+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 136

Thread: 4/03 Show discussion thread **spoilers**

  1. #101
    FORT Fogey Dragonlady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pasadena, CA
    Posts
    3,912

    Re: 4/03 Show discussion thread **spoilers**

    As much as we can tell that CA is sorta scripted/manipulated I enjoy seeing these famous people. Often I find myself changing my opinion about some them and LaToya is one of those. What little I knew of her, I never would have guessed her true nature, which impresses me. The same goes for Lil John. I didn't know him either but realized you can't judge him on how he looks.
    The same goes for a lot of these celebs. I think we get to see enough to form an opinion on them.

    Quote Originally Posted by socalledchaos View Post
    Side thought on Richard Hatch: The guy obviously needs to pay his taxes like everyone else and deserves to go to prison for it, but only in America can you owe nearly $2 million in taxes on a $1 million winners check.
    Richard owed taxes on $1, 010,000 on his winnings (1mill for win + 10K for his appearance on Survivor: Reunion) plus a car he won. He also failed to report $321, 000 for follow-up appearances he got after he won. He was offered a reduced fine and lenient sentence if he filed correctly then. He agreed to this but never did it. He was also accused of using money as personal income that was paid to a charity organization that he had set up and in addition, he also failed to pay $28K he received from his own rental property.
    Later on, he claimed that he was being prosecuted because he was gay, like he was innocent of all those charges. Sure, that's why.

    Don't think it's fair to blame America when the guy is obviously a big liar and cheat.

  2. #102
    FORT Fogey Maybaybie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,016

    Re: 4/03 Show discussion thread **spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    1.- Ok, this is really, just me wanting to know info for an older woman (me).
    I get confused about what a person can say and what they can't say. I have no agenda here. I'm just trying to know how to live in today's society. Why is it ok to say "gay-ass" but earlier I got told that I was rude to say "transvestite." How am I supposed to know what to say or not? I don't know what words are ok or not anymore. I'm confused!

    .
    I don't think it's such a matter of what is ok to say and what isn't ok to say, I think it is more based on the people you are saying it about or to. Some people get offended over some things and some don't- it doesn't really matter what their race, ethnicity, sexual-preference, or anything else is. Everyone is human and therefore everyone is different and will react differently to different situation. Now Lil Jon said his 'gay-assed hat' comment directly to the cameras and not to Richard, so we don't know how Richard would have reacted had Lil Jon said it directly to his face. My gut says that Richard is pretty open and relaxed about being gay and probably would have thought it was funny, but that's just the feeling I get from him- I could be wrong. I didn't see your 'transvestite' post, so I can't comment on the context in which it was written or the response you got from someone about it. Sorry.
    Last edited by Maybaybie; 04-06-2011 at 08:56 AM.

  3. #103
    FORT Fogey jadewarlock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    4,203

    Re: 4/03 Show discussion thread **spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by Darkhosis View Post
    first obvious sham firing of the season
    I disagree to a point. The only "sham" about it is that it's a second dismissal of a male contestant in the same episode when normally if a player quits, they only have one done. The "sham" was Marlee getting a chance to fire another player on the men's side.

    That said, I agree with her decision. Not only was it business, it prevented say next week the women losing another player, Trump saying a male contestant has to move over to the other team, and they choose Busey to harm the ladies' chances of advancing.

    Richard by far IMHO is the sham, and I do not know why Trump had him there to begin with. This guy is a continual liar and cheat, refuses to pay his taxes, but Trump would've kept him longer if he sold his paintings for more for ratings. This is the SAME Trump who fired Khloe Kardashian for having a DUI of all things but WAS paying her debt to society. Hatch has resorted to using his gay background to try and declare a mistrial and the attorney was biased against him.

    In the end, Hatch was NOT going to win - he couldn't have because Trump would be seen as honoring fraudsters, and that would harm his rep. This was a much easier way of handling it, and I do think that it's not only due to the lack of money raised by Hatch's paintings, but because of his comments about Canseco's departure.

    (BTW, none of the men's paintings really sold well - over half of what they raised was due to John Rich's guitar - $470K of $700K).

  4. #104
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    13,531

    Re: 4/03 Show discussion thread **spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by anders332 View Post
    I get that - I still don't think it was appropriate. Trump has shown his affinity for the women. From last season's regular people he hired not only Brandy (F1) but Stephanie (can’t remember, but out before F4) and Leeza (F3/4) Would he have allowed the same consideration if the women lost the task – would he have allowed JR to tell him who of the women to fire??
    My guess is that he would have posed the same question about not firing anyone had the men won. I am not sure he would have asked who to fire.

    I never expect this show to have any rules. It is different than the others.

    His decision could have easily come from the producer. They are always looking for the entertainment value and Tump is out of the loop on most of the inner workings because he is running his business as they film and only shows up in the board room and briefly at the begining of each task. Though his kids fill in there is more to it.

  5. #105
    FORT Fogey Dragonlady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pasadena, CA
    Posts
    3,912

    Re: 4/03 Show discussion thread **spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by Maybaybie View Post
    Now Lil Jon said his 'gay-assed hat' comment directly to the cameras and not to Richard, so we don't know how Richard would have reacted had Lil Jon said it directly to his face. My gut says that Richard is pretty open and relaxed about being gay and probably would have thought it was funny, but that's just the feeling I get from him- I could be wrong.
    I wish you'd been right about Hatch but from what I read (and posted) he tried to say that he was being prosecuted for being gay, and not because of tax evasion so he might have taken offense at it.
    I'm sure it's all subjective as to who takes offense and who doesn't but it does make it difficult to know the difference. I would have thought that was an inappropriate remark but apparently, not. (which I'm glad to hear)

  6. #106
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    3,449

    Re: 4/03 Show discussion thread **spoilers**

    I don't think Donald Trump fired Richard because Richard is a liar or has done bad things. After all, Donald Trump is a liar and a fraud himself! I'm not saying that he stole his way to where he is but he believes in nepotism and all the other corporate injustices that have been plaguing the rest of us. I don't know why Richard was fired. It didn't make sense that it was because he didn't raise enough money. He isn't the most famous guy in the world, he is a criminal, he is broke, his reputation is completely tarnished because of his shady money handling. Why would anyone give him money? You wouldn't expect someone like Dionne to carry a piano up a flight of stairs, right? So why would anyone expect Richard to raise money. He was doing well. And the reason he didn't win as PM was because his teammates were obviously holding out until later. Also, for as famous as Mark and Jon are, they didn't contribute very much at all either.

  7. #107
    FORT Fogey buttahfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,645

    Re: 4/03 Show discussion thread **spoilers**

    wait, how did i miss this?!?!?!?! i can't stop laughing.

    Quote Originally Posted by KeepItReal View Post
    A blind man can see that Star likes to pull the strings behind the scenes. Hello, she was so excited about the chance to off her competition she was trying to whisper in a deaf woman's ear!

  8. #108
    FORT Fogey buttahfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,645

    Re: 4/03 Show discussion thread **spoilers**

    still an assumption, she may have had complications from the surgery that required more than lubricating tears.

    i'll refrain fr any comment on the iq/temperment/down's statement.

    Quote Originally Posted by shoepie View Post
    No assumption on the lasix. Real tears a couple of times a day to lubricate the eye until it adjusts, that is all. She was ducking. And I am definately making an assumption on the t-shirt though; because it is sooooo much fun to do!!

    People with low IQ's can be nice. Temperment has nothing to do with intellectual prowess. Downs syndrome people are the most kind, loving souls on the planet! I really crack myself up.

    Please, don't anyone get all serious on me. I am having fun here today avoiding doing my bookwork and filing. Let me be.

  9. #109
    FORT Fogey buttahfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,645

    Re: 4/03 Show discussion thread **spoilers**

    i thought the shirt was actually signed by him?

    Quote Originally Posted by KeepItReal View Post
    IMO the guitar got more than the t shirt for a couple of reasons. The dreaded $99,000 limit (and the strange decision not to ask those donors to use more than 1 card and split the tab on larger donations). The fact that the men's donation was face to face and they could make that check as big as they wanted to. We have no idea if the buyer even knew which piece of art they were paying for since this was obviously more of a flat out show of support and they buyer probably didn't care if they got their fugly piece of artwork delivered in most cases. John Rich said that the charity he's playing for is supported by country music. It's a charity they all believe in and come out strongly to support. Again, they weren't paying for the guitar, they were pushing their guy towards the winner's circle. Had that t shirt actually been signed by MJ and not had a reproduced signature it would have hauled in a heck of a lot more money.

  10. #110
    FORT Fogey buttahfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,645

    Re: 4/03 Show discussion thread **spoilers**

    i completely agree with you. latoya has really impressed me bc i thought she was going to be a whacked out whispering weirdo, lol.

    Quote Originally Posted by redsox girl View Post


    I find Latoya to be smart, focused, well-mannered, well spoken, hardworking and creative. I came into this with the idea that she was going to be a loopy, useless weirdo. Quite the opposite has occurred, imo. I don't see any evidence of her being childish. I see it in some of the other women, but not Latoya. I'm also impressed that she stands up for herself in such an articulate way without resorting to cattiness or insults. I dare say she is behaving quite classy so far, which can't be said for everyone. It's amazing how audiences watch the same show and come away with such opposing viewpoints.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.