far behind, but if I give it to him he'll have earned it in my eyes.
    Last edited by hepcat; 04-30-2011 at 11:46 AM.
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

    -Unknown Author-

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.