+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 3/20 Show discussion thread **spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: 3/20 Show discussion thread **spoilers**

No! Nikki! One of my childhood idols is gone! Darn! Well, she did deserve to go. It was her fault they lost. She was the PM and she was supposed to do the outside area and came up with the idea for greenery last minute. She also didn't put the logo in the right places. I have no idea how they lost though. The tour Gary gave and the fact that Meatloaf didn't know there was a TV outside should have killed it for the men. I guess the atmosphere was good enough to distract from the major blunders they made. What is that saying about putting lipstick on a pig? The men put lipstick on a pig.

I'm not surprised that Lil Jon does not make eye contact with those sunglasses on.

Mind if we stick *S11/CA4:" in the title? We're still using season's 10's thread. It looks nicer.

This season is a complete and utter joke. Donald Trump needs to be fired from his own show. And I don't mean "You're fired" and go pack your stuff, last thoughts while in the cab. I mean a 300 style kicking of the chair off the cliff. All the BS politics before finding out the winner were just sickening and just that BS, nothing else. NOBODY wants to bring up the serious dirt, and Trump was asking questions and wasting time.

I am not sympathetic to Gary Busey at all. He was a horrible team leader but of course he gets a pass since he wins, what a joke though. Jose also looked like he did nothing. Winging it does NOT a good leader make. It shows lack of preparation, teamwork, etc. You don't let your teammates feel like the Titanic is sinking while you relax. It doesn't matter if you have it in the bag or not, it is not a good leadership trait. He also isn't very focused, injury or not, they are flaws. I really hate the politics though. Mark, show Trump the video of him playing baseball outside and not being productive! I really wish he could have brought that up. It's like Trump has has a man crush on Gary Busey. It doesn't matter how bad he is, its' written off as "weird", "in his own way", etc. Those are not the usually, if they were, then better words could be applied with similar meaning.

And Nikki Taylor... um... way to take it lying down! Seriously, what the HELL was that!? "Yep, we lost, can't blame anybody else, might as well fire me. *smile*" Not a quote but might as well be. They thought Lisa Rinna was passive... she had the fight inside of her, but chose to not bring it out, Nikki Taylor was in LA LA LAND. Maybe its' a good thing Lisa Rinna is gone though, this season is going down to ****er to me.

I just can't get over what Nikki did. She was like the Trump/production crew's wet dream. We all know they hate those without the fight, the drama, etc. But she went above and beyond, doing his job for him: passive leader who self eliminates with a smile. Trump doesn't even need to waste his breath.

Also didn't really see so much about camping in this episode, it seemed like it was mostly about being in an RV.

The only good thing I can say about this episode is NeNe trying to put Star Jones in her place for a bit. She read my mind on how Star likes to jump in and control. It is a good trait to have but a double edged sword with Star's argumentative skills. I also love La Toya. She seems really down to earth.
    Last edited by Endit; 03-21-2011 at 04:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by VAgirl79 View Post
    John Rich continues to impress me. Least he gets down to business and busts his hide for his team. Richard Hatch is still an arrogant jerk. So country fans are "backward" and "less educated." Less educated and backward? Hmm. Who spent multiple years in jail and JUST returned for failing, yet again, to pay one's taxes? Oh, yeah. YOU!

If I were to guess, I would say so far the finale would be between John and Star (much to my displeasure...). It did amuse me to think of what Star's real-time reaction probably was to the not-so-flattering TV shots of her in her painted-on white pants.
    Love John Rich and am rooting for him at this point. Plus, I am one of his fans that he was defending. Hatch is a jerk and I can't wait to see him taken down.

If you are right about the finale, hopefully Trump will give it to John Rich instead of Star. That woman's head doesn't need to get any bigger.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

FORT Fogey

Here is my whole problem with this show. Nikki or whomever is the PM, and are totally responsible for handling the task and organizing, tasking, etc, but noone has to listen to them. Nikki instructed the girls to go get foliage, and that their time was limited, and they did nothing to follow that direction. So basically the PM is responsible for all their actions and decisions, but they do not have to do anything the PM says? I feel that if the PM is in charge, they should be able to fire someone and utilize the people that they see adding to the task

In the real world if Donald was the big boss, and he put Nikki in a role of supervisor she would have the power to fire people or utilize him to back her and fire someone not doing their job. Dionne is argumentative and does not work well, but they have to somehow deal with her? In the real world she would be fired.

FORT Fogey

If being country means that you are a hard worker, dedicated, and successful than sign me up as backwoods. I would see that as a compliment if the country singers that have been on this show are an example of what Hatch and the others felt was hick or whatever demeaning words they used. Clint Black, John Rich, and name is escaping me but the guy who won that sang country truly make me wish I was a country fan more because they truly are good role models and good workers.

FORT Fan

Next week they need to put Jose Canseco and Dionne as project managers. Then maybe those 2 will have to do something. The thing that bugs me about the show is that they put the person they want out as project manager so if they lose, that person is gone. I don't think the rest of the team gets fairly judged.

I think Dion continues to show that she is has an over inflated ego. She constantly talks down to the others and plays the snobby Diva very well....I have always thought she was a "christian woman " and a leader...well I wouldn't follow that woman to a free lunch! And as for Star Jones...I can not wait to hear "Star..your fired!"

Quote Originally Posted by fan*addict View Post
    I think Dion continues to show that she is has an over inflated ego. She constantly talks down to the others and plays the snobby Diva very well....I have always thought she was a "christian woman " and a leader...well I wouldn't follow that woman to a free lunch! And as for Star Jones...I can not wait to hear "Star..your fired!"

Star seemed to dial it back a bit yesterday; maybe she read Richard Hatch's playbook. Dionne, on the other hand, calling Nikki a "hussy" when she was kvetching about [I forget her name] being in someone else's RV/trailer. If you have clients and are giving a tour/pitch, you go where you're needed at that moment. I guess the old diva doesn't get the concept of serving others; she's too used to being waited on.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by klmom3 View Post
    Next week they need to put Jose Canseco and Dionne as project managers. Then maybe those 2 will have to do something. The thing that bugs me about the show is that they put the person they want out as project manager so if they lose, that person is gone. I don't think the rest of the team gets fairly judged.
    The additional problem is that if they assume that if they lose, the project manager is gone, and they want that person gone, there's no reason for the rest of the team to make an honest effort. It's not like their charity loses money if they don't, since only the PM's charity gets any money if they win. I'd like to think they'd work hard because a)it's the appropriate thing to do and b)even if it's not their charity, it's still a deserving charity, but that's evidently not the case with some of the players. If Dionne and Jose are determined to do no more than the absolute minimum, then, yeah, put them on as project managers and let people like John Rich and Marlee Matlin work as slowly as possible for them and see how they handle it.

I hated that Nikki was too nice and claimed all the women worked as hard as they could, because they didn't. I didn't see the very first part of the show, where they divided up the task, so if Nikki was in charge of the outside and the signage, I can see why she might have been fired anyway. But there was no need to praise everyone on that team as if they all worked as hard as possible, because they didn't. Ditto the men's team. And yeah, it would bug me that Lil' John never seems to take off his sun glasses, but I assume that's part of his schtick (unless he really has some kind of eye ailment that requires him to wear them). It is difficult to tell if someone's really listening if half his/her face is obscured by giant, dark sunglasses.

At this point, my favorites are Marlee, Meatloaf, and John. But I fear Marlee is not long for the game, because if they make her project manager, I don't think Dionne will support her, and where Dionne goes, Star and NeNe seem to go too. As I've said before, I get why they feel she's due respect for her career, her age etc., but her attitude and her lack of effort do not deserve respect. She's not good at this particular game, and just like anyone who's not good at a game, she deserves to be cut from the team. Marlee seems to be the only one on that team who's willing to acknowledge that Dionne does just next door to nothing, is frequently bossy and crabby, and should be eliminated. Even Canseco, as much of a lump as he was this week, did play catch with some of the fans who showed up and drew people into their display. All Dionne did was shop very, very slowly and ignore/disrespect the project manager. This is also not the first time Dionne has caused problems. Nikki may not have been a great leader, but she was MVP of the first task, and she is willing to work without showing attitude. She deserved to stick around another week more than Dionne, and I suspect the women's team will miss her more than Dionne, simply because Dionne is useless.

I also agree that PMs ought to have the right to fire people who aren't helping the team. PMs should be able to fire at least one person per task if that person is more of a hindrance than a help. That person should then be automatically brought into the boardroom and acknowledged as someone who was fired from the task if the team loses. That might set a fire under some of the lazier members of the teams and eliminate some of the game play (perhaps Canseco thought if he didn't do much of anything, it would help get Gary eliminated, which the men's team obviously wanted to happen if they lost).
    Last edited by Tilden; 03-21-2011 at 10:59 AM.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Didn't catch much of last night's show, except for the boardroom portion so I don't know all of the goings-on. I am, however, surprised and disappointed that Nikki gave up so easily in the boardroom. I expected a little more from her. I was expecting big boardroom throwdown, but got nothing of the sort. I get the opinion that she simply wanted off the show to get out of the "warzone" that is the women's team, more than anything.

From the little bit I did catch, it appeared that the women's team got along a little better this week? At least it appeared that way in the boardroom anyway.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast