+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Donald Trump Comedy Central Roast

FORT Regular

Donald Trump Comedy Central Roast

Did anybody watch this? I thought Marlee Matlin/Gilbert Gottfried and Snoop Dogg were the two highlights of the night. Everybody else had their hit and miss jokes, with the exception of The Situation. His routine was just painful, not to mention so racist/offensive/unfunny that they actually edited out a few of the jokes.

I would've liked to see Donald be a bit more involved/animated. He pretty much just sat there and looked straight ahead the whole time, occasionally smiling. He didn't even look at the comics in most cases.

Re: Donald Trump Comedy Central Roast

Marlee's pantomime was the best stuff of the night (with the Gilbert stuff maybe being second, and the Snoop stuff and maybe Lisa Lampineli being at least okay). The rest? Junk.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

FORT Fogey

That had to be one of if not the worst roast ever. Does DT not have any connections that would have been better than The Situation and Marlee Matlin? The comics they chose were not even that good. Trump was the wrong choice because while he has a sense of humor and all, he is not good at taking shots. He sat there ok, but you could tell he just did not like it.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by MHcarrollton View Post
    That had to be one of if not the worst roast ever. Does DT not have any connections that would have been better than The Situation and Marlee Matlin? The comics they chose were not even that good. Trump was the wrong choice because while he has a sense of humor and all, he is not good at taking shots. He sat there ok, but you could tell he just did not like it.
    Most of the comics on these Roasts are the same from roast to roast - it's kind of standard practice to use them. I think Donald was the perfect choice, and found most of the comics (exception = "the situation" though he is not a comic) to be quite funny.

Just visiting this planet nanaslbkp's Avatar

I had no idea that Marlee was so funny! Snoop made me laugh too!

+ Reply to Thread