+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: 4/03 Show discussion thread **spoilers**

Re: 4/03 Show discussion thread **spoilers**

Gary better use that mouth of his and fight his way out of this, if he can.

ETA . . .

Well, methought WRONG about Gary . . .

And I am NOT sorry to see the back of Richard!
    Last edited by ness; 04-03-2011 at 11:58 PM.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

well, that is good. HE was an ass anyway. Glad he is gone, but...it wasn't really fair, the men lost two guys and Canseco's dad really did die

Gary lives to see another day! Lots of lives for this guy.
    Richard didn't even get a chance to argue it much.

Quote Originally Posted by tapper01 View Post
    well, that is good. HE was an ass anyway. Glad he is gone, but...it wasn't really fair, the men lost two guys and Canseco's dad really did die
    Did he really? How sad. Wow, I'm so surprised they left those things in the final edit then. It did look suspicious and Hatch's comments added to it.

I think it would've been funny to have Hatch's limo drop him off at jail. Or a scrolling endnote, updating us on his current status....

Yea, I looked it up and Jose is having a pretty hard time of it.

I got to see most of this, but not the boardroom due to travel. Just got home and read who was fired. My few cents:

1. It is amazing the amount that the women earned. That has to be a new record - both individual team and both total. Both are very worthy charities, so I'm glad they did very well.

2. About Marlee choosing to eliminate a guy on the men's team - I get her reasoning. For starters, Jose did leave voluntarily, and that makes them a firing short. By firing a second person here, you give the groups (both) a bye where they could have another great (or even better) fundraising event and then no one can be fired. So in essence there is a bye week, which I think is also fair.

3. To someone saying that Jose was forced to leave - I hate to be callous, but that's not true. He chose to leave the show because he cares about his father (now cared as I've read he's passed) so it was the natural and right thing to do. That said, I do not think that Hatch for example would quit the show for the same reason because he cares more about the game and himself than he does others from what I've read about him.

4. The women I hope sincerely learned a valuable lesson regarding the travel times in regard to NY traffic. They were very lucky that a. they're celebrities, and b. they got it in enough time to have a show at all. All the more reason to celebrate the win; however, they were still lucky.

5. Honestly, I was probably the most impressed with John Rich's guitar on the men's team. The women's artwork was overall much better designed.

Not a bad episode - Marlee's choice helped us get rid of Hatch, and that alone is why I'm not upset with the it. He was the lowest fundraiser, he was bitter, he didn't respect Jose's decision (hence my comment in regard to Jose's choice to leave), and thought it wasn't right to do a nod of support for Canseco. Just a bitter man, and I was glad to be semi-spoiled earlier in the season when Hatch was ordered to return to jail. (Out of respect, this is how I knew - in spoilers:
    Click to see Spoiler:
    The moment NBC commented that Hatch's return to jail wouldn't have an impact on the game, I knew that he was most likely eliminated before final two. I am thankful however that he wasn't final two and that lead to the other person automatically winning by default.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    Oh, yeah, and Richard's comment about Jose possibly using his father's illness to get out of the task was below the belt. It really didn't appear that was the case, and it sounded to me as if he was leaving the competition entirely as opposed to trying to get out of one task.
    I agree - I mean, come on Rich, Canseco was a BASEBALL player of all things. He was competitive (wish he didn't use steroids though), and it would have to be a damn good reason for him to choose to withdraw from the competition. This goes very true when he wanted to essentially get you out of the game and didn't like you.

Seriously, I'm not surprised that Hatch is even dealing with more law breaking. The guy has no real scruples or morals, or hell even compassion.

FORT Fogey

You know, when Marlee said she had an idea but wanted thirty seconds to discuss it with her team, I was soooooo hoping her response was, "Speaking of the art of the deal, here's my offer: Either someone on your team gets fired, or you give us John Rich and no one gets fired."

It would have been a great development, if Trump would have allowed it (and for pure drama's sake, he might have--and to reward Marlee for having the guts to suggest it). That would have put the decision back on the men. Either give up one of their best players to the women or send someone home, thus depriving their charity of any chance at a win. Now, I don't think the men would have actually gone for it, but by not going for it, they would have had to put themselves at jeopardy (realistically, John wasn't going anywhere, because he raised a ton of money and did a great job as PM) and their charities at jeopardy. It would have been fun to see if that kind of offer had caused any rift in their team as those who were most at risk, might have tried to make a case for trading John. I bet Richard Hatch might have.

I think my favorites right now are John Rich and Marlee Matlin. They're both very hard workers, smart, and take no garbage from anyone, and yet they're also compassionate and thoughtful, as shown by their immediate agreement to let the winnings go to the teams that raised them, as they felt both charities were more than worthy. It was also nice of Marlee to stick up for Gary, though, of course, the women's team is better off with Gary remaining over Richard. I don't like the way Trump has deliberately made sure the men had to point out Gary's faults yet again. It just seems mean-spirited at this point, as everyone on both teams, and all the viewers, know Gary has problems, but they're not all his doing. He's had a traumatic brain injury, for heaven's sake.

Incidentally, I really appreciated Meatloaf apologizing to Gary and telling him there was absolutely no excuse for his behavior. Gary had a moment of insight there too, pointing out that he was glad that if Meatloaf exploded at anyone, it was him, because he understood why that happens, having been through anger management himself. Truthfully, Gary did handle himself well in that situation. I would have bet he would have exploded back and made things worse, but he didn't.

Niki was my favorite for her short time in the competition, but now, Marlee and La Toya have jumped up in my books. The total from the ASAP was crazy!

I also like John Rich -- I'm just not rooting for him to take it all. I expect him to make it deep into the competition. Unfortunately, I have a deep set feeling that Star will be the eventual winner.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

He activates my yummy!!!! yourefired's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by autumnsessence View Post
    ok..........something is not sitting right with jose's departure................or am i just uber-suspicious?
    I might have thought so too, but his father did pass away a little bit ago. And I don't think he'd lie about that.
    Geisha Ninja Sparkle Dance
    Twirling Ninja Sparkle Dance

+ Reply to Thread