+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: March 13, 2011 Show Thread **spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: March 13, 2011 Show Thread **spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Maybaybie View Post
    Is it a requirement that if you are a Trump son that you have to wear your hair slicked back? I thought it was bad when Don Jr wore it that way, but now Eric too? Seriously guys, you are not old men- go to a stylist and actually have a haircut more becoming of your age.

Also can someone fill me in on who Nene Leakes is- I've never heard of her.
    Oh I so agree. I wonder what is up with that. Certainly someone has approached them about this. Their hair and make up is done for the shows. Ivanka must have told them, as well. The must be stubborn about it because they think they look good.

FORT Regular

I'm sad to see Lisa go so early. She seemed to have a realistic perception of herself while still being entertaining/funny. She wouldn't have won the show, but there are a handful of people still on that are less competent than her.

Dionne was just You would think not having a hit in almost 25 years and actively paying off a $2.5 million debt for the last 15 years would humble you somewhat, but apparently not...

Star is equally awful, but you've got to give her credit...that was one of the most brutal firings in the history of the show. Unless she is ever the clear-cut reason why a task was lost and an obvious choice to be fired (and even then, it is The Apprentice, after all...), I can't see anyone there out-arguing her in the boardroom.

Meatloaf and Niki Taylor could be the silent sleepers to win this season...very impressed with both.

Quote Originally Posted by redsox girl View Post
    What I find interesting is that it's not really Starr's intellect that allows her to be in charge, it's her ability to intimidate and bully through a non-stop diarrhea of words said in an overbearing, in your face way. Most people aren't going to stand up to someone like that-it's the way of the world. Especially in a work situation. You are either the bully, the bully's target, the cowering masses or the bully's toadies. No one wants to be on the receiving end of her bullying, no one is going to defend the person or people she is bullying because they don't want a target on their back, even though the right thing to do is to come to the aid of the person being pushed around. The bully depends on the cowardice of others. It's like watching an adult version of the schoolyard playground where there's the one big bully with a couple of toadies who zeroes in on different targets while the rest of the kids hide, even though they know the moral thing to do is to jump in and defend the target of the bully's wrath.
    Very well said - and I agree completely. While I was watching the show (tonite, taped), I couldn't stop thinking of bullying. This was an incredible display of adults bullying another adult, and I almost couldn't watch the final boardroom because I knew it was going to be awful. The Trumps were complicit too, in my opinion - it hurt me to watch it all happen. I'm not sure I will continue to watch this season if these women are going to continue this way. Donald, and some viewers perhaps, might like to see "the fight" but I sure don't, it makes me feel like a victim and too helpless to do anything. It was so uncomfortable for me, and I completely emphathize with Lisa - though I thought she was tough and held her own pretty well, considering.

Dionne Warwick- Mean rude and grumpy! Not a team player and really disrespectful. I don't like her so much. But I did like her role in the little play.
    Jose Canseco-I'm glad he stood up for David Cassidy but he seems to have a short fuse.
    Lisa Rinna-She should have taken more control of her team and shown more strength as a leader. BUT I was soooo happy she stood up to Star and Dionne Warwick about credit for the book.
    Marlee Matlin-I love the way she stands up for herself. And I still love her from the L-Word. :-)
    Gary Busey-Wild energy. I know people like him. They tend to excel when their energy is channelled in the right direction.
    Star Jones- I don't feel too strongly about her just yet but I wasn't really feeling that whole Dionne Warkick/Star Jones claim to the book. Honestly, I don't think she was out of line in the boardroom. She defended herself and made some pretty accurate points. I'm not yet ready to dislike her.
    Nene Leakes-Her comments about Lisa were soooo fake. She admitted earlier that "they" set Lisa up to fail.

The guys rocked the project. Just wondering why players on this show tend to not carry their cell phones or let the batteries die when they know that they are in the middle of a challenge.

I really don't like how he now asks the teams all those pointed questions to get them all fired up BEFORE he says who won. Such as "who was the weakest member of your team" or "how was XXX as a project manager?". He never used to ask these until he had announced who won the task and the winning team never really ever had to answer any questions. He (or the producers) have figured out how to bring the drama even more and I'm not a fan.

FORT Fogey

I am starting to wonder if he asks those questions before announcing so that he can change the winner if he sees an in to fire someone he wants more than someone he does not.

Lisa was treated more poorly than I have seen any adult in a long time on television. What is this high school? I am so sick and tired of Donald saying you do not have it in you. What to be a success you need to be a jerk? Maybe that is the way he succeeded, but that is not the recipe to follow in my book. I did not like Lisa Rinna prior to this show, and on all the other shows that I have seen her on Soaptalk and DWTS she always came off clueless and daft. I think she carried herself respectfully, and I always applaud people that can admit their faults. Starr and Dionne sickened me. Scare tactics are not the way to succeed, and I think that the way they are acting on here is going to do nothing to help their careers out.

FORT Fogey

I really don't like how he now asks the teams all those pointed questions to get them all fired up BEFORE he says who won. Such as "who was the weakest member of your team" or "how was XXX as a project manager?". He never used to ask these until he had announced who won the task and the winning team never really ever had to answer any questions. He (or the producers) have figured out how to bring the drama even more and I'm not a fan.
    I LOVE that he does that!

As far as Trump's decision to fire someone, it is his show and he will fire who he pleases. He has some criteria that is consistant, though. Don't stand up and fight to stay? You are gone.

He has a bias based on personal connections. He is always aware of his personal branding and reputation, as well. I don't care, I really enjoy this show!

I cannot wait to see him fire Dionne. I expect to see Star last a very long time. Not pleased with that but she will.

He sees that there is an alliance between Star, Nene, Dionne and LaToya. I bet we see him aim to break that up at some point. Though loyality is high on his list of valuable traits he will fire LaToya seeing that protecting her is a poor business decision.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I do see the connections between Star, NeNe, and Dionne, but I don't see LaToya being part of that group. What has she done to show her connection? Maybe I missed it.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Asking those questions this time really gave Lisa all the ammunition she needed to get Star or Dionne fired because they did take ownership/credit for the very reasons the team lost. I really do not think the loss was Lisa's fault. She took "control" by trying to give Star and Dionne enough rope to hang themselves but isn't quick thinking enough to have stated it to Trump. Really all she had to say was that she knew from the beginning they were setting HER up to lose, but that she had her finger on the purse of the task the whole time ... and at the presentation for the kids, quicky turned some lemons into not so sweet lemonade ... but at least satisfied the kids with some entertainment. I doubt Trump would fire Dionne ... but she sure is cranky, self-important and just stubborn. I guess she feels that being 70 entitles you to just be rude.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Lisa is just glad to be out of there. She had zero survival skills for this game, and is probably very relieved to be free. Not everyone is cut out for confrontation, as we have seen with Lisa and that Cassidy joke. I can't help but wonder why either of them consented to put themselves through so much misery.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread