+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: 4/17 Show Discussion Thread ***SPOILERS***

Re: 4/17 Show Discussion Thread ***SPOILERS***

Nene not getting along with Hope now? hmmm

I liked Nene a lot until I had to be her boss," the Playmate told E! News, previewing an episode that airs tonight. "One minute she was crying and opening up about herself and sharing something about the past that's very very personal, and the next minute, she's yelling. I think you can call it unstable."

Does Dworaczyk therefore understand why Star Jones wanted a bodyguard to protect her from Leakes? Yes.

"It was out of control," she said. "I think if I had been yelled at and attacked the way Nene gets in Star's face, I would have wanted a bodyguard, too."

from hollywoodgossip
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by redsox girl View Post
    He has a traumatic brain injury. I don't think that makes him a mess.
    He's pretty easy to follow for the most part and I get his ideas most of the time.
    We are beating a dead horse here.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by livin4reality View Post
    Last CA I tried Bret Michaels and Holly's snapple. I liked Holly's better.

thinking of trying the poker variety pack at Omaha Steaks...

Poker Night Variety Pack 47191WZA
    2 (8 oz. pkgs.) Bull Wings
    20 Italian Bites
    1 (1.5 lb. pkg.) Jumbo Cooked Shrimp
    1 (7 oz. jar) Sweet & Tangy Cocktail Sauce
    1 (6.5 oz. jar) Gourmet Horseradish Sauce
    8 Gourmet Loaded Potato Skins
    1 (24 oz Pkg.) Chipotle Sweet Potato Steak Fries
    1 (10 in.) Cheesecake Sampler
    Reg. $207.00 | Save $87.01 | Now Only $119.99
    Qty
    Their steaks are high quality, certainly, but Whole Foods sells the same grade and not frozen.

I question the value of paying shipping on heavy jarred sauces and frozen food. Having frozen food shipped is especially expensive.

I am not familiar with anything other than their steaks but I bet you could get all of this locally, cheaper and better. The size of the jars and wings are very small. One pound of chicken wings does not go very far! Heavy on the frozen potatoes too.

FORT Fogey

Because I am up early and putting off doing bookwork I did some research on Omaha Steaks. They have been around since 1917. They experienced great success in the decades where buying good meat was difficult in many places. They had to add frozen french fries and vegetables along with condiments (there are hundreds of those at our finger tips!!) and a bunch of other stuff to compete with companies who make food gift boxes.

Reviews have a swing from positive to negative; the latter dominated.

Some of the reviews I didn't consider. Those were from people raving about how good and juicy their lean hamburgers were. Well, lean beef is not tasty, nor is it juicy. Their hamburgers are 80% lean because leaner mixes are dry with little taste. Reviews from people who don't know a lot about food rarely give good insight.

Okay, done. I will try to focus on my chores.
    Last edited by shoepie; 04-19-2011 at 06:49 AM.

well thanks for sharing your thoughts with me shoepie. Now get back to it!!
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

Quote Originally Posted by redsox girl View Post
    It was like listening to someone read the ingredients off the side of a cereal box. It was also disengenuous of the Omaha steak guys to say the audience participation part where they got to taste the food was awkward- the audience response did not reflect that at all and it's one of the corner stones of a good infomercial as is having the crowd taste test your fabulous food. you are trying to sell me rather expensive food in this tough economy-you can't just show me the already cooked product-make me want to spend the money by teaching me how easy it is to cook it(while throwing in important tips), let me see the audience reactions to the aroma and the taste.
    You cut up the meals into bites and serve it to all the participants. There were 20 or so there, and even at 40, you could cut up all three meals and let people sample something.

This is where it would fail - it IS awkward to just have only three people eat the meals. It isn't when it's a large group.

Case in point, I had no problems getting a 1-inch cube of steak from a steakhouse when their reps came and talked to my PR class. I WOULD'VE felt uncomfortable if they had three 8 ounce steaks, three of us won and we had to eat while others were watching.

This is where the men failed, among the other reasons I listed but have had glossed over. They had a bad presentation - both live and on the papers, which Gary approved. Errors like those on the papers can turn people away from the product more effectively than a "stale" demo that appears to have happened with the Women.

As I said, I didn't think they were any better or worse, they made fewer mistakes that can cost someone business.

Quote Originally Posted by Gina28 View Post
    Am I the only one who thought MeatLoaf was drunk as a skunk and that's why he couldn't form two sentences together and slurring his words? They have alot of booze in their apartment or holding cell, whatever you call it. It did show him doing shots at one point. We don't know the timeline boardroom firing: i.e., how long they have to wait to be called in.

Glad Busey is gone, it was funny for a while, but he got too creepy and on my last nerve. NeNe needs to go next - she has no class whatsoever. imo

John Rich for the win is who I want.
    I don't think so - alcohol loosens ones inhibitions. Most likely if he had been drinking, he'd probably lashed out at Gary.

I personally think it was a tactic to try and control his anger issues, as if he blew his top, he would most likely be fired as seriously unstable.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    I don't think so - alcohol loosens ones inhibitions. Most likely if he had been drinking, he'd probably lashed out at Gary.

I personally think it was a tactic to try and control his anger issues, as if he blew his top, he would most likely be fired as seriously unstable.
    This makes sense. I like Meatloaf. He has an issue with anger control but he admits it and sought help. One cannot do more than that. He is a smart man.

Gary... G-A-R-Y .... that stands for Go Away Repulsive Yammerer

I like Meat Loaf too. I hope he lets the guys play as a team next week so they can have a functional task for a change but I think he is gonna shake up the teams now.

FORT Fogey

=scoot13;4273531]Gary... G-A-R-Y .... that stands for Go Away Repulsive Yammerer

I like Meat Loaf, very much. The mens team will be strong next week. Well, who knows. Seems so!

I am looking forward to that too. Gary was good entertainment and shame on them for going there. Let's see the game be played in earnest now, without the side show attraction. This is not to disparage Gary, it is pointed at casting. Good entertsainment, surely and I am sure his agent complied. Why not promote what the have for future craziness? Absolutely.

Boring, though.

+ Reply to Thread