+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: 4/17 Show Discussion Thread ***SPOILERS***

Re: 4/17 Show Discussion Thread ***SPOILERS***

Quote Originally Posted by autumnsessence View Post
    would you?

trump is trying not to fire gary but to have gary fire himself.
    Yup. he's a hoot. Far more enjoyable than the women and far less scary than Meatloaf.
    "Remember, sometimes your`buddy' isn't really your `buddy'." - Donny

Quote Originally Posted by tapper01 View Post
    she (LaToya) grew up being bullied, you think Nene is going to make her scared?
    No way. Sometimes the strongest people are the least vocal. NeNe is just a lot of hot air and Star's a meglomaniac. I don't think LaToya will advance not because she isn't capable but because she isn't willing to cut off another person's head in order to do it.
    I would rather be stuck in an elevator with Gary than be stuck in an elevator with NeNe or Star.
    "Remember, sometimes your`buddy' isn't really your `buddy'." - Donny

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by redsox girl View Post
    I would rather be stuck in an elevator with Gary than be stuck in an elevator with NeNe or Star.
    Heehee. What a visual!

Star would whip out her laptop and draw you a diagram using stunning graphics to explain the inner workings (or non-workings, as it were) of the entire elevator system. Brava!, but the elevator still doesn't work, hun.

Nene would shout at the top of her lungs, insulting the elevator, the company that built it, and the building it was in, in an attempt to make it GET TO WORK ALREADY! Feel better now, Nene? But the elevator still doesn't work.

Gary would pontificate at great length about the harmonious, symbiotic relationship between the elevator and the cosmos in general, and in the end he would explain that the the elevator control panel is first cousin to the human body with all he intricate systems working in delicate balance. Everything co-exists in perfect harmony in Buseyworld. The elevator still doesn't work, but Gary doesn't care. Right here, right now, is exactly where he wants to be. Pass the bong and sing a song.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx View Post
    Heehee. What a visual!

Star would whip out her laptop and draw you a diagram using stunning graphics to explain the inner workings (or non-workings, as it were) of the entire elevator system. Brava!, but the elevator still doesn't work, hun.

Nene would shout at the top of her lungs, insulting the elevator, the company that built it, and the building it was in, in an attempt to make it GET TO WORK ALREADY! Feel better now, Nene? But the elevator still doesn't work.

Gary would pontificate at great length about the harmonious, symbiotic relationship between the elevator and the cosmos in general, and in the end he would explain that the the elevator control panel is first cousin to the human body with all he intricate systems working in delicate balance. Everything co-exists in perfect harmony in Buseyworld. The elevator still doesn't work, but Gary doesn't care. Right here, right now, is exactly where he wants to be. Pass the bong and sing a song.
    ...and make up an acronym for E-L-E-V-A-T-O-R...

Awesome post. Are you sure you haven't actually been stuck in an elevator with these three?

I am in the minority I will take Nene over Star any day of the week. Nene has worked on every task hard, no slacking off and staying hidden like Hope. I like Latoya but like Gary she tends to live in Lala land. I can only hope that Star is the one that hits the road first. The simple fact she wants to take credit for being the boss every week is going to comeback and bite her in the rearend sooner than later.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Busey has that enviable ability to make everybody around him mad as hell but at the same time not been annoyed in the slightest by any of them.

Quite the Busey Bash Fest this episode.

Hope Dworaczyk looks like Anne Hathaway with extra large false eyelashes (which aren't quite as big as those of Natalie Gulbis).

Nene (5'10") is a giant next to Star. (Hope is also 5'10".)

Star Jones trying to run the show and Hope letting him... very obnoxious... and then Jones adds another insult at the end saying she'd like to be her mother!

I think Star's apron design skills leave something to be desired. To be so oblivious to the fact she was virtually molesting the cook makes you wonder if her marriage was ever consummated.
    "A lady's imagination is very rapid; it jumps from admiration to love, from love to matrimony in a moment." -- Jane Austen

FORT Fogey

I have three children one which has a lot of brain disorders. I cried at the sight of Meatloaf last night. It is that hard to deal with someone lacking a fully functioning brain and the way he felt and acted last night I have been there. I love all my children, and I would never wish I never had them. However, when someone is off in a different world, and seemingly does not understand things that need no explanation to most of the world, it is so hard to maintain an even keel.

Trump put Busey on the show for drama and drama alone. It saddens me that they are working for charity, and still the main goal is drama. The men have tried endlessly to speak their feelings, and still nothing until finally they are so broken down that they are caused pain for what trying to help a chartiy. John Rich seems like a great person, and if he is that frustrated, than there is a huge problem. Lil John is an extremely talented person, and he just had no motivation. Meatloaf ia a highly intelligent speaker and he had no words. Three men completely treated unfair when they were willing to give this much time for charity.

As for the women. I do not like a single one of them left. NeNe is a bully like LaToya said. Plain and simple she has gotten things in life for stepping on people plain and simple. Star is a narcissist. Watch her she always goes to the person that is the most upset, and tries to pat them on the back and make them feel better. That is a classic sign so that she can tell herself I tried I was the one who extended myself. It is all about her, and noone else. Hope, Lisa, Nikki all bowed down to the nastiness. Even Marlee is coming off badly at times for me. She is less severe than the rest, but she gets her digs in a lot as well. LaToya has her moments of annoyance, but overall I think she is the most down to earth and light hearted of the group. She is not made out for this show that is for sure, but who could put up with these women? I could not put up with Starr, Nene, or Dionne for a second.

I by no means care what one naked woman looks like to another, but I fail to see how Hope is Playmate of the year. She must have one heck of a body that men like because I do not think she is that attractive. I also hated the fact that she acted as if all was right in the world with her team. Not one single mention of Star and overtaking or anything. Really made her look dumb because now when they try and get rid of her next along with LaToya Trump is going to be like I thought you liked them in your task when she tries to bring any of the stuff up.

FORT Fogey

I loved this episode! Everyone was in stellar form doing what they all do best.

Meatloaf's behavior in the board room spoke volumes about the depth of irritation and upset Gary has caused. Little John and Rich showed their frustration in another way that was just as strong. They were done. Gary did not belong on this show. It set him up to be a public spectacle.

It seemed audience participation was a good idea at the time but I understand why it would be awkward.

The preview did not indicate a team jumble but that has to be coming after next week.

I do not like LaToya, her baby talk or wimpy presence AT ALL! I sense I may be in the minority here. I would LOVE to see her go next. Her apparent "nice" persona radiates doormat to me. I do not get the feeling she is being genuine.

Nene and Star are aggressive, mean spirited women but they are entertaining me. I am impressed with Marlee; she is a shoo in for final 2, absolutely. So is John Rich.

The audience has a hard time sometimes with what to make of Gary. You have people there giving testimony to the fact that Busey can be brilliant and on his game (Trump and Marlee). You have Busey himself during the confessionals saying that he plays up his wackiness in order to throw people off of their game. His confessionals are far more lucid than when he is actually with his team, so I was waiting to see him grab the reigns on his team and ride them to a surprising finish. Instead, by the end, I was thinking that if Trump didn't send him home his teammmates may have quit just to save their own sanity. I think he should have gone home and Mark should have still been there. Letting him slide again this week would have been an obvious farce.

I don't like any of the women's team so much. I have the most empathy for Latoya. Started out really liking Marlee but she lost me along the way. Nene is finally discovering why she was invited on this season. Not because she is a "celebrity", but because Trump had an open "b*&ch" role to fill and he must have caught a few episodes of "Housewives". He's going to make sure she fills that role. If that means digging at her in the boardroom like he did last night than so be it. She better just dig down and take it, just as she expects everyone to take it whenever she goes on one of her screaming, threatening, abusive rants.

Latoya, Latoya, Latoya,( sigh), what can I say? I think she's good when she's put to use correctly. I do think her kindness is genuine. I won't totally hold her voice against her when every one of her siblings, male and female, speak that way (and her mom is very soft spoken as well). Only person in that family with any bass in their voice is Joe (probably by design with him, anyone with too much emotion in their voice may have been seen as standing up to him). Her voice just irritates a bit more, but hey, that could be genuine as well. She was the only Jackson that couldn't pull out a real song. Hell, even Rebbie had a hit and she had no real thirst for the limelight. Her voice may just be unfortunate all around. I can't ever remember a time when Latoya sounded any other way. Latoya may read "doormat" because I believe she was raised to be a doormat in some ways. In a household like that there are those who are going to want to be superstars at something to please Joe, and those who are going to want to fade into the background and disappear hoping that Joe forgets them and never notices them. I think she spent a good portion of her life trying her hand at both of those and when the superstar thing didn't happen that background became comfortable. She's a grown woman still trying to find her voice. I think it shows in every statement she makes about doing something in memory of Michael. If she can be known as the one who carried on his legacy in any way she may finally feel successful at something. She may not be able to do a lot of things, but she can support his charities, and for her that may be all she has. I don't think she's for this sort of cutthroat show, but I do think she has heard so much negativity in her life she just accepts it and tries her best not to internalize it. People like her, if they can't get people to love them for their effectiveness, are known to "nice you to death". They will kill you with kindness. I think her niceness is genuine because her need for validation is genuine. If nothing else in the world that "nice" title is something that noone has been able to take from her in her life.
    Last edited by KeepItReal; 04-18-2011 at 09:37 AM.
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

-Unknown Author-

FORT Regular

Just saw Gary Busey on the Today show and he totally went on the attack. He criticized Meatloaf for his lack of anger management and said the Backbone team should be called Backstabbers. When asked why the others wanted Gary off the team so badly, he said, "jealousy, fear, insecurity."

Busey's brain is an interesting mix of egotism, disorientation...sometimes he's out of it, sometimes he's focused and super-intense. I think it would be very frustrating working with him or for him, but he's not a bad person, IMHO.

+ Reply to Thread