+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 3/27 Show discussion thread **spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: 3/27 Show discussion thread **spoilers**

I didn't see the first part of the show, because I was still watching AR, but if the two teams really were told that they should go for an emotional connection/response, then I can see why the women were especially disappointed that they lost. The men didn't follow that direction at all.

I'm also wondering if some people wouldn't find the men's commercial offensive, not because it used a gay couple declaring themselves engaged but because it made that the punch line of a joke. I mean, I'm not a gay guy, but I can see why that could be construed as making fun of committed gay relationships and/or coming out to family members. In fact, I was kind of surprised that Richard Hatch was fine with it. Sadly, John Rich probably also had a point when he said that he wasn't sure if that kind of commercial could be used effectively in all markets anyway.

I also thought showing how the phone could really serve the deaf community was a better selling point--if I depended on sign language to communicate, I'd rather use that phone than TDI. If they didn't have a commercial that reached out to that potential market, they really should.

I couldn't quite figure out why Star felt she had to make a point about Dionne giving up costing her charity--or why Dionne didn't go after her as much as NeNe when she left. I don't watch any of the Housewife shows, but I was surprised that NeNe seemed to do a decent job as a PM; she's also funnier in the confessional type pieces than I thought she would be.

Finally, is it just me or is anyone else wondering what kind of train wreck speech Gary might give in the car after he's fired?

I was surprised that the women's team didn't win - I loved how they used the fact one could sign and talk through pictures instead of using a TTY was brilliant. There was a minor issue I had and that was the daughter not signing back - though it can be seen as though Marlee could read lips (which I do not think she can in real life, but that doesn't mean that everyone knows who Marlee is).

Not surprised that Dionne was fired though when they lost - and think that Trump Jr. seeing that she left and went home to rest instead of stay with the team is why the women "Lost." I think they wanted her to be fired, and then when she said the fatal words that she'd fire herself her fate was sealed. (That said, in this case I think she thought it was a brilliant idea as a majority of the team thought that she should be fired - so she'd say herself so Trump would fire someone else like he did when the men's team said Hatch was the weakest player and he fired Cassidy).

The men's - it was funny and the like; however, in an American market it would not be well-received by a majority of the public because of the gay punchline.

And WHY would Gary even think about going around without undies on under the robe? I just thought it was in bad taste, issues from the motorcycle accident or the like, and honestly, he could've ended up getting them NO footage if his robe kept splitting and he kept doing his Austin Powers at his honeymoon impression.

I'm starting to think this is going to be a trainwreck in the end ... not sure who I want to see win save Marlee and Jon Rich. If we lose our worthy winners and get an oddball? I'd say Gary to just have some "SNL" jokes for a while.

Does anyone remember exactly what words Dione used when she wanted to leave the editing room?

I too thought the women's team stayed on the task they had been assigned to. The task should have been evaluated by the company according to the criteria initially set for the teams...not for comedy affect. Possibly some kind of point system grading the teams rather than just a yes or no.
    I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back.
    Maya Angelou

FORT Fogey

The executives said use emotion. Well happiness and laughter is an emotion. I thought the girls commercial as well as the guys was good. If you are going to use a hearing impaired person to garner sympathy than there is no reason to use a gay overtone for humor. If RH was ok with it, and he is part of the gay community why not. I thought Lil Jon did a good job as did NeNe, and I would have loved both of them to have been awarded twenty thousand each.

As for Dionne, she obviously has a sense of entitlement to her. Trump is very clear that if you do not want to be there, and fight to be there you will be gone. He obviously has no place in his head for anyone that gives up, and they should realize that. I think Dionne thought that he would feel sorry for her that people were against her, and keep her. However, DT is a lot of things, but he definitely does not feel sorry for himself or others when they give up.

As for Gary, he is annoying but the guy had a huge skull injury. Sometimes in life we have to put up with people that are different or not our cup of tea. I see where the guys are annoyed by him, but I think that they put too much time and effort into complaining about him when they have a solid team despite him. He obviously is not going to win, so just tolerate him the best you can and move on. From the previews, Meatloaf lloks like he goes nuts, and I can hardly see in a professional setting going that nuts.

I have come to the conclusion that is one of the worst seasons of any reality show I have ever watched. The previews are 100% more entertaining than the actual show. The politics are WAY too annoying and long.

First of all: Jose, are you ****ing kidding me? COMMUNICATING WITH ALIENS!? I saw the look on a guy from ACN, and his face was the same as mine. Are you serious? I just... how do you even come up with that seriously?

Before Lil Jon made his presentation, I hated the men's commercial 100%. It was camp, I thought the acting wasn't that great, and the humor was juvenile and unfunny. Stereotyped effeminate gay person! HAHAHA! So funny, right!? No. Lil Jon was the only reason I feel it worked, his presentation talking about viral and ESPECIALLY the tag line at the end, "ACN. Life without boundaries. Sometimes you just have to see it!" were essential. Without these 2 things, I think it would have crashed and burned. ACN is not Virgin Mobile for one.

Love/hate Dionne for leaving the editing room. She really didn't miss anything and honestly if that was the ONLY thing they could charge her with, then you guys did a bad job. She didn't miss anything and she did ask to leave. Bring up her nasty attitude and how you're all scared of her instead! Thank God NeNe was the only one willing to go toe to toe with her, even if hesitant. This was a much more relevant issue. NeNe was not trusting of anybody in the first place to allow them to do more, even if they wanted to! La Toya was absolutely right on this point, but I am still glad Dionne's gone. And when Trump asked Hope who should go, Dionne looked down like, "I got this bitch in the bag, she won't talk!" And then Hope hesitated like it was a gang shooting but she DID say Dionne's name. A little shocking. I thought she wasn't gonna.

I like La Toya Jackson more and more. She was not given much to do, TRUE, but she also found a way to get Trump's attention and stay alive without getting dirty and making quick points. You can tell when Trump is buying the "fight" in somebody or when he is impressed, and I believe La Toya was hitting that mark. I loved it when La Toya answered Trump's question about her performance that was asked to NeNe ("You're absolutely right."). Way to beat her to the punch!

So I really had a problem with La Toya being a focus of elimination before Dionne. It looked like Hope did less or about the same job but nobody brought that up. Hope seems to always slip under the radar.
    Last edited by Endit; 03-28-2011 at 08:51 AM.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Thought Nene did a commendable job as PM last night. She was organized, delegated properly and took charge well. I liked team ASAP's commercial and thought using Marlee as the hearing-impaired mother worked well in capturing emotion. However, I also like the men's commercial and found it to be more current, or "viral" as L'il Jon put it. The fact that ACN already features commercials along the lines of the one that the women's team did, didn't help them any, even though they did a good job. Don't know how I managed to fall off to sleep just before Dionne was fired / quit. It's probably a good thing she's gone as she would have only gotten crankier as the weeks wore on. Good for Nene mentioning in the boardroom that others are afraid to speak up against Dionne--she obviously wasn't.

Has LaToya ever been PM before, because if not, it's time for her to step up to the plate, as well as the playboy model. Can't fade silently into the background for ever.
    Last edited by bee stung lips; 03-28-2011 at 09:18 AM.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Dionne Warwick has always been pretty controversial. She had a psychic network line way back that she was the spokesperson for that went down as fraud (of course) and was implicated and in some trouble about it. I think she made a fortune on it and it charged people tons of money while on the line. It was a big scandal back in the day. She was such a good singer a long time ago with hits such as 'Do you know the way to San Jose', etc. But I don't know what happened to her that she did that psychic network thing. I remember at the time thinking she was too big to be doing such a low rent thing as that. Hopefully she did it for the money and didn't really believe she was the all knowing psychic!!! That seems to be when things went down hill for her. .....I do think she was probably tired though, at 70 they are keeping her running and really it is a little older to be on the show. I'm sure she does view herself as a diva, lol. But honestly all of these women are a bit of that but still glad she is gone. ...Gary is sort of painful to watch. He definitely still has issues from his injury. I have known brain injured people and while yes, they can get around, speak and do many things, they are not the same. It makes me worry about that Congresswoman, she will recover but will she be herself ever again? It's just so sad.

I am not going to miss Dionne. Good riddance to that cranky diva. I'm sure the Reality TV Hall of Shame is going to have a field day with this.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Add It Up Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Am I the only one who found both commercials to be rather lame? The acting in the woman's commercial by the father was horrific, and though the signing thing was a nice twist, it wasn't pulling my heart strings that hard or anything.

Both of the commercials felt like they've been done before. I wasn't quite getting the love for them. Endit you were right on when you mentioned that the men's might have gone down in flags if not for the tagline:
    ESPECIALLY the tag line at the end, "ACN. Life without boundaries. Sometimes you just have to see it!" were essential.
    That is the only thing that saved that commercial I think. That, and the crowd was all riled up. What did they put in their coffee.

I'm glad Mr. Wednesday was appropriately blurred.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Tobi View Post
    Dionne Warwick has always been pretty controversial.
    she was also arrested in 2002 for marijuana possession at a Florida airport.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast