+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: 3/20 Show discussion thread **spoilers**

3/20 Show discussion thread **spoilers**

Lets keep it in here until 1:00 eastern. Thanks.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

FORT Fogey

Re: 3/20 Show discussion thread **spoilers**

I was hoping to catch up on what I didn't see, having been watching a basketball-delayed AR. Guess everyone else is delayed too.

Dionne is just way too slow for this game, and she can be downright rude. I get that she's a legend, but there must be some kindly way the women's team can give her the boot.

I don't blame John Rich for going after Richard Hatch for stereotyping people who listen to country music, and I'm not even someone who does. If he'd said something about Lil' John's audience, I'm sure he would have objected as well.

Loved how excited Marlee got about going shopping.

I loved the editing with the music for Dionne. Rigor mortis has set in.

There's a huge contrast between sweet Nikki and nasty Dionne. She is actually okay until you cross her.
    "A lady's imagination is very rapid; it jumps from admiration to love, from love to matrimony in a moment." -- Jane Austen

What can even be said about Dionne at this point? I feel like a broken record. So this week, we are shown her moseying around the "shop" as if she were on a leisurely stroll. Then she (and Latoya) insist they need more colorful decor for the inside of the RVs, and they make that the priority over getting greenery. And then there was the debacle in front of the "guests/customers." She wasn't wondering where Hope was, she was looking for a reason to fight. She did all that in front of people. Then she's on camera saying "If you're an adult, you should respond like one!" No irony there at all! Then she runs to Star and whines, is 'on the verge' of cussing someone out, mocks Nikki for saying Dionne can talk to her, and ends with "I got your number, hussy!" Shut it, Dionne. I am so sick of this woman's nasty, arrogant personality.

Nikki disappointed me. Prime opportunity to get rid of The Ego that is DW, and instead she folded and quit. She should have made sure Latoya and Dionne went to HD first, and she should have made more prominent banners. I still think there was a case to be made for Dionne being fired. She doesn't pull her weight, doesn't take initiative, and spends seemingly more than half her time whining and moaning and insulting almost everyone.

Gary Busey is just Gary, I guess. He certainly comes across as difficult to focus on some tasks, but 1. How can you blame him since he was in that accident? and 2. The men knew what they were getting before they put him in charge! Mark is coming across as a bit too high strung for this early on in the show. I liked his video taping idea though, haha! Canseco came across as a lazy bump on a log. And what is with the Bedazzled jackets he and Meat Loaf keep wearing? I kinda get it on a rock star, but a baseball player?

John Rich continues to impress me. Least he gets down to business and busts his hide for his team. Richard Hatch is still an arrogant jerk. So country fans are "backward" and "less educated." Less educated and backward? Hmm. Who spent multiple years in jail and JUST returned for failing, yet again, to pay one's taxes? Oh, yeah. YOU!

If I were to guess, I would say so far the finale would be between John and Star (much to my displeasure...). It did amuse me to think of what Star's real-time reaction probably was to the not-so-flattering TV shots of her in her painted-on white pants.

The ending tonight was anti-climatic, but other then that I am enjoying this season.
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

Who went home?

FORT Fogey

First off, I totally agree about those pants of Star's. What on earth could she possibly have been thinking? Does she own a full length mirror? I know she's lost a lot of weight, but you'd have to be twenty years younger and stick thin to wear those--and even then, they'd probably still be ugly.

I really wanted to smack Trump for deliberately trying to stir up trouble on the men's team, when he knew they'd won. Starting out by using a bleeped word to describe how Gary had managed the team was way below the belt. He's supposed to be soliciting opinions at that point, not declaring his own. Besides, given Gary's cognitive difficulties--which are not his fault but the result of his accident--it's just crummy to pick on him like that. I'm not a huge Gary Busey fan or anything, but you just don't do that. And hooray for Marlee Matlin for getting through to Gary and getting him to someone who could help him with his hearing loss (and how nice of Gary to credit Marlee for doing that). He did seem much more composed in the board room than he usually does. Maybe the fact that he can hear better will help him manage his behavior a bit more. And really, the men have no room to complain, because they picked him expecting him to screw up--and they still won and more importantly, Gary's charity, which I'm sure can use the money, won.

I agree Nikki shouldn't have folded like that. Dionne may be a legend but she's useless on that team, and she and LaToya totally screwed up by spending so much time at Bed, Bath, and Beyond, though LaToya redeemed herself somewhat by being such a good tour guide. Dionne, on the other hand, does almost nothing, and what she does do, she does at the pace of an elderly snail. The only other thing she's good at is being antagonistic. She's just a bad match for the game, but for some reason, Star and Nene seem to defer to her. I get that it's normally appropriate to respect someone who's older, and they can respect her all they want, but she's not doing a good job, and she's mean-spirited besides. About the only person I really do like on the woman's team is Marlee Matlin, who's not afraid to stand up for herself and her ideas but can still find the time to be compassionate and reach out and help someone like Gary. John Rich and Meatloaf are clearly the workhorses on the men's team, and for all the complaining about Gary, at least he tries. What did Canseco do this week other than play catch and nap? John and Meatloaf are also genuinely funny. I can't stand Richard Hatch, but that doesn't surprise me, since I've never been able to stand him. He's smug and arrogant and has no reason to be. When he started in on country music fans, I wish John Rich would have taken him out. Or at least pointed out that most of his fans are hardworking people who do pay their taxes, as opposed to going to jail for tax evasion.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    First off, I totally agree about those pants of Star's. What on earth could she possibly have been thinking? Does she own a full length mirror? I know she's lost a lot of weight, but you'd have to be twenty years younger and stick thin to wear those--and even then, they'd probably still be ugly....
    She's also gained a good deal of it back, and hasn't adjusted her wardrobe to her changed-again body. No one wants to "size up" -- at least not until one splits a seam or sees one's self on TV. She might have been able to wear them a couple years ago -- off camera. The camera is not kind to bodies in white pants, even those that fit well. (Isn't that something "they" teach on day one of TV 101?)
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

I may be the only one who respects Nikki for taking responsibility, but it really was her fault. As much as I wish DW would have been gone last week when Lisa was thrown under the bus instead, I do not feel there was a great enough argument to blame the failure of the task on DW. I can't remember when I disliked and had such a negative reaction to someone on tv before, so I don't look forward to watching her yet another week, but DT would have fired Nikki anyway in the end and trying to blame failure of the task on DW would have only made her look small...this way she left holding her head high and seemingly had the respect of her team, all of who would have placed blame on her. Why fight a completely losing battle? I think she really showed class....

Quote Originally Posted by JenCos View Post
    I may be the only one who respects Nikki for taking responsibility, but it really was her fault. As much as I wish DW would have been gone last week when Lisa was thrown under the bus instead, I do not feel there was a great enough argument to blame the failure of the task on DW. I can't remember when I disliked and had such a negative reaction to someone on tv before, so I don't look forward to watching her yet another week, but DT would have fired Nikki anyway in the end and trying to blame failure of the task on DW would have only made her look small...this way she left holding her head high and seemingly had the respect of her team, all of who would have placed blame on her. Why fight a completely losing battle? I think she really showed class....
    No, you're not the only one - to me it's respectable to take the fall for the team when you know it's your fault. While this is a game, I have more respect for people who play the game, know they failed on their own accord and not blame others for it. At least she did get that one donation of $40K for the Red Cross from the fire department because of that mixup Star created on the delivery.

As far as Gary, I'm glad he got his hearing fixed (was this during the show itself or prior to it?) And, win or lose, I'm glad Marlee was on the show (these two are my favorites), so she could refer Gary to get the hearing aids.

By far, the men's team won because they did show a relatively honest display of outdoor and indoor mobile homes and camping equipment. Gary did sell the first set quite well, and it was such as smart move of John Rich's to do the jingle.

BTW - to Hatch, That "hick" as you call Jon Rich, probably knows to pay his taxes and not claim that the network said they'd pay it, then claim that he lost his court case because he was a homosexual, and constantly change his claims based on how the wind blew. That alone makes JR smarter than you.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast