+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: 4/03 Show discussion thread **spoilers**

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Re: 4/03 Show discussion thread **spoilers**

Ok, Meatloaf's tantrum was one of epic porportions...geez, who knew he had that in him? It was a tantrum of Mel Gibson phone rant comparisons.

Wow...
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Add It Up Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie View Post
    In Star's defense, she already called on many of her big doners for her first task as PM which they won by a landslide. She is smart so probably has more to call wise to hold back. She saw that Marlee was going to make a bundle so she stayed out of any fray and did the bookwork that someone had to do. She also kissed Marlee's ass, big time.

LaToya is irritating and acts like a child. I will venture to say that Nene's friendship with LaToya, after it wrapped, is a self serving gesture to aquire good friends in high places. I saw LaToya interviewed on Joy Beher before the show aired. Joy didnt know what to do with her and she is rarely at a loss for direction. LaToya appeared stupid and flaky and was unable to give her a crumb or intelligent sentence about the show and she was there to promote it! I see her being this way on the show. Her fake eye problem and giving up the T-shirt were two questionable moves. I doubt that T-shirt is one of 2 and I doubt she carries it with her wherever she goes. It was in her purse! Come on!

I can easily see the final 3 as Star, Marlee and John Rich. Who will be the final 2 is hard to call though the smart money is on Star being out. This only because Trump wants to hand the prize to a bigger name.
    I've always thought LaToya was a flake as well. But she comes off as a far kinder person than many of her team mates and she made an astute comment about the snarkiness of her team... so she's not all stupid. As for the eye incident and t-shirt business, well, those assertations are based on assumptions, only. I'd prefer to give her the benefit of the doubt at this point.

As for winners, I wouldn't count out Lil' John. He did a fantastic job as project manager his turn and is a pretty smart guy. He also deals with people really well. I have a feeling he's held onto his big doners as well.

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Oh, I just can't resist. Wish I'd thought about it a few hours ago when I posted, but better late than never. Or maybe never would have been better! Don't throw anything at me. I come by my corny sense of humor honestly. It runs in the family.

MeatLoaf's tantrum scared me. I said earlier it scared the Bat out of Hell. But it didn't seem to scare Gary. Oh, well - two out of three ain't bad. (So dooon't beee-eeee-eeee saaaaad).

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat View Post
    I've always thought LaToya was a flake as well. But she comes off as a far kinder person than many of her team mates and she made an astute comment about the snarkiness of her team... so she's not all stupid. As for the eye incident and t-shirt business, well, those assertations are based on assumptions, only. I'd prefer to give her the benefit of the doubt at this point.

As for winners, I wouldn't count out Lil' John. He did a fantastic job as project manager his turn and is a pretty smart guy. He also deals with people really well. I have a feeling he's held onto his big doners as well.
    No assumption on the lasix. Real tears a couple of times a day to lubricate the eye until it adjusts, that is all. She was ducking. And I am definately making an assumption on the t-shirt though; because it is sooooo much fun to do!!

People with low IQ's can be nice. Temperment has nothing to do with intellectual prowess. Downs syndrome people are the most kind, loving souls on the planet! I really crack myself up.

Please, don't anyone get all serious on me. I am having fun here today avoiding doing my bookwork and filing. Let me be.

Probably my favorite CA episode ever.
    Loved that Meatloaf apologized to Gary like he did. And, that Gary forgave him. Each man has his own demons to deal with. Glad to see that they were both able to do so.
    I loved that LaToya finally got some recognition. And, I loved that she got $25K for her charity, APLA. I've been doing AIDS walk since the beginning and have been on the APLA team for about 10 years. I''ve seen the benefits, firsthand, that they've brought to the community. So, they are definitely dear to my heart.
    Can't believe that John Rich's guitar would get more than MJ's shirt!!??? Inconceivable to me.
    I didn't like Marlee's decision to have 1 of the men fired. There was no need for that. And, I don't think it was fair that Richard got thrown under the bus. That was just wrong, especially from a team standpoint. I love Gary, but he could totally drive anyone - even the sweet and sentimental Meatloaf - crazy.
    I would have missed Gary, but he is the one who should have gone. Again, though, I lost respect for Marlee when she decided 1 of the men should go. And, though she claimed it was a "team" decision, it was obvious that it was inspired and orchestrated by her. It was also her decision, and hers only, that got rid of Richard and not Gary.
    Am I the only 1 who thinks Don Jr. has really stepped out of Don Sr.'s footsteps and become likable this season?
    I'm just loving this season.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

IMO the guitar got more than the t shirt for a couple of reasons. The dreaded $99,000 limit (and the strange decision not to ask those donors to use more than 1 card and split the tab on larger donations). The fact that the men's donation was face to face and they could make that check as big as they wanted to. We have no idea if the buyer even knew which piece of art they were paying for since this was obviously more of a flat out show of support and they buyer probably didn't care if they got their fugly piece of artwork delivered in most cases. John Rich said that the charity he's playing for is supported by country music. It's a charity they all believe in and come out strongly to support. Again, they weren't paying for the guitar, they were pushing their guy towards the winner's circle. Had that t shirt actually been signed by MJ and not had a reproduced signature it would have hauled in a heck of a lot more money.
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

-Unknown Author-

Quote Originally Posted by KeepItReal View Post
    IMO the guitar got more than the t shirt for a couple of reasons...The fact that the men's donation was face to face and they could make that check as big as they wanted to. We have no idea if the buyer even knew which piece of art they were paying for since this was obviously more of a flat out show of support and they buyer probably didn't care if they got their fugly piece of artwork delivered in most cases.
    Exactly right. That guy that was paying for everything dug through a pile of cheques and essentially said "how about this one?" They were just paying for whatever.

I have to say that I love Lil Jon and I kind of hope he wins. I was surprised, though, that he has never painted before, but not surprised that he plans to continue to do so. He strikes me as the creative sort of person that would be involved in all manner of creative endeavours.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by autumnsessence View Post
    oh? is that why he sent his twin brother to fight a celebrity boxing match for him last week and was caught at it? Sad situation due to his father's illness.....but i don't think that being a BASEBALL player means you are always willing to be very competitive.
    My point was that Hatch's comments about Canseco choosing to leave the game were rude and thoughtless.

Players are generally competitive even off season, and from what I remember of Jose's time in the sport, he was competitive. And, in all honesty given his attitude toward Richard in the first week of competition, I seriously doubt he'd walk unless he had a good reason. He wanted to get rid of Hatch, and probably would've done it unless he was fired first.

This is just an opinion only - I do not know or care about his personal life. I don't live it. However, I would say that the baseball competitiveness he had in his early days and what we saw here, he WOULDN'T have quit unless there was a good reason.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by KeepItReal View Post
    Hello, she was so excited about the chance to off her competition she was trying to whisper in a deaf woman's ear!
    I am deaf and believe me, a lot of people do this to me... including family members.

People REALLY do not understand what being "deaf" means. I can talk but I can't hear. I use interpreters in group situations.

Marlee's interpreter "shedding a tear" was a warm "made for tv" moment but really, it was inappropriate in an "interpreter setting". That's why she told him to stop....he's not supposed to show HIS emotions while interpreting. His job is to interpret!

Quote Originally Posted by LovesSnowCO View Post
    I am deaf and believe me, a lot of people do this to me... including family members.

People REALLY do not understand what being "deaf" means. I can talk but I can't hear. I use interpreters in group situations.

Marlee's interpreter "shedding a tear" was a warm "made for tv" moment but really, it was inappropriate in an "interpreter setting". That's why she told him to stop....he's not supposed to show HIS emotions while interpreting. His job is to interpret!
    Perhaps emotion is not appropriate in a normal interpreter setting but this incident was out of the ordinary and I think he was just so happy for Marlee knowing that she had done so well and that it meant so much to her. He got sentimental. I think she told him to stop because seeing him cry made her cry more too. He might be an interpreter but he is human too and has been with her for many years. It would be hard for him not to show emotions sometimes.
    Choices are the hinges of destiny.

+ Reply to Thread