+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: March 13, 2011 Show Thread **spoilers**

Re: March 13, 2011 Show Thread **spoilers**

...and, Star Jones isn't as "all that" and in control as she'd like the world to see. Case in point: control of one's own body and impulses. Remember how fat she was on "The View"? And remember how slim and fit she was on whatever show she had on Court TV? And then all the hoopla about "oh, she's had to have had bariatric surgery to have gotten that slim so quickly," and her contending, "no way: it was all diet and exercise," and then "okay, yeah, I had surgery."

After having seen "the Donald's" comments to Lisa regarding her famous (or infamous) lips -- during her "Melrose Place" days, she was known on Usenet (anyone remember that?) as the "Collagen Queen" -- and how much better she looks now post-reduction, I wonder if Mr. Trump is saving up some tacky remarks for Star about her fat rolls and how she still tries to squeeze into clothes that are two sizes too small?
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
    ...and, Star Jones isn't as "all that" and in control as she'd like the world to see. Case in point: control of one's own body and impulses. Remember how fat she was on "The View"? And remember how slim and fit she was on whatever show she had on Court TV? And then all the hoopla about "oh, she's had to have had bariatric surgery to have gotten that slim so quickly," and her contending, "no way: it was all diet and exercise," and then "okay, yeah, I had surgery."
    Pray tell, how does Star's physique have anything to do with her ability to speak up and speak her point directly? At her most massive weight, Star was still just as confident, articulate and direct as she is now. She still sat confidently beside her much slimmer co-hosts on the VIew each day, still speaking her mind. Fact is, she has proven that she is an educated, confident, well-spoken woman regardless of whatever weight she is/was. So her size, or alleged lack of weight control has zero to do with the way she presents herself vocally.

Referring to Star's previous weight problems, how she did, or didn't lose her weight, or how honest, or dishonest she was regarding the methods she used use to acheive her weight loss, does nothing to change or disprove her level of confidence in herself.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Ryan ~ Reid ~ Roberto ryanfan4vr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post
    Pray tell, how does Star's physique have anything to do with her ability to speak up and speak her point directly? At her most massive weight, Star was still just as confident, articulate and direct as she is now. She still sat confidently beside her much slimmer co-hosts on the VIew each day, still speaking her mind. Fact is, she has proven that she is an educated, confident, well-spoken woman regardless of whatever weight she is/was. So her size, or alleged lack of weight control has zero to do with the way she presents herself vocally.

Referring to Star's previous weight problems, how she did, or didn't lose her weight, or how honest, or dishonest she was regarding the methods she used use to acheive her weight loss, does nothing to change or disprove her level of confidence in herself.
    She may be confident in herself, but she is one ugly human being!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Dionne is not a psychic, but she had her name/face attached to one of those phone lines. She hosted infomercials for the Psychic Friends Network.

That woman is an old biddlie Beyotch! I always loved her and her music. I wonder if she knows how ugly she came across last night??? She was so nasty to Marlee and Lisa and what's with a 70 year old woman talking with gum hanging out of her mouth. Eww....

FORT Fogey

Star and Dionne should be ashamed of themselves. I adore Lisa R. and was thrilled when she told them that she wanted them to be "kind". I don't get why business needs to be without kindness (I know. Completely naive).

I was surprised at how unready Lisa was for this experience, but I think she may just be too nice for it.

Of the women that remain, I kinda hope NeNe takes it!

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post

No but she's a big fat liar! She told everyone she didn't have gastric bypass and then it came out she did. Own up to it if you're so confident! Too bad she's still an ugly person on the inside....

ryanfan4vr: You said it best. Star is one ugly human being, on the inside and out. I wish someone would slap that smug look right off her face. Perhaps, the next ugly human being, Nene Leakes will do it.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    Gary Busey was in a Motorcycle accident, He wasn't wearing a helmet and almost died. The accident caused his eccentric behavior.
    Thank you for clarifying. I knew he had some issues with drug and alcohol abuse, but he didn't have it to the extreme as some other actors I know of to have created these issues.

I do like one thing else about him - at least he admits he is the goofy "idiot" type in these cases because of this. He has taken it lightheartedly instead of letting it control his life.

Probably won't win, but at least like Bret Michaels from last season and others is keeping it entertaining.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter View Post
    Star and Dionne should be ashamed of themselves. I adore Lisa R. and was thrilled when she told them that she wanted them to be "kind". I don't get why business needs to be without kindness (I know. Completely naive).

I was surprised at how unready Lisa was for this experience, but I think she may just be too nice for it.

Of the women that remain, I kinda hope NeNe takes it!

God I hope Nene doesn't win. I heard a rumor that her and Star get into and she quits. I may be wrong.

I really liked that the guys won. They did a great job. Jose Conseco was kind of a real jerk.

Gary Busey is a loose cannon and next time the guys loose he will probably be on the next chopping block.

I thought the ego trip Star and Dionne were taking was uncalled for. Team project means team credit. If they won then give them the praise. If I watched it correctly they all brain stormed for the idea. Not really original but they did it together. Lisa did the right thing by not putting they're name on that book.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I knew a woman who had a double mastectomy, and then denied that it had happened for a while. The same with Star, in choosing not to reveal her personal medical information. I think that people tell what they want when they want, and it's their choice. They don't owe anyone any explanations until they decide the time is right. I am constantly amazed at how people think they are entitled to private information about others on their timetables. Trying to negate Star's brain power and superior abilities because she didn't satisfy the curiosity of others is ridiculous. We ALL pick and choose the "lies" we tell but, in reality, it's none of anyone's business.
    Last edited by prhoshay; 03-14-2011 at 02:25 PM.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread