+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: March 13, 2011 Show Thread **spoilers**

FORT Big Brother Mogul TheIrishEyes's Avatar

Re: March 13, 2011 Show Thread **spoilers**

Dionne is absolutely heinous. After seeing the previews for this season, and after watching Real Housewives of Atlanta, I kept thinking all I wanted to see this season was someone take NeNe down. But now, I want to see NeNe put the beatdown on Star and/or Dionne.
    Send me home next week! I'm taking food out of your daughter's frikkin mouth ... I'm stealing books and schools from kids in Africa! - Zach

FORT Fogey

At the moment, Star, Dionne, and NeNe seem to have some sort of little bond between them, but I don't know how long it can last, because they all have pretty big egos. At some point, they're going to end up turning on each other. Incidentally, I really hated NeNe saying they wanted Lisa to be PM, because she wasn't going to last long and they might as well get rid of her first. Unless Lisa was completely incompetent and useless to the point of interfering with getting things done, which she wasn't, what was the point of getting rid of anyone? Isn't the point to win money for a charity? Since you can only win money for your charity when you're PM, why didn't anyone else want to step up?

And yeah, I liked Marlee standing up for herself, because Dionne was rude and dismissive. I thought the idea of using sign language/hearing impairment somehow in the storyline was a good one, and people start teaching children to sign at that age, much younger even. Why not sort of combine the ideas and have another animal show the lion how to roar in sign since she couldn't roar like the other lions? If they limited the number of signs they expected the kids to learn, it would have worked--and they did like watching Marlee sign. In fact, the few times I've had a hearing impaired student who required an interpreter, it's always somewhat amusing to me that the hearing students will also look at the interpreter, watch him/her sign, and then raise their hands, as if they couldn't hear me either. It's just a very easy thing to become fascinated by--kids and adults are curious about it.

I also thought it was very funny when Donald pounced on Marlee for saying she's heard other people call Dionne a legend and asked if she didn't think she was a legend herself--and Marlee had to point out to him that she's deaf, so it's not like she's ever heard any of her music.

FORT Fogey

Why doesn't Donald just pick the biggest bunch of jerks he can find and let them into a boxing ring. This is a bloodbath. Lisa was absolutly right kindness is in short form in this world anymore. I am so sick of people covering up their attitudes with I am a winner mantra. I would take losing from time to time to being known as a jerk.

Quote Originally Posted by TheIrishEyes View Post
    Dionne is absolutely heinous. After seeing the previews for this season, and after watching Real Housewives of Atlanta, I kept thinking all I wanted to see this season was someone take NeNe down. But now, I want to see NeNe put the beatdown on Star and/or Dionne.
    Agreed. It was shocking to see how rude Dionne was to Marlee. She didn't even turn to face Marlee when she was "talking" to her. Dionne didn't need to face the gentleman who was signing - he could hear her just fine. Maybe it was just ignorance on Dionne's part, thinking she had to look at him because Marlee had to watch him sign. Whatever it was, it sure came off as dismissive and demeaning.
    "Most of us go through life with blinders on. Knowing only that little station to which we were born. But you madam, have had the... rare privilege of escaping your bonds for just a spell. To see life from an entirely new perspective. How you choose to use that information is entirely up to you." -- Andrew to Joanna in Overboard

Few points:

1. Were they supposed to judge the winner on the book or the performance. The reason I say that was because you could tell the kids enjoyed the women's performance more than the men's. The books, yes the men's was the clear winner, but it was confusing IMHO what was supposed to be the bigger scoring event here.

2. Lisa was doomed - she was right in a few cases, but the two she brought in were going to tear her to shreds.

3. Seriously - Donald, Marlee is deaf, she probably wouldn't bother really with anyone in music unless they also act. She most likely wouldn't know that Dionne was a star for that reason. (This BTW is not a slant on Marlee, she could've done research on music for interest, but if you can't hear, you wouldn't spend money necessarily on music). I actually thought it was rather rude and ignorant on Donald's part myself.

4. Speaking of Marlee - I liked the fact she stood up for herself and her idea. She may not have won, but at least she stood up for it. I did like her idea myself, because kids are so interested in things such as sign language at the age they were targeting. I have kids ages 4 and 5 interested in fused glass and making it, but I tell them they have to be at least 18 before they try because it's very dangerous and hot. Doesn't stop them from asking (sometimes for 1/2 hour).

5. It was worth it to see Canseco and Hatch have to dress up as women.

6. If I were Trump, I'd targeted Starr and Dionne's insistence on having their names on the book. He really didn't push much on the fact that they were willingly taking credit for the bad book, but instead went after Lisa.

Mind you, I'm by no means a fan of Lisa; however, I feel she was treated rather poorly in this boardroom. I don't think they did a proper analysis of what was going down in the boardroom.

Next week is going to be very interesting - I really am wondering what Busey will do. (BTW, they mentioned an accident - was he really in an accident or did he have severe issues with drug/alcohol abuse? I think he's doing well in spite of all that, but I'm really confused by this odd behavior. Though I will say - at least he's realizing he has/had a problem and is getting/got help. Can't say that for other actors.)

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    6. If I were Trump, I'd targeted Starr and Dionne's insistence on having their names on the book. He really didn't push much on the fact that they were willingly taking credit for the bad book, but instead went after Lisa.

Mind you, I'm by no means a fan of Lisa; however, I feel she was treated rather poorly in this boardroom. I don't think they did a proper analysis of what was going down in the boardroom.

I thought Dionne's behavior(and Starr's) was appalling but I have to disagree with this. Trump and his son both tried to feed Lisa what she should say but she just wouldn't or couldn't do it. At some point, I think, the contestant has to make his/her own case and Lisa never did.

Plus, she really did suck as the PM.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post
    Exactly. Kids LOVE that glittery stuff.

Maybe not so much when Gary Busey and "Mrs. Canseco" are the ones throwing it.

After the season that the bitch Joan Rivers won I said that I would never watch this show again, however since I have been in love with Jose Canseco since I was 13 years old I decided to give it another try. After tonight I think I will just follow the recaps on here, Starr Jones and Dionne Warwick are just awful and I have a bad feeling one of them may win. I will save myself the grief, good luck Jose!!
    A cat changes coming home to an empty house to coming home

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MHcarrollton View Post
    . Lisa was absolutly right kindness is in short form in this world anymore. I am so sick of people covering up their attitudes with I am a winner mantra. I would take losing from time to time to being known as a jerk.
    ITA! I thought Lisa was far classier than either of the 2 divas. I wish she had stood up for herself more.... but I understand how she was trying to appear less "barracuda-ish". And to think that I used to like Star Jones.... she and dionne were embarrassing. (putting your name on the front of the book? ugh.... pathetic)

Lisa is so not able to handle the Alpha personality of Star Jones. I saw the writing on the wall as soon as they started the project. Star Jones used to be an Attorney and she has no qualms about going for the kill when needed. I am surprised about the crazy Dionne Warwick brings,I had Latoya pegged for that role. Wow who knew she was such a Diva.

I love Lil John he is such a sweetheart!
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

+ Reply to Thread