+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: March 13, 2011 Show Thread **spoilers**

Re: March 13, 2011 Show Thread **spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by jucamer View Post
    I said the public has little respect for Star. She looks like a fool after her embarassing time on The View, the wedding she made everyone else pay for, her lying bypass surgery, and just being the egotistical woman she is. Her stint on CA is only going to show more of the real Star. Good thing she has a "career" to fall back on. Maybe she can get a job with Jacoby and Meyers!

That's right didn't she have sponsors for her `wedding' so that she didn't have to buy anything? How gauche. Tacky. `Look at me look at me I'm better than everyone else.'
    " I have a simple outlook-leave every person I meet with a smile on their face."-Donny

Quote Originally Posted by jucamer View Post
    OMG really??? I am amazed that you are putting a double mastectomy in the same category as a gastric bypass? It is not our right to know - but she lied for years. She should have said nothing. You are a big Star fan and that's fine - she needs all the fans she can get. She has little respect from most of the public and should be glad we aren't voting for who should go. She would have been #1.

There's a poll I just looked at in which 88 percent of the public agree Lisa was treated like dirt while only 12 percent think she was treated fairly.
    " I have a simple outlook-leave every person I meet with a smile on their face."-Donny

Ryan ~ Reid ~ Roberto ryanfan4vr's Avatar

All I know is that while I've never been a huge fan of Star's, her behavior on the Apprentice makes me applaud that she was able to make herself palatable at all while she was on The View. While she is most definitely not a nice person, I can see that she is very good at her job.

As far as Dionne Warwick, she's something too! I'm hoping someone puts her in her place. I'd actually love to see a confrontation between Star and Dionne!!

I thought it was absolutely ridiculous when Star wanted her name singled out on the book, and then Dionne came and said that she wanted a "Conceived By" tagline...too funny. Truly funny how some people can become so full of themselves!

I was a little disappointed that all the other women remained so silent (except Marlee). They didn't necessarily have to say that Lisa Rinna did a good job, but at least say that she was bullied by Star and Dionne.

I also would have brought up how Star chose the font...no one seemed to pin that one on her. She only brought it up when she was complaining how she "had to pick the font, too!"

Quote Originally Posted by ryanfan4vr View Post
    All I know is that while I've never been a huge fan of Star's, her behavior on the Apprentice makes me applaud that she was able to make herself palatable at all while she was on The View. While she is most definitely not a nice person, I can see that she is very good at her job.

As far as Dionne Warwick, she's something too! I'm hoping someone puts her in her place. I'd actually love to see a confrontation between Star and Dionne!!

I thought it was absolutely ridiculous when Star wanted her name singled out on the book, and then Dionne came and said that she wanted a "Conceived By" tagline...too funny. Truly funny how some people can become so full of themselves!

I was a little disappointed that all the other women remained so silent (except Marlee). They didn't necessarily have to say that Lisa Rinna did a good job, but at least say that she was bullied by Star and Dionne.

I also would have brought up how Star chose the font...no one seemed to pin that one on her. She only brought it up when she was complaining how she "had to pick the font, too!"
    I didn't expect anyone to come to Lisa's defense, not because she didn't deserve being defended but because 99 percent of the population falls into the category of `taking the path of least resistance.' Most human beings would rather not do anything (even though they know they should do something) because they don't want to bare the weight of responsibility, have to call attention to themselves, become associated with the person or people being targeted (thus saving themselves from potentially being victimized themselves). In this little social experiment called reality TV it's easy to see how and why terrible things have happened and continue to happen in this world, whether on a small scale or an international scale. When you come right down to it, most human beings are moral cowards. There is a saying- Evil triumphs when good people stand by and do nothing.

Celebrity Apprentice was certainly controversial and so are tonight's postings. Some things were made painfully obvious on this episode. I really had no opinion of Dionne Warwick or Star Jones prior to this show but I sure do now.

Star Jones career pick as a lawyer was the perfect choice for her. She was able to argue either side whenever it was necessary. Even though she needed the world to know that she "wrote" the book, (revealing a pathetic insecurity) it wasn't her fault that it didn't win but rather Lisa's because she wasn't a good manager. It also wasn't her fault that they lost because Lisa couldn't manage so Starr had to take control so often. Star could turn it anyway she needed to turn it. Reminds me of Trump and his reasons for firing anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
    ...and, Star Jones isn't as "all that" and in control as she'd like the world to see. Case in point: control of one's own body and impulses.
    This is a very astute comment. Star may be an extremely competent attorney/litigator but the fact that she allowed herself to become so overweight and unhealthy, shows she has her demons and weaknesses also. It may not reveal anything about her self-confidence but being self-confident doesn't mean she's right about her views.

As to her lying about having weight loss surgery, it would be nice if it was private but she's not a private person. When you knowingly put yourself into the public's eye, everything you do becomes public fodder. You get the good with the bad. You're famous but you have no privacy. She is smart enough to know that and decided to lie anyway. Not only did she lie about the surgery, she embellished everything with stories of other reasons why she lost weight. Poor decision on her part. It was going to come out in time.

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post
    . Both are important surgeries. They may be done for different reasons, but the underlying reason is the same, and that is bettering ones health and saving lives. Not all people have gastric bypass surgery solely for cosmetic purposes. Plenty of people have gastric bypass surgery because it's their last resort and because being morbidly obese puts their lives in danger.
    Yep, both are important surgeries. Undergoing gastric bypass can also put your life in danger. Usually a person with breast cancer doesn't have any other option except surgery, regardless of the dangers involved. Many obese people have lost the weight by diet and exercise.
    I have no problem with her decision to have the surgery but it can't be denied that she put her life and health in danger by gaining the weight and also again by her method of losing the weight. So I'm with holding my applause for her achievements in that department.

Star has a lot going for her but she proved on CA that she possesses a huge ego, is extremely manipulative as she manuevered Lisa into a corner and she just didn't have the tools to deal with it. Star played the better game.
    Lisa was given a million chances to fight and save herself but she just couldn't step up and do it. Trump often gives these people an opening to step up and fight but Lisa blew it. She'd do better running for Miss Congeniality, not the Apprentice.

Dionne Warwick behaved horribly. I'm surprised anyone could breathe in the boardroom with the size of Star's and Dionne's egos, taking up all the space. They even overshadowed Trump's ego which I thought was impossible.

If nothing else, we do get an extremely good look at these people and what they are really all about.

They said that one of the reasons the women lost was because the theme of the book was "be yourself" and not age appropriate for 4-5 year olds. Wasn't the theme of the men's group the exact same thing??

Quote Originally Posted by redsox girl View Post
    What I find interesting is that it's not really Starr's intellect that allows her to be in charge, it's her ability to intimidate and bully through a non-stop diarrhea of words said in an overbearing, in your face way. Most people aren't going to stand up to someone like that-it's the way of the world. Especially in a work situation. You are either the bully, the bully's target, the cowering masses or the bully's toadies.
    Agreed. The woman is a distaff Richard Hatch. Neither one of them seem to understand that one can stand up for one's self and achieve desired goals without being a total d-bag about the whole thing and riding roughshod over one's "inferiors".
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Is it a requirement that if you are a Trump son that you have to wear your hair slicked back? I thought it was bad when Don Jr wore it that way, but now Eric too? Seriously guys, you are not old men- go to a stylist and actually have a haircut more becoming of your age.

Also can someone fill me in on who Nene Leakes is- I've never heard of her.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Maybaybie View Post
    Is it a requirement that if you are a Trump son that you have to wear your hair slicked back? I thought it was bad when Don Jr wore it that way, but now Eric too? Seriously guys, you are not old men- go to a stylist and actually have a haircut more becoming of your age.

Also can someone fill me in on who Nene Leakes is- I've never heard of her.
    I wasn't impressed by the Trump boys for a long time. They seem to have matured nicely, though. Love him or hate him, Trump did a good job raising his kids. Although the boys would look much better sans gel.

NeNe Leaks is a cast member on Bravo's Real Housewives of Atlanta. She is probaably one of the most famous - or infamous - of the wives from the entire franchsie.
    Last edited by Jexter; 03-15-2011 at 09:05 AM.

Ryan ~ Reid ~ Roberto ryanfan4vr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by redsox girl View Post
    I didn't expect anyone to come to Lisa's defense, not because she didn't deserve being defended but because 99 percent of the population falls into the category of `taking the path of least resistance.' Most human beings would rather not do anything (even though they know they should do something) because they don't want to bare the weight of responsibility, have to call attention to themselves, become associated with the person or people being targeted (thus saving themselves from potentially being victimized themselves). In this little social experiment called reality TV it's easy to see how and why terrible things have happened and continue to happen in this world, whether on a small scale or an international scale. When you come right down to it, most human beings are moral cowards. There is a saying- Evil triumphs when good people stand by and do nothing.
    Sadly, you are so right!

+ Reply to Thread