+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: Celeb Apprentice 4 (aka Season 11)

FORT Fogey

Re: Celeb Apprentice 4 (aka Season 11)

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx View Post
    I became a Meatloaf fan last night. Anger management issues aside, it was so great to finally see somebody say to Star -- who do you think you are to talk to me that way! That moment alone made the whole season for me. Thank you, Meatloaf.
    I agree. And what is up with Starr that she talks to people like that!

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

I've stated before that this is my first season watching The Apprentice. But I have years of experience watching The Bachelor! When I see previews for The Bachelor, I usually take them with a grain of salt. Usually if they show something bad (or good) happening with somebody, you can almost depend on the opposite being true.

I noted when watching the previews for CA next week, it sure looks like MeatLoaf and Lil John have interviews that don't go so well. And in the boardroom, they show the final four seated in this order, L to R: John Rich, Lil Jon, Marlee and Meatloaf. When they show Trump saying "You're Fired" twice, the first time he looked like he pointed pretty much across from himself, which could be Lil John. The second time he appears to be pointing way to the right, which would be MeatLoaf. (The Trump footage could be from a previous season, too). Those two seem like the most likely to be cut, but is there any history with the Apprentice and the previews? Do they try to mislead? If not, it really seems very obvious that the F2 are JR and Marlee.

I am STILL happy about Star getting fired.

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie View Post
    ...And what is up with Starr that she talks to people like that!
    Ummm -- because she feels entitled to do so?

BTW -- if she were really a successful lawyer, wouldn't she be so busy "lawyering" that she wouldn't have time to be a D-List pseudo-celebrity on [a] reality show[s]? And, were she such a great judge of character, which is a necessary quality for an educated, successful lawyer, wouldn't she have known that her celeb ex-husband was a closeted homosexual?

Really, if she were as great a lawyer as she would have everyone believe she is, none of us would have even heard of her.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

FORT Fogey

Don't know why, but I found this to be rather humorous.
    Star Jones' Ex-Hubby Demands $50,000 for Talking Smack About Their Marriage - E! Online

Marlee Matlin Is Paying $50,000 in Back Taxes

Marlee Matlin is proving she has a head for business as a contestant on Celebrity Apprentice this season. But like many Americans, the actress has been affected by the economy and the recession.

Matlin, 45, confirms to PEOPLE that she owes $50,000 in back taxes from 2009, and is working out a schedule to make good on her commitment to the IRS.

"I'm paying it back. I'm not shying away from it and I'm certainly not ashamed of it," Matlin says. "It doesn't mean I'm a bad person. It's reality. It's the reality that a lot of people in America are facing."

RELATED: Marlee Matlin Can (Sort of) Hear Screaming Justin Bieber Fans

Matlin, who shot to international fame after being awarded the Best Actress Oscar for the 1986 film Children of a Lesser God, says many people assume she lives an extravagant lifestyle. The truth is, she says, that being a working actor has its inconsistencies in income from year-to-year and as a result, budgeting can sometimes can run amok.

"Living modestly in a suburban neighborhood while trying to support four children through private school is not extravagant or living large," Matlin says. "My husband is a Los Angeles area police officer and between the two of us we have always made ends meet in the past and we will in this circumstance as well."

Matlin says the family's home is up for sale and they plan to move to a community with a good public school.

"At the end of the day, it's about the best interests of the children," she says. "Transitioning out of a private school environment will certainly relieve some of the financial pressures but hopefully this will not compromise the kids."

Matlin assures, "I'm not broke. Like everybody else, I owe money." In the end, she says she's lucky because, "My family is healthy and happy."
    Marlee Matlin Paying $50,000 in Back Taxes : People.com
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

ah - how much you wanna bet this secures her being the next CA - I know it's not a paying gig, but it could definitely bring her into the spotlight and into some paying gigs because of it.
    No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible. George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

The repeats on MSNBC tonight have been changed to 3 hours, instead of 2. What a drag!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    The repeats on MSNBC tonight have been changed to 3 hours, instead of 2. What a drag!
    Actually, the show last Sunday was 3 hours!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by anders332 View Post
    ah - how much you wanna bet this secures her being the next CA - I know it's not a paying gig, but it could definitely bring her into the spotlight and into some paying gigs because of it.
    I am not sure. She is limited in what parts are available to her as an actress.

I know that asking friends for money is not the thing to do but she raised a million dollars with Tump kicking in the last 20 grand, for her charity. And all from her connections. Too bad no one tossed her some, knowing her situation. I would have. I don't believe in giving to large charities anyway. Keep it close to home and give it directly to those in need.

I watched the preview again and it appears that Marlee and Lil John were fired. This is if they are still in the same chairs from the previous shot. And probably not.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I finally watched the 3-hour show. 3 hour shows should be a sin and a shame! I agree that NeNe probably quit because she didn't have anyone to call for contributions. I think she was saving face, big time. I think we all know that NeNe is the biggest person in NeNe's world! It is even getting hard for the truly connected celebs to hit people up for money now. I'm sure LaToya was shocked to only get $1000 from Kathy Hilton. Wonder if she had already knocked on her door earlier in the season? I'm guessing "Yes!"
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread