+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Celeb Apprentice 4 (aka Season 11)

Re: Celeb Apprentice 4 (aka Season 11)

Quote Originally Posted by scoot13 View Post
    I may be opening myself up for assault here but I honestly feel like she would not have went after Lisa if Lisa was black. Lisa would not have been on her radar because she would have been perceived as "A strong black woman".
    Sigh. How do you know Star would not have went after Lisa if she were black? Lisa and Star's "beef" began on the prior episode when Star felt Lisa was talking behind her back. Lisa and Star were having personality clashes throughout both challenges. Both ladies rubbed each other the wrong way. It was apparent. WHY DO THEIR ISSUES HAVE TO BE ABOUT RACE????? [mod edit] [mod edit] The show just started. For all you know Star Jones will go after everyone in the same fervor because that's just her personality. Even if Lisa had been black, as you proposed, they still would have probably had conflict. Their personalities did not mesh. [mod edit]
    Last edited by The Mod Team; 03-16-2011 at 11:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MsMamba View Post
    Sigh. How do you know Star would not have went after Lisa if she were black?
    Take what I say in context and please do not add extra. I did not say that I knew... I gave my opinion. I might think that not being able to tell the difference is pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by MsMamba View Post
    WHY DO THEIR ISSUES HAVE TO BE ABOUT RACE????? [mod edit]
    I am basing my statements off of Starr's reputation and many previous statements she has made about championing black women. My opinion is that Starr is (almost) always going to side with a black woman against any other foe. IMO that is not something that she would deny. I THINK she would proudly state that.

[mod edit]
    Last edited by The Mod Team; 03-16-2011 at 11:17 PM. Reason: removed response to deleted section

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie View Post
    I don't remember him firing her for this. I vaguely remember him saying he would not have put her on the show, knowing this. Did she have to leave the filiming to show up in court? Doesn't matter. I think the difference is, driving drunk endangers lives and evading taxes does not.

Yes she did get fired for the DUI - she didn't do anything wrong on the show. I believe she had just come from court and Trump asked her what for and that was it for her.

Had to laugh when NeNe said she would sleep with Trump, even knowing he was married. As if! She blasted Star saying that Star went to "all that school" and now they are in the same place. Star told NeNe, not in the same place, just the same show. Guess that stripper pole didn't teach NeNe anything!

To be perfectly honest I'm not surprised people have become so overly emotional over a question asking whether or not Nene, Star and Dionne are targeting white women. Not because the question is offensive but because the question touches upon a subject we tend to want to deny-that non-whites can be prejudice or harbor a sub-conscious dislike for whites. I'm not saying it's true in this case, because we don't know these people from a whole in the wall, so to dismiss the observation and attack the observation as wrong (to put it mildly) doesn't rely on facts, so much as emotion. The question makes us uncomfortable but that doesn't mean it isn't a valid question and it certainly doesn't mean the person or people wondering about it are racist or ignorant. So it's sad a simple question/observation could devolve in attacks on posters characters, without knowing a thing about the person being attacked.I'm certainly not saying there is some sort of alliance but to deny there could be is to deny the reality of everyday life. Sometimes groups of people, whatever their race, gravitate toward each other and subconsciously they see the people who aren't like them in some way as a common enemy. We have all done it on some level, in some way, whether it's race, gender or what have you. Again, who knows what's happening on the apprentice as we are only two shows in, so an observation based on limited information shouldn't be ripped apart. Let's wait and see how it all plays out.
    Last edited by redsox girl; 03-16-2011 at 07:07 PM.
    " I have a simple outlook-leave every person I meet with a smile on their face."-Donny

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by redsox girl View Post
    To be perfectly honest I'm not surprised people have become so overly emotional over a question asking whether or not Nene, Star and Dionne are targeting white women. Not because the question is offensive but because the question touches upon a subject we tend to want to deny-that non-whites can be prejudice or harbor a sub-conscious dislike for whites.
    Of course there are blacks out there who are racist. However, automatically assuming racist alliance exists because two or more women who just so happen to be black, target another woman who happens to be white doesn't make it racism. It is alarming to see how bringing up race and skin color is always the easy go-to assumption when people from two different races butt heads. And this goes for people from all different races who make such claims. For once, just for once, why can't we look past skin color?

Last year's Apprentice conveniently enough, no one came on here crying racism when a group of white women targeted one black woman, making her their scapegoat. Where were these observations then? I could have easily made the observation that the white women were ganging up on one black woman, but I didn't. I simply saw it as women, regardless of skin color, butting heads and singling out who they thought was the weakest of the team members. Strangely enough as soon as things are switched around,as it is with this season of The Apprentice, where it just so happens to be women of color, targeting a white woman, now suddenly color is an issue?

I'm not saying it's true in this case, because we don't know these people from a whole in the wall, so to dismiss the observation and attack the observation as wrong (to put it mildly) doesn't rely on facts, so much as emotion. The question makes us uncomfortable but that doesn't mean it isn't a valid question
    When did it become a question? I seem to recall it was an accusation of racism. No one came on here and asked if Star Jones was racist, rather, she was flat-out accused of being a racist.

and it certainly doesn't mean the person or people wondering about it are racist or ignorant. So it's sad a simple question/observation could devolve in attacks on posters characters, without knowing a thing about the person being attacked.
    I certainly have not attacked anyone. Challenging someone over statements they've made hardly qualifies as attacking them.

I'm certainly not saying there is some sort of alliance but to deny there could be is to deny the reality of everyday life. Sometimes groups of people, whatever their race, gravitate toward each other and subconsciously they see the people who aren't like them in some way as a common enemy.
    So that would be like saying last year on The Apprentice when Liza was bullied, scorned, belittled and treated poorly by the white female contestants, that was the white women gravitating towards each other because they were all white, thus, seeing Liza as their common enemy because she was black, correct?

We have all done it on some level, in some way, whether it's race, gender or what have you. Again, who knows what's happening on the apprentice as we are only two shows in, so an observation based on limited information shouldn't be ripped apart. Let's wait and see how it all plays out.
    As well, those making the observation should be more aware that if they make such strong statements not everyone is going to simply nod in agreement. Surely those making such statements realize that bringing up a sensitive subject such as race, and accusing people of being racist is going to be met with discussion and debate.

For that matter, as someone else mentioned, I am sure that in the coming weeks this season, we may see any combination of headbutting. Nene butting head with Star, Latoya butting heads with Marlee, Marlee butting heads with Nicki, Nicki butting heads with Gary Busey (although I can't imagine but anything is possible!) and on and on and on. Just let the show be the show for what it is. A lot of the appeal of this show is an eclectic mix of personalities who clash and butt heads with each other. Race need not be an issue.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Redsox Girl: You said it best. Thank you for that! It's got nothing to do with skin color on FORT. It's about skin thickness, either you've got it or you don't. You know that saying about heat in the kitchen ...... enough said.

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post
    Last year's Apprentice conveniently enough, no one came on here crying racism when a group of white women targeted one black woman, making her their scapegoat. Where were these observations then? I could have easily made the observation that the white women were ganging up on one black woman, but I didn't.
    I absolutely did not want to get involved in this conversation because I have no idea what the motivations are of the people involved, but with respect to the perceived differences in this season and last season, last season, if I recall correctly, the group was mainly white so there was no real split group, so to speak. With this season's 50/50ish split (can't quite recall how many people there are on a team), with most of the black women haranguing one particular team member and none of the white women doing the same, some people are going to see a racial divide. If last season had the same split and all the white women but none of the black women were haranguing and blaming Liza, I think the same perception would be made.

And as I said, I have no idea what anyone's motivations are, any more than I know what their motivations are for doing this benighted show in the first place.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

I know it's great to get the last word in but it's not up to anyone posting in this thread but The Mod Team. So please pay attention:

We do understand that reality shows bring up these issues, and we want to be able to discuss them. However, our number one priority on the site is to keep fights off the site. So if any conversation devolves into personal attacks, we're done with that conversation.

If you want to make a point about racism, do it without any sort of personal attack on fellow FORT posters. That means everything from singling out one person and speculating about their personal lives to one-line posts that just make a snarky jab at another poster. The common denominator is not discussing racism, it's making remarks or attacks about other FORT posters.

If you cannot follow this simple rule we will give you a vacation from the site, so be warned that we take it seriously. We are a heavily moderated site and make no apology for that.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Mod Team View Post
    We are a heavily moderated site and make no apology for that.
    For which many of us are grateful. You folks do a great job, and are very much appreciated.

+ Reply to Thread