+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 3/27 Show discussion thread **spoilers**

Re: 3/27 Show discussion thread **spoilers**

Lil Jon was the reason that crowd was so riled up. Honestly, he may be a successful music producer but he's also a killer hype man. He used an old school tactic, which is the get the crowd moving and motivated before the main course. By the time they saw that commercial they were happy and laughing and ready to keep the party going. Lil Jon sold that commercial with his presentation. I'm just happy the commercial was not as offensive as it looked during filming.
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

-Unknown Author-

Quote Originally Posted by autumnsessence View Post
    she was also arrested in 2002 for marijuana possession at a Florida airport.
    I don't advocate drug use-but that's one grumpy old troll they may want to give the bong back to for the good of all mankind. Won't miss her and certainly won't miss seeing her gum.

I believe Latoya Jackson was also a spokesperson for the same psychic network back when she was married to the slimy lawyer. If only Ms. Chleo could have gotten paroled in time she may have been on this season as well.
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

-Unknown Author-

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vonna View Post
    Does anyone remember exactly what words Dione used when she wanted to leave the editing room?
    During the scene in the van, they showed Nene in a private interview saying people were asking what their jobs would be in the editing room. She said that she and Marlee would be doing pretty much all the work, but she wanted the others to just support them as a team. Then in the van, Dionne was shown saying "It's just that, I didn't know. If you needed me to stay, I will of course." They did not show any kind of response from Nene.

In the editing room, they showed Dionne walk up to Nene. Nene said "Oh, you're going to leave. OK." And then they hug good-bye. No other conversation was shown between them.

Regarding the outcome of whether the men or women should have won, my husband had a good point. He noticed that most of the audience was men. He thinks that if there had been more women, the women probably would have won. The men responded to the humor. Women would have responded more to the sentimental ad. I also think the womens' ad was more appropriate, but Lil John did a great job selling theirs.

Quote Originally Posted by autumnsessence View Post
    she was also arrested in 2002 for marijuana possession at a Florida airport.

LMAO - really? Hilarious!! I am SO glad she is gone. I liked her music growing up in the sixties, but I can never feel the same way after seeing what a witch she really is. Bye Dionne!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeAddict View Post
    During the scene in the van, they showed Nene in a private interview saying people were asking what their jobs would be in the editing room. She said that she and Marlee would be doing pretty much all the work, but she wanted the others to just support them as a team. Then in the van, Dionne was shown saying "It's just that, I didn't know. If you needed me to stay, I will of course." They did not show any kind of response from Nene.

In the editing room, they showed Dionne walk up to Nene. Nene said "Oh, you're going to leave. OK." And then they hug good-bye. No other conversation was shown between them.

Regarding the outcome of whether the men or women should have won, my husband had a good point. He noticed that most of the audience was men. He thinks that if there had been more women, the women probably would have won. The men responded to the humor. Women would have responded more to the sentimental ad. I also think the womens' ad was more appropriate, but Lil John did a great job selling theirs.
    I actually thought about that myself, especially because the vote was so close. I think they should have called it a tie ... or at least Trump should have given both charities $20,000 and since the men "won" let them have the ACN Match.

I think Trump wanted a "respectful" reason to get rid of Dionne, and it evolved because she abdicated from the team ... and then challenged Trump.
    Personally, I don't think any of the females left have the makings of a winner and I'm not certain about the men.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeAddict View Post
    That isn't necessarily across the board - I loathe sentimentality in commercials and won't watch one all the way through (I'm a woman, BTW). And as these women are involved in marketing a technological device, there is a good chance that they would vote for what they would consider to be the more effective marketing tool, which does include the possibility of the ad going viral.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by KeepItReal View Post
    I don't advocate drug use-but that's one grumpy old troll they may want to give the bong back to for the good of all mankind.
    I nominate this for "Post of the Day"!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Does anyone remember what Dionne said to NeNe when she was getting ready to leave?
    Wasn't it along the lines of, "Well, looks like I'm not really needed here, so I'm going to go back to hotel and sleep, if that's OK?"

Hate to say this, but I would have actually preferred that they get rid of Hope, who is pretty boring. Dionne is a total DIva, but at least she was fun to watch.

I thought both videos were good, but I did think the guys' was better. And, lil John was very smart in telling them about the potential of its going viral and pushing boundaries. As John Rich was really against the video's content from the beginning, I was surprised that he didn't mention that at all in the boardroom. He sure stayed under the radar there.

I know many with brain injuries, so I do feel for Gary. His behavior may seem outlandish, but it's not that surprising for someone who's suffered through something like he has.

I'm really enjoying this season a lot.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I'm not clear on something. During the Boardroom discussions and critiquing, NeNe was crying. When asked why, she said that she'd had conversations with a couple of the other women who admitted to being in past abusive relationships. She then said that she was also in or had been in an abusive relationship. Did I hear that correctly? I mean you're in the middle of a challenge/competition for your charity; you're being judged and about to find out the results of the voting ........ and you're thinking and crying about your abusive relationship????? The one you splattered all over reality T.V.? What was up with that?

Kip
    FORT Fogey Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Quote Originally Posted by elleprn View Post
    I'm not clear on something. During the Boardroom discussions and critiquing, NeNe was crying. When asked why, she said that she'd had conversations with a couple of the other women who admitted to being in past abusive relationships. She then said that she was also in or had been in an abusive relationship. Did I hear that correctly? I mean you're in the middle of a challenge/competition for your charity; you're being judged and about to find out the results of the voting ........ and you're thinking and crying about your abusive relationship????? The one you splattered all over reality T.V.? What was up with that?
    Nene said she had been in an abusive relationship in the past for about five years. I don't think she was crying because of the abusive relationship. I think she thought her team had done well, and as Trump went on and on praising the men, her emotions got the better of her because she thought her team had lost -- and she was really into winning the money for her charity - an organization that helps women in abusive relationships.

Edited to add: Noreality - Dionne did say something like that to NeNe. NeNe didn't ask her to remain there. Personally, I can't stand Dionne and would have encouraged her to leave. She seems to cause more disruptions than she makes contributions.
    Last edited by Kip; 03-28-2011 at 08:31 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast