+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 3/20 Show discussion thread **spoilers**

Fort Member

Re: 3/20 Show discussion thread **spoilers**

Always knew Starr was a horrible human being with no care for anyone else but I am shocked at how nasty and mean spirited Dionne is
    I still can not get over her asking for concept credit on the childrens book last week, that was just so wrong and her whole attitude just sucks big time

I think Starr is playing for herself and not for the team and spends the whole time trying to make the team leader look bad so she looks good

As expected Jose is one of the people I had never heard of, and I find him quite annoying he tends to make mountains out of mole hills jsut for the sake of it.
    Last edited by Lucynda; 03-22-2011 at 05:23 AM. Reason: finish

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    <> This is my thought about Niki: Maybe she truly didn't care about being fired.
    If you noticed, Trump gave her and Lisa (last week) every chance possible to try and not get fired. Maybe some of these people are smart enough to not want to continue to be among a bunch of annoying, demanding, mean ego-maniacs. Maybe they (and more to come?) really don't care and prefer to being fired than stick it out with all the negative stuff that's involved.
    Not going to make Trump happy at all because this really messes with his agenda for the show. He wants the strife, the drama, etc. Otherwise it's just boring.
    Do they make any money for their charity just by being on the show, even if they don't win the task when they're PM? I guess I'm thinking that maybe Lisa and Niki figured they weren't going to be PM again and would not have another chance to win money for their charity, so they might as well escape the stress now instead of later.

FORT Newbie

Not only is Dionne a nasty old hag, but Starr seems to be fawning and drooling over every nasty word she says. When Dionne called Nikki a 'hussy', all I could hear and see in the background was Starr giggling about it. They're both low-class.

FORT Fan

I guess Dionne figures any publicity is good publicity??

I liked her (old) songs but now I see what a truly miserable self centered critter she really is ! I still say she has been a "star" for so long, surrounded by "yes" people, she is used to people fawning on her. Calling Nikki "Hussy" was truly vile.

I hope someone will put her up for elimination, and "call her out" to Donald.

Really the whole show is a joke when you come down to it....any one of these people could give money to "their' charity and write it off and/or do some other benefit for it or whatever. The amounts given vary so much also...$20k some weeks, and other weeks huge amounts. Some "stars" (*D list? E>? F> K?) are able to raise big bucks...but instead of going to their charity it goes to the project manager who many not raise anything

Jose Conseco ?? He could have phoned in his appearance on the show I guess

I don't blame Lisa and Nikki for giving up. This has to be the worst cast ever, with some of the worst "players". Just being around Dionne must be so frustrating and annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    Honestly, Mark made a better choice to NOT show the video. I think he could sense that they were going to win when he saw the women's trailer. Why risk being fired yourself for filming footage as honestly, it can be seen as blackmail and laziness on YOUR part. This holds especially true in the case of some of the lackadasial errors here on their part (TV in probably the waste outlet)..
    The TV on the outside of the camper is a feature of the camper, not put there by the team. A lot of the upscale campers have TVs on the outside of the unit now so you can watch TV while sitting outside enjoying the great outdoors! I go camping to get away from the TV- I can't imagine sitting around the campfire, smelling the fresh air, roasting marshmellows, and watching The Celebrity Apprentice! No thanks!!

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by estygal4 View Post
    Really the whole show is a joke when you come down to it....any one of these people could give money to "their' charity and write it off and/or do some other benefit for it or whatever.
    Rumor has it that Dionne's favorite charity is Dionne. I've read that there have been occasions where her diva demands for first-class airfare, etc., for "charity" appearances have wiped out any gains for the actual charity. It amazes me when she is given a pass because she's so old (70). My hubby is 70, and is the same sweet person who will give his all to any task. Is he a little slower than he was at 30? Yep. But he's the same person. Makes me think that Dionne may be the same person SHE was at 30, which would NOT be a good thing.

FORT Fogey

Apparently Star got the NBC attorneys involved to stop Lisa from posting insulting tweets and pictures. Star is a piece of work for sure, but I'm not loving Lisa for doing that. She didn't say anything to defend herself from getting fired, when she had plenty of ammunition against Star and Dionne, but then she goes home and does sneak attacks from her computer. Not cool.

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Iím pretty much a newbie to The Apprentice, and Iím really enjoying this.

Am waiting eagerly for Star, Dionne, and Richard to get the boot. Not that there arenít a few others who I wonít miss, but those three leaving will tickle me. And thatís one of the reasons why theyíre kept around (in addition to the drama). To make the exit more sweet.

My husband isnít watching, but I tell him about some of the things that go on. I told him how Richard had the gall to ridicule country music fans in front of John Rich. I didnít watch Survivor much that first season, but my husband said that that is how Richard played the game. He worked at getting under the other playersí skins to throw them off balance. I thought that was an interesting observation. I wonder if anyone on the show figured that out and tried not to let him get to them.

Gary is rather irritating, but I was quite impressed with how good he is at coming up with acronyms for words. Maybe he had time to think them up, but it looked like he did them on the fly, and if he did, he does have some smarts!

I just love John Rich. Iím not a country music fan at all, but I did watch Gone Country, and I have a lot of respect for that guy. I love his no-nonsense, hard-working attitude. Hopefully heíll be around a long time. Love Meat Loaf too. What a heart and a self-deprecating sense of humor. Marlee is my favorite of the women. She seems to be strong and fair, and also has a great sense of humor.

I have to add that I cringed every time Nikki told the customers that they were selling camping for the 20th century Ė even after they learned that this is the 21st century. But Iíd still rather have Nikki on the show than Star or Dionne. I agree that maybe Nikki took herself out because she didnít want to continue to deal with the divas. And maybe she misses her children. One just turned 2 this month.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    My hubby is 70, and is the same sweet person who will give his all to any task. Is he a little slower than he was at 30? Yep. But he's the same person. Makes me think that Dionne may be the same person SHE was at 30, which would NOT be a good thing.
    My mom is 80. She's still sweet and wonderful to me and my sisters, but she's a lot grumpier and more prone to saying things she wouldn't say. When I was growing up she never cursed, and now, if she hears something on the news she doesn't like, she will curse a blue streak and say things that make sailors blush. (at least that's the joke we use...)

I think some women (hopefully not all) get grumpier when they get older. My great-aunt, who was very similar to my mom apparently, once kicked my brother out of the car she was driving because he back-talked her. (not saying he didn't deserve it...)

It could be that Dionne has lost whatever hormones made her more mild, or she really could be old and bitter. Whatever it is, I hope she manages to show a nicer side to herself soon.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeAddict View Post
    ...Gary is rather irritating, but I was quite impressed with how good he is at coming up with acronyms for words. Maybe he had time to think them up, but it looked like he did them on the fly...
    I'm guessing that, given the various rehabs he's been in, he's just regurgitating whatever daily affirmations he memorized in group therapy or motivational meetings or whatever.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast