+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: March 13, 2011 Show Thread **spoilers**

Re: March 13, 2011 Show Thread **spoilers**

Nene doesn't stand a chance of winning. She is so out of her league it's almost sad. In her case and a few others, I think Trump was just looking for the biggest freaks on recent television to bring some drama to this circus.

Back in the day, I wasn't that big a fan of Lisa Rinna.
    However, with each reality TV appearance she makes, I do like her more and more.
    While I'm sorry to see her go, I admire her for going out the way she did and maintaining her dignity.
    The guys' book was terrific and their performance was really fun.
    The women's book was just a retelling of Wizard of Oz. I think they should have listened to Nikki. And, I don't think that a book about signage - aimed at 4 year olds - would have been the way to do it.
    The guys did it right.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jucamer View Post
    No but she's a big fat liar! She told everyone she didn't have gastric bypass and then it came out she did. Own up to it if you're so confident! Too bad she's still an ugly person on the inside....
    Enlighten me as to why this has ANYTHING to do with Star's current stint on The Apprentice? This is the Apprentice, not The Biggest Loser. It's not about weight loss, it's about winning money for ones charity.

And her being forthcoming (or not) over how she lost her weight has not one iota to do with her level of confidence in herself. Zero. Zilch. Zippo. I've done / said things in my life before that I'm not necessarily proud of. Do I regret those things? Yes. But that does not in any way, shape or form prevent me from walking with my head held high as a confident, intelligent, accomplished woman. Same thing goes for Star in this case. That folks can't get past her supposed dishonesty over her weight loss methods doesn't at all diminish her accomplishments or change who she is, whether folks like it or not.

EDIT: prhoshay, you hit the nail right on the head. Star's gastric bypass surgery is a medical issue and the last time I checked and anything involving a person's medical record is presumed to be the business of the doctor and patient. Just because we live in a society where so little is private anymore doesn't mean someone is required to disclose such personal information. And if they do, it should be because they chose to, and not because we as an information greedy society so badly need to know.

Back when all the controversy was brewing around Star's weight loss, I thought it would be a good idea if, at some point, in her OWN time, she revealed her weight loss methods so that she could help others in the same sitaution as her. She chose not to go that route, and that's her prerogative. She doesn't own anyone any explaination as to how she wittled her figure down to less than half her size.

And since when did the weight of becoming the poster-child for gastric bypass surgery fall on Star's shoulders anyway? So she went from being grossly overweight to slim and trim virtually overnight so she automatically owed us all an immediate explaination? I suppose just because Carnie Wilson chose to make it everyone else's business, people immediately think this type of information is now everyone's business?

Anyway, back to The Apprentice...the topic at hand.
    Last edited by bee stung lips; 03-14-2011 at 02:34 PM.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

I sometimes think people are using Star's hiding how she lost weight as a reason to say that she is capable of lying, which is fine; but we all lie and quite honestly her weight is not a factor in this game. It's the same as Hatch's tax evasion issues, not really our business though I think Trump is showing a great deal of hypocracy on keeping him in this but kicked out Kim Kardashian for a DUI and yet she was actually paying her debt to society.

We don't have to use Star's hiding of how she lost weight as a measure of her lying. Her lips are moving, that's enough.

Quote Originally Posted by elleprn View Post
    We don't have to use Star's hiding of how she lost weight as a measure of her lying. Her lips are moving, that's enough.
    True - and I've started to see why she probably was fired from "The View."

Really, out of everyone I expected to be divas, LaToya has surprised me by being rather downplayed on that. While I know she has her issues (I think she was the one who said that her brother's death was murder), she at least apparently is having some fun, and both she and Marlee are playing low and quiet - or upfront when pointed on issues - when things go bad.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

As I recall it, she wasn't fired....she quit. She did it on her own terms, not anyone elses. And they were not happy that she took her own fate in her own hands.

Loved it!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by jucamer View Post
    That woman is an old biddlie Beyotch! I always loved her and her music. I wonder if she knows how ugly she came across last night??? She was so nasty to Marlee and Lisa and what's with a 70 year old woman talking with gum hanging out of her mouth. Eww....
    Maybe that was denture cream.

I wouldn't be surprised if the legal issue referred to earlier had to do with Star and Dionne wanting their names on the book. I guess they knew the winning book would be published, so they wanted their names on it for all the world to see ... perhaps to get royalties, too. What gigantic egos to want to claim full credit! Dionne bothers me more than Star ... I could never work with someone like that. She's not a team player at all, thinks she knows it all, and refuses to take direction from anyone in charge ... that's been the case in both tasks so far. I always liked Star on The View for her intelligent opinions (something lacking on that show in its present state with certain panelists), until it became all about the wedding for her, and then she became obnoxious.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

From what I've read, the legal department became involved with an issue/issues between Lisa and Star, not Dionne and Star. They have not elaborated. I'm dying to know!!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Wow, what a show last night! I'm not really a fan of anyone on the show, so the bickering and all that jazz mean nothing to me. If anything, there are people that I just don't like. I'm not a fan of Lisa Rinna, but the way Star and Dionne ganged up on her was too much. Just like Star let her work speak for her, she should have let Lisa's work speak for her. There would have been enough evidence that Lisa didn't do such a hot job.

About Star's weight drama, I agree that it has nothing to do with this show other than she can't be trusted. She straight up lied about how she lost the weight saying it was through diet, pilates and yoga. It's fine that she didn't want to disclose the surgery, but don't sit there and make up tales. Just say you choose not to discuss it or it's a private matter and let's move it. She's a liar. Plain and simple. But she's also a damn good attorney with lots of tenacity and fight in her. You can tell she was probably very good at what she did when she practiced law.

I can't wait to see Gary Busey be the PM next week. I know he has issues from his accident and all, but he makes me giggle.

+ Reply to Thread