+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: 4/03 Show discussion thread **spoilers**

Re: 4/03 Show discussion thread **spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie View Post
    He owns the company and he can get feedback from anyone, anytime he chooses. AND this is a TV show designed to entertain.
    I get that - I still don't think it was appropriate. Trump has shown his affinity for the women. From last season's regular people he hired not only Brandy (F1) but Stephanie (can’t remember, but out before F4) and Leeza (F3/4) Would he have allowed the same consideration if the women lost the task – would he have allowed JR to tell him who of the women to fire??
    Last edited by anders332; 04-05-2011 at 10:40 AM.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

FORT Regular

first obvious sham firing of the season

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhosis View Post
    first obvious sham firing of the season
    Why was it a sham firing? He brought in the least amount of money, and his paintings were the worst/least interesting of the bunch. The team might want Gary Busey fired for obvious reasons, but he wasn't the worst player in this particular task.

I knew Marlee was one of the strongest women on the team, but didn't realize she was THAT strong. She might actually win the whole thing--tough as nails, smart, a team player, and meets the all-important Rolodex/fundraising criteria with Trump.

Really hope that the Playmate leaves next. She's barely said a word in five episodes, let alone made a minimal contribution to any sort of task. Did she even sell any of her paintings? The other Playmates they've brought in for this show like Tiffany Fallon and Brande Roderick were clearly articulate and intelligent, but this girl almost seems somewhat slow.

Side thought on Richard Hatch: The guy obviously needs to pay his taxes like everyone else and deserves to go to prison for it, but only in America can you owe nearly $2 million in taxes on a $1 million winners check.

How was it not a sham firing?? JR should've been afforeded the same right as previous PMs who lost a task and been able to decide who to bring into the boardroom and all 3 afforded that same right to fight for themselves. We'll never know if the outcome would've been any different, but having the ladies there and having input into who should be fired, when they clearly have never worked with any of them, was inappropriate.

I say MM knew exactly what she was doing by wanting Hatch gone - pure sabotage on her part - good game play, yes, but if this is how Trump plays it this week, he should play it this way every week - even the playing field.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

The playmate's paintings did sell, because Star mentioned that they fell short of the million only because they had no more art to sell. Still, she has seemed pretty useless and needs to step it up pronto!
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

-Unknown Author-

Quote Originally Posted by socalledchaos View Post
    Side thought on Richard Hatch: The guy obviously needs to pay his taxes like everyone else and deserves to go to prison for it, but only in America can you owe nearly $2 million in taxes on a $1 million winners check.
    I would think he'd been evading his taxes before he won that Mil. Exhonerated my butt - isn't he back in jail as I type? If anything, it might be 2 mil now because he hasn’t paid any taxes and he owes interest, fines and fees.

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie View Post

Trump is going to see her clearly and she will get fired when her team turns on her in the board room, absolutely. He does not like this kind of woman or personality in business.

I haven't noticed much with Lil John but I will pay more attention now that several have said they think he will make the finals.
    I admit that I haven't watched much this season. I watch mainly the boardroom action. The other stuff bores me. Anyway, I can't imagine Star doing anything worse than the Donald. I find many of his previous comments bizarre and offensive. Is Star worse than him?

Oh, Mr. Rich used to have a reality show on the CMT channel., It was a contest for country song writers and performers. Contestants included Bobby Brown and Carnie Wilson.

Quote Originally Posted by KeepItReal View Post
    I totally agree! I've been pleasantly surprised by her. I also cannot recall any of her confessionals where she's badmouthed a teammate. She's not a "go for the jugular" type but she surely defends herself when necessary. I like her and hope that she's at the very least one of the last women standing.

By the way, I also like Lil Jon. I agree he can also go a very long way.
    Oh, I think Lil John is the dark horse here. People are so focused on John Rich and Star but Lil Jon was quite brilliant as Project manager and in every project thus far he's contributed ideas, multi tasked with ease and behaved professionally in terms of the jobs. Of all the alleged' `artwork'his was at least cohesive in his presentation. I felt that this task was insulting to actual artists who struggle for years and years, hand to mouth trying to sell their work. Here, a bunch of rich people just threw piles of money at pieces of crap. I feel that Marlee got away with murder in terms of how last minute the entire art reception was-it was a disaster in how the gallery looked. So, IMO, she didn't win because she did the task well, she won only because she was able to get contacts to give more money.
    If you look at it purley from the viewpoint of job performance, John Rich blew her out of the water. NO question about it. He and his team were done hours before the opening, the artwork was hung and the space looked balanced. The womens gallery space looked amateurish at best. In the real world Marlee would have been fired by the gallery for a multitude of sins-not hanging or placing the art properly, opening late, total lack of organization. Which means, everyday patrons would not have stayed waiting for the gallery to open. Thus a loss of money for both gallery and artist.
    " I have a simple outlook-leave every person I meet with a smile on their face."-Donny

I thought for sure that Star Jones will be in the final 2 but after hearing her say she would never vote for Donald Trump for President, I doubt she'll last to the end. Since the finale hasn't aired, she would totally be kissing his butt if she were one of the last 2 standing! Wouldn't it be great if LaToya was in the final 2???? It would be ironic that the perceived weakest player ends up on top! Ha!

LaToya always came across, to me, as the flaky one in that family who traded in on her family name.
    I;'ve actually been very pleasantly surprised by her, too.
    She comes across much like Nikki Taylor did - a very kind person unwilling to make unnecessary, high school mean jabs at others. She's been thrown under the bus by these women far too many times and, yet, she's still sweet and kind and willing to pitch in.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

+ Reply to Thread