+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 253

Thread: Celeb Apprentice 4 (aka Season 11)

  1. #111
    FORT Fogey Ellen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    6,017

    Re: Celeb Apprentice 4 (aka Season 11)

    I would like to see Star (along with Dionne and wannabe NeNe) get her come-uppance *and* the boot. But I wonder if, for ratings' sake (and soulmate qualities with Trump), Jones and Hatch will be the F2. Personally, at this point, I'd like to see either Meat Loaf or Matlin win, but they seem too nice.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

  2. #112
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    5

    Re: Celeb Apprentice 4 (aka Season 11)

    Quote Originally Posted by Marlena_M View Post
    I didn't see it as racism, per se. I saw it as Dionne being a nasty, ego-centric, mean old woman, with Star right there along side her... NeNe not having the balls to publicly say much of anything (private confessionals don't count in my book, if ya got something to say then say it) but going along with the mean girls and LaToya just being all about herself as usual. Dionne and Star just FEED each other... each being nasty for the sport of it and using the other to validate themselves. It just so happened that all four of them are black... I did not see it as black vs. white or racism but I can appreciate that someone else might see it that way.

    I don't think the fact that the other women did not come to Lisa's defense was a backlash of anything... I think they were just spineless and/or looking to stay out of the fray. When confronted with a group of mean girls that has chosen it's target, most others will try to stay off their radar entirely. I see it as self-preservation in a way though in the end if you are around long enough the group of mean girls will target you. They tend to choose what they feel to be the easy prey.
    This is a test message to see if this is how you quote in this forum.

  3. #113
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    5

    Re: Celeb Apprentice 4 (aka Season 11)

    Quote Originally Posted by Marlena_M View Post
    I didn't see it as racism, per se. I saw it as Dionne being a nasty, ego-centric, mean old woman, with Star right there along side her... NeNe not having the balls to publicly say much of anything (private confessionals don't count in my book, if ya got something to say then say it) but going along with the mean girls and LaToya just being all about herself as usual. Dionne and Star just FEED each other... each being nasty for the sport of it and using the other to validate themselves. It just so happened that all four of them are black... I did not see it as black vs. white or racism but I can appreciate that someone else might see it that way.

    I don't think the fact that the other women did not come to Lisa's defense was a backlash of anything... I think they were just spineless and/or looking to stay out of the fray. When confronted with a group of mean girls that has chosen it's target, most others will try to stay off their radar entirely. I see it as self-preservation in a way though in the end if you are around long enough the group of mean girls will target you. They tend to choose what they feel to be the easy prey.
    Thank you for taking my post seriously - as I meant it. I think the Reality Chick's (I cannot remember her name) diary session where she declares that the target is Lisa speaks volumes.

    I would be delighted to be wrong - but I think there is a black alliance on the women's team led by the evil Star Jones. Time will tell.

  4. #114
    Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
    Age
    44
    Posts
    3,720

    Re: Celeb Apprentice 4 (aka Season 11)

    Quote Originally Posted by Ladyhawke112 View Post
    Thank you for taking my post seriously - as I meant it. I think the Reality Chick's (I cannot remember her name) diary session where she declares that the target is Lisa speaks volumes.

    I would be delighted to be wrong - but I think there is a black alliance on the women's team led by the evil Star Jones. Time will tell.

    So the fact that Nene singled one white woman out as her "target" out of a group of white women means she's declaring war on white women?

    [mod edit]

    So basically whenever there's group of people in one sitting, and two or three black people butt heads with, or speaks out against one of the white people, or persons, in the group, that automatically makes it reverse racism? See how silly that sounds? Hopefully so, because it's ridiculous.

    Why can't it just be a group of women, regardless of race or colour, in which there are certain women who don't click with other women? Have we not seen this time and time again on The Apprentice, Celebrity Apprentice or otherwise, where the women catfight and butt heads with each other just because that's what often happens when women don't click with each other? So because there are more black women on the show this season, who just so happen to appear to have stronger personalities than the others--which is not entirely true as Marlee has quite a strong personality as well--you decide to scrape as low as you can into the barrel, searching for morsels to support idea that what we're seeing is reverse racism?

    Unless Star, Dionne and Nene stand up and collectively declare "we sistahs are gonna kick all the white women's a$$e$", your argument will remain as weak as water.
    Last edited by The Mod Team; 03-16-2011 at 11:09 PM.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

  5. #115
    FORT Fogey Ellen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    6,017

    Re: Celeb Apprentice 4 (aka Season 11)

    Quote Originally Posted by Ladyhawke112 View Post
    ...I would be delighted to be wrong - but I think there is a black alliance on the women's team led by the evil Star Jones. Time will tell.
    I believe that there's an alliance, but it has nothing to do with race. I think it's just a "mean girls'" clique. All three, true, are strong and ambitious, but they're also very cruel and manipulative.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

  6. #116
    FORT Fogey Dragonlady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pasadena, CA
    Posts
    3,912

    Re: Celeb Apprentice 4 (aka Season 11)

    Quote Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
    I believe that there's an alliance, but it has nothing to do with race. I think it's just a "mean girls'" clique. All three, true, are strong and ambitious, but they're also very cruel and manipulative.
    I agree with you.
    It's not possible for anyone to know if it's "race-driven" or just women being cruel.

    I have to admit I was surprised at La Toya's agreement with Starr, since prior to than she really didn't have any opinion. Same goes for Nene. But I think the reason is because LaToya appears to be a scared little bunny
    in many aspects (shown on the show) and Nene, just wants to be in the "in group."

    She was dishonest when saying they wanted Lisa to be PM so they could get rid of her.......in that short little discussion prior to choosing, none of that occurred. But that's typical Nene for you.

    I seriously doubt it's because of someone's color. Seems too many people impulsively jump to suspect racism where none exists from both sides.
    I think we're just seeing some women who are not very nice and don't really care about others' feelings because it's ALL ABOUT THEM.

  7. #117
    FORT Fogey KeepItReal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,488

    Re: Celeb Apprentice 4 (aka Season 11)

    I did not have a problem at all with Latoya saying that Lisa should go. Lisa blew it. Doesn't matter that Star led the charge to have her be PM. Lisa was quite vocal when Star was PM, and I think that put her on Star's radar. She lost her voice when it came time to make decisions, and she certainly lost it in the board room. I like Lisa, what little we saw of her, but she didn't belong on this show, and just because someone said she did not do well does not mean they belong to some clique.

    Of course there was fighting during the project. There was no leadership. It was a free for all, and in a free for all the strongest voices are heard. You will always have a group of people who will want to fly under the radar. The game is always the same, it's just the people who are different.


    It does bug me that the first time we have a CA with more than 1 or 2 black women on it and they happen to be of the same opinion on a task (at least for the time being) that it has to be racial. I guess that means when Holly annoyed people last year it was because she was black and the others had a racial bond? No, can't buy into that. Won't slap that kind of thinking on anyone without proof. We see race in this world, sad but true fact, but sometimes we have to question ourselves about what it is we are truly seeing. Later in the game, Nene and Star clash. I heard a radio interview with Nene, and it seems she and Latoya clash at some point as well (though she stated that now they talk often). Personalities clash. Clashes between strong personalities are epic. What we see here is a lawyer, whose profession requires her to be able to sway opinions, using the tools of her trade in a game show. So yes, she may do it the hard way or the easy way, but she's going to fight to have her way. It's her nature.

    Now I don't care for Star, and I downright dislike Dionne, but Latoya I don't have an opinion one way or the other just yet. What I can say about Latoya is that I thought she would be a bit of a fruitcake and she doesn't seem at all like that. I expected Latoya who married her lawyer and did a ton of crazy crap back in the 90's. I won't hold the belief that she believes her brother was murdered against her. There are a lot of people, including some within the justice system, who believe that something is not right with the way he died. As his sister , who mourns him, I can't hold her thoughts against her. It truly is something very seperate from the show.

    All in all, as always, the strong personalities will eventually meet head on. I think Nene already has a problem with Dionne. In the first episode she mentioned people basically biting their tounges because of Dionne's age. In the last episode she mentioned something regarding her age as well (can't remember just this minute). In the preview for the next episode she mentions Dionne not doing much and once again mentioned her age. Who would have guessed that Nene Leakes respected her elders? Don't think that will last long, though.
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

    -Unknown Author-

  8. #118
    Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
    Age
    44
    Posts
    3,720

    Re: Celeb Apprentice 4 (aka Season 11)

    Quote Originally Posted by Ladyhawke112 View Post
    Thank you for taking my post seriously - as I meant it. I think the Reality Chick's (I cannot remember her name) diary session where she declares that the target is Lisa speaks volumes.

    I would be delighted to be wrong - but I think there is a black alliance on the women's team led by the evil Star Jones. Time will tell.
    So by your reverse racism theory, can we assume that last year's regular Apprentice season where one of only two black female contestants, (the gorgeous Kenyan girl named Liza), was bullied and scapegoated for the ENTIRE season by the white women who treated her like she was stupid, dumb and completely brainless, reducing her to tears in the boardroom more than a few times--even went out of their way to deliberately set her up so she could fail on every task. Was this reverse racism too? Huh? Because as a black woman, the idea of that being racism never entered my mind. I took at as a group of women singling out one person whom they deemed to be the weak link of the group. I didn't immediately zero in on their white skin color and dub it racism because it was a group of white women against one black women. I see you are awfully quick to judge the black women on this season's Apprentice for reverse racism but where were you last year? Were you crying racism then? Were you sticking up for poor little Liza as you are now sticking up for Lisa? Were you dubbing those bullying tactics to be a "white alliance" as you so quickly summed this season's goings-on as a "black alliance"?
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

  9. #119
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    13,531

    Re: Celeb Apprentice 4 (aka Season 11)

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    I still have trouble with the fact that Trump fired Khloe Kardasnian for a 3 year old DUI but it's ok that Hatch didn't pay his taxes on his winnings and even went to jail for it. And apparently, still hasn't since we had to go back to prison.
    Sheesh! Sounds like double standard to me.
    And it seems rather contrary to Trump's values. Like the rest of us, we sure hate payig our taxes but we still do it, as I'm sure so does The Donald.
    I don't remember him firing her for this. I vaguely remember him saying he would not have put her on the show, knowing this. Did she have to leave the filiming to show up in court? Doesn't matter. I think the difference is, driving drunk endangers lives and evading taxes does not.
    Last edited by shoepie; 03-16-2011 at 11:19 AM.

  10. #120
    Furball Coughedupalot scoot13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    754

    Re: Celeb Apprentice 4 (aka Season 11)

    Any racial conversation can get heated... it is dangerous ground. I'm an idiot for joining this conversation..

    But IMO Starr is definitely racist. She always makes statements based on race. And she uses it selfishly to promote herself. She will say, "I won't let a little white woman treat me like that" or "I wouldn't do that to another strong black woman".

    She is not an objective person. She will accuse others of being racist just to discredit them while she is the one who is playing the race card.

    I may be opening myself up for assault here but I honestly feel like she would not have went after Lisa if Lisa was black. Lisa would not have been on her radar because she would have been perceived as "A strong black woman".

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.