+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast

Thread: 4/17 Show Discussion Thread ***SPOILERS***

Kip
    FORT Fogey Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Re: 4/17 Show Discussion Thread ***SPOILERS***

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie View Post
    Because I am up early and putting off doing bookwork I did some research on Omaha Steaks. They have been around since 1917. They experienced great success in the decades where buying good meat was difficult in many places. They had to add frozen french fries and vegetables along with condiments (there are hundreds of those at our finger tips!!) and a bunch of other stuff to compete with companies who make food gift boxes.

Reviews have a swing from positive to negative; the latter dominated.

Some of the reviews I didn't consider. Those were from people raving about how good and juicy their lean hamburgers were. Well, lean beef is not tasty, nor is it juicy. Their hamburgers are 80% lean because leaner mixes are dry with little taste. Reviews from people who don't know a lot about food rarely give good insight.

Okay, done. I will try to focus on my chores.
    Someone sent us a gift pack of Omaha Steak offerings (pork chops, hot dogs, steaks, chicken, twiced baked potatoes, and a kind of apple tart. The meats were good. My husband loved the apple tarts (he ate them all - I don't usually eat desserts).

Kip
    FORT Fogey Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

I just finished watching this episode. It was hilarious. I felt kind of bad laughing at Gary because it seems the way he is because of his brain damage. (When my brother was going through a stem cell transplant, he was on so many drugs, and sometimes out of his mind. He'd tell us this crazy stuff that was all so clear to him. His brain clearly wasn't firing normally. We couldn't help laughing, but at the same time we were scared that his brain had been permanently altered - which seems to be the case for Gary).

I don't blame the guys for not jumping in and taking over for Gary and doing their all to win for charity. I blame Trump for not firing Gary earlier and keeping him around for ratings. It's been clear since the beginning that Gary has been an impediment to the men's team. Poor Meatloaf - I thought he was going catatonic there in the boardroom. The way he had his arms crossed, it looked like he was in an invisible straightjacket.

NeNe and Star have been badmouthing each other in their interviews, but this whole time, I've been wondering why. They haven't been at each other's throats all that much. Next week, it looks like we're going to see the rivalry finally come out.

At this point, I think the winner is going to be either Star or John. But I'm still rooting for Marlee, and for La Toya to make the F4 (as I don't believe she can make the final much less win).
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

I like Latoya. She's just different. I don't mind her voice at all I honestly didn't notice that she baby talks, lol. I don't see why this grates on Nene so much. Nene should respect people more, even if she doesn't like them, that person still has value and worth and should be treated more kindly. .....On the other hand, I don't think it was fair to leave Gary in for so long. The guys didn't really know for sure if he was brain damaged or just obstinate. Did anyone prepare them ahead of time for his condition I wonder? If not then you can kind of see how they had to come to learn this on their own and that it would not be pleasant along the way. I do think they tried to be patient with him but it must have been brutal. I think Meatloaf was at a loss for words because he so wanted to be compassionate and yet he was so exasperated. I sort of blame Trump for not taking him out sooner. Maybe Trump didn't even know the extent of the problem they were having with him. That's the only thing that would make any sense, I don't think it was particularly good for viewers or ratings.

The women don't know how lucky they were to only have to deal with Latoya and not Gary. Latoya "baby talks", Gary flashes his meat and potatoes at someone on the set. Latoya complained one week about her eye surgery and didn't work as hard as the women wanted her to, Gary tells a female exec that her suntan lotion makes him feel "sexual". Latoya gives pretty decent presentations, Gary rambles on about digestion and kites. Top that off with the fact that Gary constantly claimed to not have said anything offensive or to have tried to promote himself as a pitchman for a company during a task and there is no doubt in my mind that the men probably would think the women were being catty and crazy with their complaints.

Whatshername was no shining star this week either, she simply was able to win because the execs had more problems with the mens team. Honestly, she didn't know what to do with Star and her instant attempt to take control of the project. Don't know how she manages to avoid the fury of the women. She better pray that Latoya stays because she's next on the list unless Nene's "housewives" antics bump her up the list.
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

-Unknown Author-

Not a fan of Omaha Steaks. I get better products, at a better price, by going to my local butcher shop which has its own LOCAL ranch, certified pastured, grass-fed (and lets us know whether or not grass-finished), and organic.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Gary Busey's Son Luke, 1, Hospitalized

It's been a rough week for Gary Busey.

The 66-year-old actor -- who was eliminated on Sunday's Celebrity Apprentice -- is currently at the hospital with his 1-year-old son Luke, TMZ confirms.

Busey's rep declined to go into specifics, saying only that Luke is being treated for a "childhood illness." The tot is expected to return home with Gary and his fiancee, Steffanie Sampson, by the end of the week.

"Gary is very grateful to his fans for their love and support," his rep adds. "Steffanie and Gary thank everyone for their get well prayers for Luke."
    Gary Busey's Son Luke, 1, Hospitalized - Moms & Babies - UsMagazine.com
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Love_Me View Post
    Hard to believe Gary has a 1 year old child! It's not really that uncommon for an older celebrity to have a much younger woman, but Gary? Ah, well, I guess I've heard of more shocking pairs.

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KeepItReal View Post
    The women don't know how lucky they were to only have to deal with Latoya and not Gary. Latoya "baby talks", Gary flashes his meat and potatoes at someone on the set. Latoya complained one week about her eye surgery and didn't work as hard as the women wanted her to, Gary tells a female exec that her suntan lotion makes him feel "sexual". Latoya gives pretty decent presentations, Gary rambles on about digestion and kites. Top that off with the fact that Gary constantly claimed to not have said anything offensive or to have tried to promote himself as a pitchman for a company during a task and there is no doubt in my mind that the men probably would think the women were being catty and crazy with their complaints.

Whatshername was no shining star this week either, she simply was able to win because the execs had more problems with the mens team. Honestly, she didn't know what to do with Star and her instant attempt to take control of the project. Don't know how she manages to avoid the fury of the women. She better pray that Latoya stays because she's next on the list unless Nene's "housewives" antics bump her up the list.
    I really wish they did one thing differently the week they had the women give their opinions about who should get fired. Give them the option to trade players. It would have been VERY interesting for the guys to get LaToya and the girls to get Gary. Once things got going, the women would have been dumb-founded, and the guys would have been tickled pink.

FORT Fogey

Trump is so disrespectful to people that I am not shocked he allows such disrespect on his show. To continue to have Gary in a situation that causes so many people such discomfort, and for charity is disrespectful on so many levels. Trump keeps saying over and over business is business, but I am on the side that feels if being rich means you steamroll people, and act like a jerk, than I would rather have less money.

The women's team is so full of loudmouths and nasty disrespectul women that I cannot stomach them. LaToya is a gracious person who can laugh at herself, and keep her head up despite what hits her. Yes she was hard to have as PM, and yes she is not cut out for this show and what it takes, but that does not mean she is useless. Some people just are followers and not leaders. Noone is even giving her anything to do, and when they do she does it and tries her best. I have never seen her complain about her tasks or not do them.

If Star wins, it will be a joke. She has done nothing but computer graphics and be bossy.

John Rich, Lil Jon, and Meatloaf have all done an excellent job at the tasks. I would give the edge to the Johns though as Meatloaf and losing his temper so violently just did not sit well with me.

+ Reply to Thread