+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Celeb Apprentice 4 (aka Season 11)

Re: Celeb Apprentice 4 (aka Season 11)

Star is a piece of work. Sooner or later, her team will find her out and be tired of her crap. I wanted to smack her smug mouth many times last night

I'm not a regular viewer, but caught the last half of last night. Please tell me, what's so bad about Star? I've heard a lot of negative talk about her. I must have missed it.

FORT Fogey

Mark M and the country singer have been pretty impressive thus far. NeNe and Star are the only ones on the girls side who have much of anything to offer. I had high hopes for Lisa R. and was surprisingly disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I'm not a regular viewer, but caught the last half of last night. Please tell me, what's so bad about Star? I've heard a lot of negative talk about her. I must have missed it.
    Yep, you missed it ....but not last episode. She surprised everyone by being nice. If you wanted to see Star at her real self, you should have seen the first episode.

FORT Fogey

There is no such thing as reverse racism. Racism happens in every direction.

Alliances happen because of a common bond. Shared race may certainly be part of that bond but don't see racism as the motivation. I think we will see them all turn on Dionne very soon and I expect to see them respect Marlee.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie View Post

Alliances happen because of a common bond. Shared race may certainly be part of that bond but don't see racism as the motivation. I think we will see them all turn on Dionne very soon and I expect to see them respect Marlee.
    Wow, shoepie! Very interesting and profound statement....in all its simplicity! You Go, Girl!!!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Wow, shoepie! Very interesting and profound statement....in all its simplicity! You Go, Girl!!!!
    I'll even go a step further and say I don't really think it's racism just because some people feel a kinship with others that are similar to them in whatever way, as shoepie suggested.
    We don't negatively judge any of them when they want an All-Woman Win (or All Man win). Human beings do tend to gravitate to those that have similar interests or things in common. It's just a way of connecting.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie View Post

I'm not so sure that Star would want to bond too closely with Marlee. I saw an interview with Star and she made it quite clear that she was in this to win it for herself as opposed to being worried about team wins. Obviously, eventually all of them will be doing that, but she's thinking that way from the start. If she views Marlee as competition--and she should--she might want to work with her at first, to advance her game, but I don't see her wanting to show Marlee too much respect, because it could hurt her individual game in the long run. That doesn't mean I expect to see Star disrespect her, but I just don't see her wanting to give her heaps of praise either, for fear that it will backfire on her with Donald seeing Marlee as a more competent leader/player than Star is.

I would agree that when it comes right down to it, the respect Star and Nene have been showing Dionne will take second place--and a distant second place at that--to advancing their own games. Since Dionne makes it incredibly easy to point out her faults in the game, it won't be hard to get rid of her. Heck, make her project manager and a complete disaster will occur, because she won't respect anyone. Her treatment of Marlee the second week out proved that.

In fact, the "respect" shown to Dionne by Star might be partially game play too. It allows her to get rid of potentially stronger players first while seeming to do so due to her respect for the older, established female star. I'm all for giving older people their due, but Dionne has not behaved in a way that would deserve much respect, her age notwithstanding.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    Yep, you missed it ....but not last episode. She surprised everyone by being nice. If you wanted to see Star at her real self, you should have seen the first episode.
    Oh, see I thought Star was only being "nice" to show Trump what a "supportive team player" she was. This was prior to announcing the Women lost the task, and quite frankly, most of the negative attention at that time was on the Men's team, and Gary in particular.

After the announcement, if Nikki had not taken full responsibility and refused to list any shortcomings of her own team members, I believe Star would have let loose with guns blazing. Since Nikki did the "classy" thing, there was no need for Star to be anything but the grateful, benevolent team member.

She doesn't fool me for 1 minute.

It would have been fun to see Warwick and Busey as PMs during the same week. Too bad Trump didn't think of that ahead of time and save it for May sweeps. Or maybe he did. How long does this trainwreck show last?
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

+ Reply to Thread