+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: March 13, 2011 Show Thread **spoilers**

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Re: March 13, 2011 Show Thread **spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    As I recall it, she wasn't fired....she quit. She did it on her own terms, not anyone elses. And they were not happy that she took her own fate in her own hands.

Loved it!!
    I assume we are talking about Star getting "fired" from the View? If so, exactly. Barbara got all hot around the collar because Star decided to leave before Barbara could fire her and Star chose to state as much on her last day on The View. That she had decided to move onto other things. And yes, to that I say, good for her.

As for Star "lying" about her weight loss and therefore "lying" on The Apprentice, I fail to see how her calling Lisa out for her inadequate project management skills makes her a liar.

And it is annoying to me that others i.e., Nicki et al sit passively on the sidelines acting like nothing more than decorative accessories on a show in which you are required to dig deep and pull out all the stops in order to win money for your charities. The playboy centerfold or whatever she is/was, I have yet to see her even bat an eyelash, let alone lend her voice to any conversation. Yes, that's right, sit idly by and miss out on the chance to win money to support your cause, which is sole reason you're on the show to begin with.
    Last edited by bee stung lips; 03-14-2011 at 06:03 PM.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

While I happen to feel that all reality shows are scripted - some more than others - I do find that what we see on these shows does bear a relationship to real life.
    We didn't really see anyone defending Lisa. They may have not agreed with Starr and Dionne, but they certainly didn't chime in to defend Lisa, either.
    And that, sad to say, is pretty much like real life.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

According to this item on CBS, 'things got so bad between Lisa and Star that NBC legal had to get involved'.
    Was Lisa Rinna thrown under the bus on "Celebrity Apprentice"? (POLL) - Celebrity Circuit - CBS News

Quote Originally Posted by elleprn View Post
    Nene doesn't stand a chance of winning. She is so out of her league it's almost sad. In her case and a few others, I think Trump was just looking for the biggest freaks on recent television to bring some drama to this circus.
    The ONLY reason NeNe has "celebrity status" is from her stint on Broke Housewives of Atlanta. She is nothing be a want to be, with a big mouth and has NO class.

She and her husband, Gregg, have had quite a few legal issues including evictions and other arrests (Gwinnett County Courts - Home Page).

I can't wait for Star, NeNe and Dionne to get a dose of reality and hear "You're Fired."
    Kocktail Kat

As I recall it, she wasn't fired....she quit. She did it on her own terms, not anyone elses. And they were not happy that she took her own fate in her own hands.

Loved it!!
    The story that I recall was that BW wanted to hire Rosie O'Donnell to replace Meredith Viera, and Rosie told her she would only take the job if they got rid of Star, whose contract was expiring anyway. BW then told Star they weren't renewing her contract and Star was pissed, so she figured out a way to get the last word in by trumping (appropriate word, huh?) the show's planned announcement of her departure with her own announcement on the show.

Star may or may not perform the best in the challenges, but she knows how to intimidate people and play office politics in the boardroom better than any of the other women, and that seems to be what advances you in the game.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Nobody's going to jump to somebody's defense with a shark (and I mean that in the best way) like Star prowling the waters, and this shark will attack! Nobody wants to be on the receiving end of that; maybe the timidity will wear thin?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Nobody's going to jump to somebody's defense with a shark (and I mean that in the best way) like Star prowling the waters, and this shark will attack! Nobody wants to be on the receiving end of that; maybe the timidity will wear thin?
    Well as you'll notice, Lisa's timidity wore thin. She was throwing f-bombs at Star right and left in the boardroom last night. Unfortunately for her it was too little too late as the handwriting was already on the wall. Where was that backbone when she really needed it? That should be a lesson to the remaining other contestants. Get your bloody mouths open and speak up for yourselves! This notion that if I'm quiet and don't butt heads with anyone I'll be everybody's friend and no one will hate me and Donald won't have any reason to fire. Ha! Yeah right...let me know how that works out for ya.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post
    Well as you'll notice, Lisa's timidity wore thin. She was throwing f-bombs at Star right and left in the boardroom last night. Unfortunately for her it was too little too late as the handwriting was already on the wall. Where was that backbone when she really needed it? That should be a lesson to the remaining other contestants. Get your bloody mouths open and speak up for yourselves! This notion that if I'm quiet and don't butt heads with anyone I'll be everybody's friend and no one will hate me and Donald won't have any reason to fire. Ha! Yeah right...let me know how that works out for ya.
    Trump is disconnected from reality. He already knows whose going home before the board room. Why do you think that assistant says "Trump is ready for you" while they wait outside? More like "Trump has made his decision behind the scenes, but you're being brought back in so he can make/invent a case against one of you." Look at how he fired Masha... on the episode where she wasn't being a total pain, for something she did in another episode. If you don't get the Trump/TV seal of approval, you're out.

As for Star "lying" about her weight loss and therefore "lying" on The Apprentice, I fail to see how her calling Lisa out for her inadequate project management skills makes her a liar.
    Not sure if this is referring to my post earlier, but I didn't say she lied on the Apprentice. So far, I don't think she's been dishonest. I just said she's a liar in general and for that, I wouldn't trust her. If I were on her team, I simply wouldn't trust her word.

You are so right..they should learn NOT to take Star into the boardroom she is a litagator by trade...she is PAID to argue points and WIN!...dah!

And Dionne has "diva" star power where trump is concerned..here's to hoping Dionne and Star are short-lived on this show. I am rooting for the guys all the way on this one!

+ Reply to Thread