+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: March 13, 2011 Show Thread **spoilers**

Re: March 13, 2011 Show Thread **spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I knew a woman who had a double mastectomy, and then denied that it had happened for a while. The same with Star, in choosing not to reveal her personal medical information. I think that people tell what they want when they want, and it's their choice. They don't owe anyone any explanations until they decide the time is right. I am constantly amazed at how people think they are entitled to private information about others on their timetables. Trying to negate Star's brain power and superior abilities because she didn't satisfy the curiosity of others is ridiculous. We ALL pick and choose the "lies" we tell but, in reality, it's none of anyone's business.

OMG really??? I am amazed that you are putting a double mastectomy in the same category as a gastric bypass? It is not our right to know - but she lied for years. She should have said nothing. You are a big Star fan and that's fine - she needs all the fans she can get. She has little respect from most of the public and should be glad we aren't voting for who should go. She would have been #1.

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat View Post
    The story that I recall was that BW wanted to hire Rosie O'Donnell to replace Meredith Viera, and Rosie told her she would only take the job if they got rid of Star, whose contract was expiring anyway. BW then told Star they weren't renewing her contract and Star was pissed, so she figured out a way to get the last word in by trumping (appropriate word, huh?) the show's planned announcement of her departure with her own announcement on the show.

Star may or may not perform the best in the challenges, but she knows how to intimidate people and play office politics in the boardroom better than any of the other women, and that seems to be what advances you in the game.
    If this is correct then both terms are technically correct, though that she quit was the official one. She was gone from The View" anyway.

Thought it probably was for the best anyway - she got the last laugh. Rosie was a horrible replacement, and led to even more issues with the show.

What I find interesting is that it's not really Starr's intellect that allows her to be in charge, it's her ability to intimidate and bully through a non-stop diarrhea of words said in an overbearing, in your face way. Most people aren't going to stand up to someone like that-it's the way of the world. Especially in a work situation. You are either the bully, the bully's target, the cowering masses or the bully's toadies. No one wants to be on the receiving end of her bullying, no one is going to defend the person or people she is bullying because they don't want a target on their back, even though the right thing to do is to come to the aid of the person being pushed around. The bully depends on the cowardice of others. It's like watching an adult version of the schoolyard playground where there's the one big bully with a couple of toadies who zeroes in on different targets while the rest of the kids hide, even though they know the moral thing to do is to jump in and defend the target of the bully's wrath.
    Sometimes it is better to be kind than it is to be right

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jucamer View Post
    OMG really??? I am amazed that you are putting a double mastectomy in the same category as a gastric bypass? It is not our right to know - but she lied for years. She should have said nothing. You are a big Star fan and that's fine - she needs all the fans she can get. She has little respect from most of the public and should be glad we aren't voting for who should go. She would have been #1.
    And I am amazed that you're so appalled at a comparison (even though it wasn't a comparison, per se) being made between a double mastectomy and gastric bypass surgery. Both are important surgeries. They may be done for different reasons, but the underlying reason is the same, and that is bettering ones health and saving lives. Not all people have gastric bypass surgery solely for cosmetic purposes. Plenty of people have gastric bypass surgery because it's their last resort and because being morbidly obese puts their lives in danger. We don't know if this was Star's reasoning but at the end of the day, she did what she did for herself. Not you, and not me.

And how would you know Star has little respect for most of the public? Have you surveyed them all, the world over, to know this? Has Star personally informed you that she has little respect for the public? Also, I doubt Star is losing sleep over her fans or the lack thereof. She's an educated woman and one who (GASP!), doesn't need a career in Hollywood to be successful. In other words, she has real career to fall back on, so I'm sure she'll do ok one way or another.
    Last edited by bee stung lips; 03-14-2011 at 08:01 PM.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post
    And I am amazed that you're so appalled at a comparison (event though it wasn't a comparison, per se) being made between a double mastectomy and gastric bypass surgery. Both are important surgeries. They may be done for different reasons, but the underlying reason is the same, and that is bettering ones health and saving lives. Not all people have gastric bypass surgery solely for cosmetic purposes. Plenty of people have gastric bypass surgery because it's their last resort and because being morbidly obese puts their lives in danger. We don't know if this was Star's reasoning but at the end of the day, she did what she did for herself. Not you, and not me.

And how would you know Star has little respect for most of the public? Have you surveyed them all, the world over, to know this? Has Star personally informed you that she has little respect for the public? Also, I doubt Star is losing sleep over her fans or the lack thereof. She's an educated woman and one who (GASP!), doesn't need a career in Hollywood to be successful. In other words, she has real career to fall back on, so I'm sure she'll do ok one way or another.

I said the public has little respect for Star. She looks like a fool after her embarassing time on The View, the wedding she made everyone else pay for, her lying bypass surgery, and just being the egotistical woman she is. Her stint on CA is only going to show more of the real Star. Good thing she has a "career" to fall back on. Maybe she can get a job with Jacoby and Meyers!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Please do not presume to know that I am a big Star fan. You, actually, have no such knowledge. Thank you.

And I did not put the surgeries in the same categories. I put whether or not the people decided make a revelation in the same category. You know what they say about when you 'assume' something, and there seems to be a lot of assuming going on.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

I said the public has little respect for Star. She looks like a fool after her embarassing time on The View, the wedding she made everyone else pay for, her lying bypass surgery, and just being the egotistical woman she is. Her stint on CA is only going to show more of the real Star. Good thing she has a "career" to fall back on. Maybe she can get a job with Jacoby and Meyers!

Embarrassing time on the View? lol. You mean more embarrassing than Elizabeth Hasselbeck's constant, daily embarrassing of herself with her misguided ideas about the world?
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post
    Embarrassing time on the View? lol. You mean more embarrassing than Elizabeth Hasselbeck's constant, daily embarrassing of herself with her misguided ideas about the world?
    I'll break the tie ... they are BOTH pretentious imbeciles. However, everyone on that show is! Can't stand it!

Meanwhile, back at TCA...loving NeNe. I know she has ego problems of her own, but.....I'd love to see her bring down the House of Hollywood.

FORT Fan

I felt bad for Lisa, she seems very decent.

Dionne really has some problems....JMO she has been surrounded for years by "yes" people, people who dote and fawn over her and say Yes (on her payroll or getting favors no doubt)

I thought she really disrespected Martlee..."thats sad"

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter View Post
    I'll break the tie ... they are BOTH pretentious imbeciles. However, everyone on that show is! Can't stand it!

Meanwhile, back at TCA...loving NeNe. I know she has ego problems of her own, but.....I'd love to see her bring down the House of Hollywood.

+ Reply to Thread