+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Celeb Apprentice 4 (aka Season 11)

Re: Celeb Apprentice 4 (aka Season 11)

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    For which many of us are grateful. You folks do a great job, and are very much appreciated.
    I agree! Thanks, FORT!

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie View Post
    I don't remember him firing her for this. I vaguely remember him saying he would not have put her on the show, knowing this. Did she have to leave the filiming to show up in court? Doesn't matter. I think the difference is, driving drunk endangers lives and evading taxes does not.
    Yep, he sure did. I felt it was not in the professionalism that he tries to portray on this show.
    As to which is worse, driving drunk or evading taxes:
    1. When did Donald Trump become God to decide?
    2. our taxes help people live who don't have any money, in many ways so it could endanger lives.
    His reasoning for firing Khloe K made him look positively ridiculous.

As for racism on this season's show:

No one can tell for sure if it exists on this show.
    What we can know for sure is that whether it's one color picking on another color or vindictive cat-fighting women, neither is acceptable behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by elleprn View Post
    Had to laugh when NeNe said she would sleep with Trump, even knowing he was married.
    Yes, because Nene is the one who goes around telling everyone that Kim Z (RHofA) shouldn't sleep with married men.
    hmmmm.........
    Last edited by Dragonlady; 03-17-2011 at 02:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    Yep, he sure did. I felt it was not in the professionalism that he tries to portray on this show.
    As to which is worse, driving drunk or evading taxes:
    1. When did Donald Trump become God to decide?
    2. our taxes help people live who don't have any money, in many ways so it could endanger lives.
    His reasoning for firing Khloe K made him look positively ridiculous.
    I'm not saying whether I think drunk driving or not paying taxes is worse, but I thought Trump explained why he was so bothered by it. I don't remember the details but I remember the mention of something happening to his brother (getting killed?). With such a personal tragedy in his background it's not surprising to me that that is what's more important to Donald. I think in general we will feel more strongly against something that caused us personal pain. That's not saying I agreed with the decision, but it's very likely he didn't know about her doing that or I don't think he would have allowed her on the show to start with. Someone didn't do a good job of vetting that information. It possibly could have been someone in the tv production that had no idea about his brother. Obviously there was a lack of communication and Khloe suffered for it, but seeing Donald's reaction it would appear this was something that could have been anticipated.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    I agree with you.
    It's not possible for anyone to know if it's "race-driven" or just women being cruel.

I have to admit I was surprised at La Toya's agreement with Starr, since prior to than she really didn't have any opinion. Same goes for Nene. But I think the reason is because LaToya appears to be a scared little bunny
    in many aspects (shown on the show) and Nene, just wants to be in the "in group."

She was dishonest when saying they wanted Lisa to be PM so they could get rid of her.......in that short little discussion prior to choosing, none of that occurred. But that's typical Nene for you.

[B]I seriously doubt it's because of someone's color. Seems too many people impulsively jump to suspect racism where none exists from both sides.
    I think we're just seeing some women who are not very nice and don't really care about others' feelings because it's ALL ABOUT THEM.
    [/B

ITA here and the top Queen of Mean is Star Jones. She was that way on The View and anything else I have seen her in. I don't care what color she is. All I see is a mean, manipulative woman.
    I only have a kitchen because it came with the house.

Quote Originally Posted by justCoz View Post
    I'm not saying whether I think drunk driving or not paying taxes is worse, but I thought Trump explained why he was so bothered by it. I don't remember the details but I remember the mention of something happening to his brother (getting killed?). With such a personal tragedy in his background it's not surprising to me that that is what's more important to Donald. I think in general we will feel more strongly against something that caused us personal pain. That's not saying I agreed with the decision, but it's very likely he didn't know about her doing that or I don't think he would have allowed her on the show to start with. Someone didn't do a good job of vetting that information. It possibly could have been someone in the tv production that had no idea about his brother. Obviously there was a lack of communication and Khloe suffered for it, but seeing Donald's reaction it would appear this was something that could have been anticipated.
    I need to drop this subject but:
    we're supposed to be tolerant towards others and hope that they have learned from their mistake and the punishment that followed. It'd be like saying anyone who went to jail, can no longer beome a benefit to society.
    He judged her for a mistake she made years ago and apparently she wasn't a repeat offender. How long does he get to hold these things against people? is there ever redemption? Shouldn't we judge on who they are now and not what they once were?

Also his brother was an alcoholc and Donald said that contributed to his death. I'm unaware of him being a victim of drunk driving though.
    I suppose it's not really important. I just felt is was very unfair of him to fire her for that. It went against the show's premise and it was based on his bias.

^From what I remember, I believe one thing that Trump said at the time was that Khloe did not make him aware in advance of her situation. The way I interpreted it was that she didn't tell casting or whomever she needed to tell what had happened before filming began. If that's what happened, that is a big no-no and she deserved to be fired for it, IMO.

In terms of this season, I think it all comes down to egos, as it usually does. You have a group of contestants who are so used to being catered to and fawned over, that when they are suddenly one of many fish in a small pond, they can't take it. Some handle it better than others.

Star, Dionne, and Richard in particular just come off as Grade A narcissists. In terms of Star, there's a difference (IMO) between being confident and being arrogant. She's plain arrogant and very much has an air of "I'm better than everyone else." She may have a good education and a good professional background, but that does not make her a better person. She doesn't seem to get that, though. And from the previews of tomorrow's show that have been on the entertainment shows, it seems as if Dionne is still on her nasty kick. If she thinks she is being oh so tough and clever, the only person she is really making look like a fool on this season is herself.

Quote Originally Posted by VAgirl79 View Post

Star, Dionne, and Richard in particular just come off as Grade A narcissists. In terms of Star, there's a difference (IMO) between being confident and being arrogant. She's plain arrogant and very much has an air of "I'm better than everyone else." She may have a good education and a good professional background, but that does not make her a better person. She doesn't seem to get that, though.
    ITA. Just judging from the past negative opinions about Star, she's far from a joy to work with so her arrogant attitude doesn't surprise me.
    Dionne, on the other hand, surprised the heck out of me. Who knew that behind her very long sucessful career, lovely voice and maturity, lies the heart of a ego-maniac??? I was really shocked when she decided that Star was not going to get special recognition without her getting some herself. When she refused to be replaced as the cashier on the previous episode, I chalked it up to her feeling she was just slow at catching on but given the time, she'd improve and be able to meet the challenge so I didn't judge her negatively for that.
    Boy, was I wrong!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I wouldn't let her near any kind of digital anything!! A lot of people don't keep up with "new" technology....and I'm pretty sure she wasn't working with anything most people would classify as new and difficult....and I am talking calculators, computers (the most basic), etc. Whomever did the assigning blew that one, big time! They like to do that one-finger hunt-and-peck method, and their one finger is super-slow!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I wouldn't let her near any kind of digital anything!! A lot of people don't keep up with "new" technology....and I'm pretty sure she wasn't working with anything most people would classify as new and difficult....and I am talking calculators, computers (the most basic), etc. Whomever did the assigning blew that one, big time! They like to do that one-finger hunt-and-peck method, and their one finger is super-slow!
    I'm sure Dionne has "people" to do any newfangled stuff for her.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    yeah, basic for you and me and most of us but maybe Dionne always had "people" to use her calculator??
    Probably the only time she saw something like a cash register is when shewas on the other side, buying something and that probably didn't happen very often by herself. I think we forget that some of these people, just didn't live a regular life like we did. (but doesn't excuse her attitude)
    I'm sure she considers herself "above" that kind of task.
    Not me, I worked a cash register for many years and that was before it told you how much change to give back!! Back then, we had to do math!!
    And then give out correct number of stamps (Blue chip, S & H Green) with the change.

+ Reply to Thread