+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 253

Thread: Celeb Apprentice 4 (aka Season 11)

  1. #151
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    5,037

    Re: Celeb Apprentice 4 (aka Season 11)

    I don't understand the lack of patience for Dionne's lack of physcial stamina. She is 70 yrs old after all. Same with Gary Busey. A near-death accident along with brain damage and hearing issues seem enough to warrant a little patience from the others.

    Although neither could be considered serious competitors and were clearly cast for entertainment value. Frustrating for the others I suppose.

  2. #152
    Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Right Here, Right Now
    Posts
    25,081

    Re: Celeb Apprentice 4 (aka Season 11)

    I've seen 70 year olds at the gym who could put Dionne to shame, stamina-wise, and they will be the first to tell you that!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

    When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

  3. #153
    FORT Fanatic Oceansands's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    666

    Re: Celeb Apprentice 4 (aka Season 11)

    Quote Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
    It would have been fun to see Warwick and Busey as PMs during the same week. Too bad Trump didn't think of that ahead of time and save it for May sweeps. Or maybe he did. How long does this trainwreck show last?


    I would love to have seen that. The person that surprised me most was Dionne. I always thought she was a soft spoken courteous mild mannered woman. She is a bully, self centered know it all, and lazy too. Her team should have used her to sing, but not much else. Busey is the train wreck, he is irritating at best, regardless of his past head injury he uses that a lot to act crazy. Because he thinks it increases his popularity. Where does Trump get he is a genius????? I must be the only one that appreciates Star Jones. She is playing a game much better than most of them. A few more episodes I might change my mind though if she gets too mean.

  4. #154
    FORT Fogey Ellen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    6,030

    Re: Celeb Apprentice 4 (aka Season 11)

    Quote Originally Posted by Oceansands View Post


    I would love to have seen that. The person that surprised me most was Dionne. I always thought she was a soft spoken courteous mild mannered woman. She is a bully, self centered know it all, and lazy too. Her team should have used her to sing, but not much else....
    I'm surprised that they didn't use her to sing something as a fadeout into the voiceover at the end. Her songs are, in general, sappy and sentimental, and would have tied strongly into the sentimental theme of their Hallmark-moment commercial.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

  5. #155
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    13,531

    Re: Celeb Apprentice 4 (aka Season 11)

    Quote Originally Posted by Jexter View Post
    I don't understand the lack of patience for Dionne's lack of physcial stamina. She is 70 yrs old after all. Same with Gary Busey. A near-death accident along with brain damage and hearing issues seem enough to warrant a little patience from the others.

    Although neither could be considered serious competitors and were clearly cast for entertainment value. Frustrating for the others I suppose.
    Lack of stamina does not exclude respect and manners. Her attitude and ignorance is the problem. Had she earned respect her departure would have gone down differently. Respect is not automatically given because you were a singing sensation. And she did not say she was tired and had to lie down. She told Trump she was not needed in the editing bay. Ivanka added that none of them were needed beyond those working on the task at hand, yet they stayed.

    Sure Gary in damaged but I cannot imagine what it would be like working with him on a task. He is not totally impaired; he is still working. A director on a movie is not going to put up with his antics nor should his team. He has brakes, he is choosing not to use them.

  6. #156
    FORT Fogey Dragonlady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pasadena, CA
    Posts
    3,912

    Re: Celeb Apprentice 4 (aka Season 11)

    Quote Originally Posted by shoepie View Post
    Lack of stamina does not exclude respect and manners. Her attitude and ignorance is the problem. Had she earned respect her departure would have gone down differently. Respect is not automatically given because you were a singing sensation. And she did not say she was tired and had to lie down. She told Trump she was not needed in the editing bay. Ivanka added that none of them were needed beyond those working on the task at hand, yet they stayed.
    Yes, Dionne is 70 years old. Gary is 66 and Meatloaf is 63. All senior citizens but seniors are not what they used to be. But most importantly, as I noted on the other thread, the past winner, Joan Rivers, was 77!! and she was a non-stop dynamo!

  7. #157
    Wild thang Rattus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    In the trees
    Age
    54
    Posts
    6,911

    Re: Celeb Apprentice 4 (aka Season 11)

    Quote Originally Posted by shoepie View Post
    Sure Gary in damaged but I cannot imagine what it would be like working with him on a task. He is not totally impaired; he is still working. A director on a movie is not going to put up with his antics nor should his team. He has brakes, he is choosing not to use them.
    One of my best friends had a brain injury similar to Gary's, and take my word for it, his behaviour is not a choice. Gary had a reputation as a huge pain in the ass before the accident, but what is going on now is a completely different animal and isn't entirely controllable.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

  8. #158
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    13,531

    Re: Celeb Apprentice 4 (aka Season 11)

    Quote Originally Posted by Rattus View Post
    One of my best friends had a brain injury similar to Gary's, and take my word for it, his behaviour is not a choice. Gary had a reputation as a huge pain in the ass before the accident, but what is going on now is a completely different animal and isn't entirely controllable.
    It is difficult to sort out what is Gary and what is damage, for sure. Since he is still working in movies I have to believe he has enough on the ball to follow a script and show up to do the job they require. And I dont think he would be on this show if too impaired to contribute. But I hear what you are saying.

  9. #159
    FORT Fogey navybelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,419

    Re: Celeb Apprentice 4 (aka Season 11)

    Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    In fact, the "respect" shown to Dionne by Star might be partially game play too. It allows her to get rid of potentially stronger players first while seeming to do so due to her respect for the older, established female star. I'm all for giving older people their due, but Dionne has not behaved in a way that would deserve much respect, her age notwithstanding.
    Interesting point about Star! I hadn't thought of that, but of course Star is very smart and will do anything to get her way. You're on to something there.

    And I agree that Dionne did absolutely nothing to earn respect on this show. She behaved just horribly. Unfortunately I think the women's team is too far damaged and will probably lose again and again. Doesn't Trump sometimes intervene and mix up the teams when it gets so one-sided?

  10. #160
    Wild thang Rattus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    In the trees
    Age
    54
    Posts
    6,911

    Re: Celeb Apprentice 4 (aka Season 11)

    For some reason I just remembered that Dionne is Whitney Houston's cousin. Apparently crazy bitch is a genetic issue.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.