+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: 4/17 Show Discussion Thread ***SPOILERS***

Re: 4/17 Show Discussion Thread ***SPOILERS***

About freaking time, he is finally gone! Gary Busey is as pretentious as Lady Gaga.

NeNe:"For a woman to say I don't know how to cook is crazy to me. Do you live in America? That's what we do, eat hamburgers!" Ew, what a nasty, non progressive, won't say any more since it would be not nice. But she wonders why she gets portrayed as negative? Maybe this is why you are on the Housewives... cause you don't really understand how you come across!

I had a question about Hope last night.
    First, she says in her voiceover, that although she's from TX, she doesn't eat red meat.
    Then, when Trump questions her about being a meat eater, after she''s accepted the role of PM, she says, she does eat meat.

Anybody as confused as I was??!!
    And, I don't find her at all attractive, either. I have no idea why she's playmate of the year.

As far as LaToya, even Katherine Jackson has that that very soft spoken voice. It's not a put on. I love LaToya's charity, too. It was very dear to MJ's heart, as well as my own. And, it's a terrific organization.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeAddict View Post
    I think the main reason Mark was let go last week was because he said he should go if the pirate theme was the reason why they lost. If Mark hadn't been so confident of how well they did, maybe he could have been prepared to temper that by adding that their team would be much stronger for him to stay and for Gary to go.
    That I agree with - it was Mark's confidence that hurt him. I will admit the pirate idea was good; however, not having the Koala was a bad idea. They could've at least put on the hat and it wouldn't have been offensive as people thought. I actually would've been looking at it MORE if they did that, and I do not use tanning oils.

Can you imagine how Omaha Steaks felt if they watched last week's show? They could have had a fantastic presentation from the men if Gary had been let go instead of Mark. I would think decisions like the one made last week might cause companies to think twice before allowing their product to be promoted on this show. Omaha Steaks is probably not really happy with what they got out of this - even though it did have my mouth watering.
    Oh yeah, the guys would've won hands down IMHO had they had Mark, who I think has experience as a TV host. Meat Loaf alone got rave reviews for his cooking demo, and he had to learn to do it. I do think he may be cooking steaks though after that lesson. And, additionally John Rich and Lil John would've been given more to do. I do NOT fault their laziness - to a point - this go because they did ironically do what Gary told them to do, practically nothing.

I didn't even know there was such a word as "c'boy." I thought Gary made that up. He obviously was lying though, since earlier he tried to apologize to JR.
    There is - it's pretty recent though. I think it started to deride the Cowboys football team for thinking they're "America's Football team" but do not play as such right now. Even more so when they've had horrible seasons the last few years.

But yeah, he realized his mistake and tried to ask JR for forgiveness, but I can understand JR's reasonings. I didn't feel like Gary's apology was really sincere unlike Meat Loaf's to Gary earlier in the season. That case, I really do think Meat Loaf was upset and shocked at his own behavior. I was rather surprised too he had learned his lesson because he did NOT go after Gary in the BR like I thought he would. I know people would see his speechlessness as a sign of weakness through frustration, but I saw it as a better outlet to a point than wanting to rip Gary's head off a few weeks prior.

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere View Post
    I had a question about Hope last night.
    First, she says in her voiceover, that although she's from TX, she doesn't eat red meat.
    Then, when Trump questions her about being a meat eater, after she''s accepted the role of PM, she says, she does eat meat.

Anybody as confused as I was??!!
    And, I don't find her at all attractive, either. I have no idea why she's playmate of the year.

As far as LaToya, even Katherine Jackson has that that very soft spoken voice. It's not a put on. I love LaToya's charity, too. It was very dear to MJ's heart, as well as my own. And, it's a terrific organization.
    I assumed Hope was lying. The only reason I could come up with WHY she would lie is that maybe she thought that would reflect poorly upon her, for some reason.

I actually think Hope is very pretty, especially for a Playboy model. I'm no expert on what all the Playmates look like, but it seems to me that most really aren't gorgeous at all. Look at Kendra. Not ugly, but no raving beauty, IMO. And the twins who replaced the three "Girls Next Door" aren't anything special either.

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    I have to disagree here strongly. What made the men's team NOT work overall were:

1. Gary's story did NOT need the kite, and when he did that it confused a lot of people. I even had trouble and I deal with these nonsense stories all the time from people.

2. The booklet had TWO errors in it and they were approved as being correct. These aren't difficult words to misspell either. This leads to an unprofessional product in the eyes of the buyer because if you see this lapse of judgement, what makes you think the meat is 100 percent safe? (or even a reasonable percentage)?

3. The eating... I can see their point. There obviously is nothing wrong with tasting the food; however, it was the execution as to how they did it that was wrong. One of the charms of "The Galloping Gourmet" for example was that Graham Kerr just picked someone out of the audience. Given that he was considered a very handsome man and had a lot of charm and humor, it was considered a huge honor to be selected.

I think the guys should've just had three of them (probably Meatloaf, and the two Johns), choose three people by walking up to them and asking them to come dine. Less awkward, and gives the person the feeling they are special and a person, not a number.

4. The package had too many items and the black tissue paper was NOT a good choice. The coloring of the paper can bleed onto the meat or packaging (therefore still possibly get into the meat), and this coloring has been seen as dangerous. It can also lead to a messy look if there is humidity or condensation that leaks into the box and melts the paper. They should've used butcher paper or found some sort of packing paper that they could've had the "Omaha Steaks" branded on it.

I'm not saying the women's team was excellent - the Omaha without steaks is a bad judgement as well, but at least people at a demonstration like that will know they are referring to the steaks and not a city in Nebraska. The lack of cooking did cause some issues for me too, but they did still cook. If this had been picked up they'd been told they had to cook more in future demonstrations. Out of the two though - the women's team was going to win this one.
    It was like listening to someone read the ingredients off the side of a cereal box. It was also disengenuous of the Omaha steak guys to say the audience participation part where they got to taste the food was awkward- the audience response did not reflect that at all and it's one of the corner stones of a good infomercial as is having the crowd taste test your fabulous food. you are trying to sell me rather expensive food in this tough economy-you can't just show me the already cooked product-make me want to spend the money by teaching me how easy it is to cook it(while throwing in important tips), let me see the audience reactions to the aroma and the taste.
    "Remember, sometimes your`buddy' isn't really your `buddy'." - Donny

FORT Fogey

Am I the only one who thought MeatLoaf was drunk as a skunk and that's why he couldn't form two sentences together and slurring his words? They have alot of booze in their apartment or holding cell, whatever you call it. It did show him doing shots at one point. We don't know the timeline boardroom firing: i.e., how long they have to wait to be called in.

Glad Busey is gone, it was funny for a while, but he got too creepy and on my last nerve. NeNe needs to go next - she has no class whatsoever. imo

John Rich for the win is who I want.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx View Post
    Heehee. What a visual!

Star would whip out her laptop and draw you a diagram using stunning graphics to explain the inner workings (or non-workings, as it were) of the entire elevator system. Brava!, but the elevator still doesn't work, hun.

Nene would shout at the top of her lungs, insulting the elevator, the company that built it, and the building it was in, in an attempt to make it GET TO WORK ALREADY! Feel better now, Nene? But the elevator still doesn't work.

Gary would pontificate at great length about the harmonious, symbiotic relationship between the elevator and the cosmos in general, and in the end he would explain that the the elevator control panel is first cousin to the human body with all he intricate systems working in delicate balance. Everything co-exists in perfect harmony in Buseyworld. The elevator still doesn't work, but Gary doesn't care. Right here, right now, is exactly where he wants to be. Pass the bong and sing a song.
    I don't know if this is a good thing or a bad thing, but I do believe you understand Gary Busey's mind perfectly! And maybe just maybe, being zen enough to be exactly where you want to be regardless of the what is going on around you isn't such a wacky idea
    Seriously, I too want to skip across a rainbow and dance along the milkyway rather than sit around letting everything tick me off. Wether he's a genius or crazy or a crazy genius i belive Gary Busey will outlive all of us

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Gina28 View Post
    Am I the only one who thought MeatLoaf was drunk as a skunk and that's why he couldn't form two sentences together and slurring his words? They have alot of booze in their apartment or holding cell, whatever you call it. It did show him doing shots at one point. We don't know the timeline boardroom firing: i.e., how long they have to wait to be called in.

Glad Busey is gone, it was funny for a while, but he got too creepy and on my last nerve. NeNe needs to go next - she has no class whatsoever. imo

John Rich for the win is who I want.
    I hadn't thought about that. I don't think he was drunk but he may have had enough to know that he should not do a lot of talking and just sit tight, as he did. He had his arms across his chest holding himself the entire time. And a good reason why he was not as articulate as usual. Probably a good choice since he wanted to be as calm as he could and not explode.

I am sooooooooooooo happy Gary is gone, too. He is not brilliant or a genius. He is a mess.

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie View Post
    I hadn't thought about that. I don't think he was drunk but he may have had enough to know that he should not do a lot of talking and just sit tight, as he did. He had his arms across his chest holding himself the entire time. And a good reason why he was not as articulate as usual. Probably a good choice since he wanted to be as calm as he could and not explode.

I am sooooooooooooo happy Gary is gone, too. He is not brilliant or a genius. He is a mess.
    He has a traumatic brain injury. I don't think that makes him a mess. He's pretty easy to follow for the most part and I get his ideas most of the time.

What I don't get is keeping on Meatloaf after he goes ballistic, threatening to physically harm someone because he believes they've stolen his sparkly glitter glue. Now, that's someone who is clealry a mess.

Last CA I tried Bret Michaels and Holly's snapple. I liked Holly's better.

thinking of trying the poker variety pack at Omaha Steaks...

Poker Night Variety Pack 47191WZA
    2 (8 oz. pkgs.) Bull Wings
    20 Italian Bites
    1 (1.5 lb. pkg.) Jumbo Cooked Shrimp
    1 (7 oz. jar) Sweet & Tangy Cocktail Sauce
    1 (6.5 oz. jar) Gourmet Horseradish Sauce
    8 Gourmet Loaded Potato Skins
    1 (24 oz Pkg.) Chipotle Sweet Potato Steak Fries
    1 (10 in.) Cheesecake Sampler
    Reg. $207.00 | Save $87.01 | Now Only $119.99
    Qty
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

+ Reply to Thread