+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: 4/03 Show discussion thread **spoilers**

Re: 4/03 Show discussion thread **spoilers**

I hate this season so much, can't believe I still watch it.

I hate funraising events. Forget skill, talent, etc. It's just about how many people you know and how generous they are. That is a cop out. And forced art challenges I think are a gimmick. I know you cannot define art for everybody, but in my mind real art is not just the means to an end it is on these challenges.

I also find it really disgusting to throw this much money around, charity or not. The world is in such a bad place, and these people seem so oblivious. It just sickens me, all the wastefulness and decadence. It's also just plain stupid. Sure, you can come out in droves for this charity, but what about the next one? People need to remember that pain never stops.

Star Jones is the only real juggernaut on the show. She just was sitting at the computer and raking it in! She is probably the only one made for Apprentice. Others may be good at the game, but she has it in her bones.

As usual I hated Trump's board room politics. They are the worst part of the show, I skip through most. And I cannot believe he fired Hatch anyways. I think Trump has a crush on Gary. He compliments him way too much, and gives him WAY too much leeway. I said it before and I'm saying it again. What the **** was that when he's like "Well money isn't the only thing to judge on.", and then the team starts targeting Gary. Trump can't have any of that though so he turns around and says to Richard, "He raised no money, gotta do it, Richard, you're fired." Trump is a hypocrite, pure and simple. And it did look like he sold one thing...
    Last edited by Endit; 04-04-2011 at 06:28 AM.

FORT Fogey

Excellent that Marlee insisted that a man be fired because it is business.

I didn't agree with Richard being fired. That means in future shows the person with fewer wealthy friends automatically cannot win or even make it very far. This is the first time I saw a blatant move to keep the drama. Trump didnt allow him to defend himself which is a huge departure from his board room format. Defending yourself is huge to Trump and the reason Lisa was fired.

The entire team agreed that Gary's lack of focus was a huge problem. He cannot survive next week if the men lose. Amazing that Marlee knows Gary personally and why on earth does Trump keep saying Gary is a genus actor?! No, he isn't! He does come up with some pretty profound truths in his ramblings if you can sort them out, though.

There was some rumbling on the womans team that Star was not pulling her weight. Seems she was playing a vital part to me. They are warming up to fireing her the next chance they get. Though I dont like her the playboy centerfold is the dead weight. I still cannot remember her name.

This is a good season! Very nice apology from Meatloaf.

Endit wrote: I also find it really disgusting to throw this much money around, charity or not. The world is in such a bad place, and these people seem so oblivious. It just sickens me, all the wastefulness and decadence. It's also just plain stupid. Sure, you can come out in droves for this charity, but what about the next one? People need to remember that pain never stops.
    Spending money helps the ecomomy in times of recession. The one thing you don't want to happen is for everyone to curb spending. Clearly those in financial strife must be frugal but the rich are employing many and getting cash in circulation with their generosity. They even help by spending on a personal level. Waiters, spa workers, sales people, landscapers, etc all benefit.
    Last edited by shoepie; 04-04-2011 at 06:38 AM.

I can't stand Hatch but the guy got the shaft. There is just no way this guy has friends with that kind of money. He's a guy who won a game show who may or may not have friends who won a game show that doesn't pay out nearly as much as one of these celebrities were able to get their friends to donate with a simple phone call. Also, do you think someone is going to be more excited about having a painting from the wacky mind of Gary Busey in their home or one from the naked guy from Survivor? Which one do you think would get more on ebay? There are very few places on earth where Hatch could outsell any guy on that team unless Hatch was a master painter.

Star was simply procesing the payments. It was Marlee working her friends to bring in the big bucks. I'm sure Star raised some money, as did everyone, but I can bet you a woman like Star is not calling in all of those favors until her own neck is on the line. Again, that's a problem I have with this show. If you had a team working hard to share a win instead of handing every dime over to the PM everyone would go harder in every challenge knowing that a win helps their cause. The prize money should always be split up amongst the team members. Star said that they would have gotten the million (likely more) if they had more "artwork". Sadly they didn't make a few more fingerpaintings to get the cash register ringing a while longer.

Next week it seems that Nene goes after Latoya once again. I really can't see why the women are so hard on her. Meanwhile the model or whoever she is seems to just get away with just being there. Since the show has stopped filming and we get all of these Nene interviews she has been saying that Star was the cause of her rift with Latoya and that she and Latoya actually speak quite a bit now. Well shame on you for being so easily manipulated then. A blind man can see that Star likes to pull the strings behind the scenes. Hello, she was so excited about the chance to off her competition she was trying to whisper in a deaf woman's ear! Of course she wants people to follow her course of thinking. She's a lawyer! It's her job to get people to think what she wants them to think. It is the thing I dislike most about Nene on Housewives. She will get some negativity going and can't let it go for the life of her.

I'm hoping for a team shakeup next week. Star needs to go to the men's team- Meatloaf needs to go to the women's team. The teams need a personality shakeup!
    Last edited by KeepItReal; 04-04-2011 at 08:55 AM.
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

-Unknown Author-

Favorite moment:
    John Rich says, "Glue. Don't sniff this stuff. It'll make you crazy."
    Camera cuts to Gary Busey.

Regarding LaToya's giving up the Michael Jackson t-shirt:
    I wonder if she's going to regret letting that "secret weapon" go when/if she is a PM.
    Last edited by Ellen; 04-04-2011 at 10:00 AM.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
    Favorite moment:
    John Rich says, "Glue. Don't sniff this stuff. It'll make you crazy."
    Camera cuts to Gary Busey.

Regarding LaToya's giving up the Michael Jackson t-shirt:
    I wonder if she's going to regret letting that "secret weapon" go when/if she is a PM.
    The John Rich comment was perfect, and very true. I'm glad they put it in too for the younger audience to show the dangers of inhalants (though I don't think that's the reason Gary is who he is now though).

On Jackson's shirt - I think one of two things may have happened: 1. The Jackson family has the second shirt as well, or 2. The donor decided to give her back the shirt.

I do think LaToya is right in that Michael probably would've helped out a charity such as Marlee's - which gets people of all ages hearing aids, so he'd probably be happy with it.

BTW - which hat won the challenge?

LG.

LaToya's hat won the challenge, and I think it was a good choice by Furio. Hers meant something to people. The rest looked like something my kids would make in art class.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

I think Latoya was smart enough to realize that the women (excluding the model perhaps) really feel as if she doesn't bring anything to the table. She gave up the shirt now knowing that an ASAP loss would have put her on the block and probably sent her home. She likely was going to use the shirt during her own task, but was forced to play her cards early.

No need for her to worry about it being an item where only 2 exist. 10 minutes after that shirt was shown on air about a thousand bootleggers began to reproduce it.
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

-Unknown Author-

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Maybe it was because of the credit card limit, but I was surprised that MJ's shirt "only" went for $99K - especially when John Rich's guitar went for nearly 1/2 million dollars. It's all in who you know, but that MJ shirt is probably worth more than that to some collectors right now. I really like John Rich a lot, and it was for charity (and a very worthwhile one at that), but MJ's shirt is probably worth much more than his guitar.

I also like MeatLoaf, but his tirade scared me, and also the bat out of hell.

I was just thinking about how Jose choked up when Trump asked him if he was close to his father. Poor guy. It's a part of life, but it sucks.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    I agree - I mean, come on Rich, Canseco was a BASEBALL player of all things. He was competitive (wish he didn't use steroids though), and it would have to be a damn good reason for him to choose to withdraw from the competition.
    oh? is that why he sent his twin brother to fight a celebrity boxing match for him last week and was caught at it? Sad situation due to his father's illness.....but i don't think that being a BASEBALL player means you are always willing to be very competitive.

FORT Fogey

In Star's defense, she already called on many of her big doners for her first task as PM which they won by a landslide. She is smart so probably has more to call wise to hold back. She saw that Marlee was going to make a bundle so she stayed out of any fray and did the bookwork that someone had to do. She also kissed Marlee's ass, big time.

LaToya is irritating and acts like a child. I will venture to say that Nene's friendship with LaToya, after it wrapped, is a self serving gesture to aquire good friends in high places. I saw LaToya interviewed on Joy Beher before the show aired. Joy didnt know what to do with her and she is rarely at a loss for direction. LaToya appeared stupid and flaky and was unable to give her a crumb or intelligent sentence about the show and she was there to promote it! I see her being this way on the show. Her fake eye problem and giving up the T-shirt were two questionable moves. I doubt that T-shirt is one of 2 and I doubt she carries it with her wherever she goes. It was in her purse! Come on!

I can easily see the final 3 as Star, Marlee and John Rich. Who will be the final 2 is hard to call though the smart money is on Star being out. This only because Trump wants to hand the prize to a bigger name.

+ Reply to Thread