+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Celeb Apprentice 4 (aka Season 11)

Re: Celeb Apprentice 4 (aka Season 11)

Quote Originally Posted by Vonna View Post
    Who are these people that are watching CA because of the big drama Richard Hatch adds? Most people I know cant stand the drama Hatch brings to a show. There must be more old watchers of Partridge Family/ David Cassiday fans out there than Hatch fans
    I don't really think its actually about Hatch ... but as CA was taping the show I am guessing the producers watch how annoying the Hatch is and CA producers decide he should stay so that CA has great ratings. As overall, viewers love to tune into drama on these type of reality shows.
    They have played those cards since the beginning of TA and CA starting with Omarosa when she was a nobody keep the ones who wreck havoc it will be good for the ratings. Ugh.

JMHO.
    KAREN

There is an article on another Internet site that says that Richard Hatch has been returned to jail. There was an interesting thing they noted, which I will put in spoilers, but will say this is more speculation and in my own words:

Click to see Spoiler:
    NBC said that 11 of 12 episodes were filmed, the exception I believe to the be the finale. They said that Hatch's sentence would have no bearing on the finale.

This most likely means we will not see Hatch in the final two or if he did make it to that round, that whomever was second will win by default. I hope though that if the latter is true, they still did something worthy of the title.

Yep, it's all over the news channels on the headline tickers. Hatch has been ordered to return to jail this coming Monday and will serve a 9 month sentence. Why? He still hasn't paid his taxes on the Survivor money. He has already been on "supervised release" since he was released last time. [Side note: Why in the world did Trump take him on as a cast member while he was still in this mess? Doesn't make The Donald look very bright...]

E!'s article about it says his supervised release time will also be extended, and he now owes $2M + in back taxes and fees. The bolded sums it up perfectly:

Hatch, 49, has steadfastly maintained his innocence and vowed to appeal today's decision.

Once he's done with the nine months, he will be on supervised release again for another 26 months. Not only that, but prosecutors say Hatch now owes more than $2 million to the IRS, including penalties. To help pay those debts, the judge [U.S. District Court Judge William Smith] granted the feds' request to garnish 25 percent of the former Tagi Tribesman's gross income.

Hatch also earned an extra three months as a warning to would-be tax evaders, noting the Rhode Island native's lack of remorse.

"You don't have the option of engaging in this type of game or negotiation with the court," chastised Smith. "It needs to be a severe punishment. That's the only thing that will deter you in the future."

Read more: http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/b230...#ixzz1GLCMU0X9
    And again, I ask: Who's the dumb one in this scenario? The man is a flipping liar and a jerk. Also solidifies my opinion that he is a classic narcissism case. He's such a special flower, he doesn't have to pay silly things like taxes!

IF Trump was foolish enough to take him to the final 2, I certainly hope they do another task or something so someone doesn't just win by default. I would assume he probably only lasted halfway or a little beyond that anyway, though, just long enough for ratings.
    Last edited by VAgirl79; 03-11-2011 at 08:35 PM.

Maybe he's confused and thinks he's Canadian. If you win money, Canada doesn't snag half of it away. When I was on "Jeopardy!" the Canadian contestants got to keep all of their prize money and didn't have to pay taxes on any vacations they won. (The rest of us had to pay, on average, $1000 - $2000 out of pocket to the IRS for the trips we won, depending on the value of the trip.)
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
    Maybe he's confused and thinks he's Canadian. If you win money, Canada doesn't snag half of it away. When I was on "Jeopardy!" the Canadian contestants got to keep all of their prize money and didn't have to pay taxes on any vacations they won. (The rest of us had to pay, on average, $1000 - $2000 out of pocket to the IRS for the trips we won, depending on the value of the trip.)
    I think he's confused here and not actually Canadian... though if he were he'd be in trouble anyway because (at least at the time - I don't know if this has changed) you couldn't be a Canadian and compete on the show. (I think they had considered the idea at least at one time).

Or, watch him try to use this as a claim as to why he doesn't have to pay his taxes... good gravy on tofu he's already tried the "CBS said they'd pay the taxes on my winnings... no they said they'd pay for all of the appearances as well... no I'm suing because they're punishing me because I'm gay and that's discrimination" tactics and lost.

He's tried just about every trick in the book.

I personally think the only reasons Trump hired Hatch were either he thought (wrongly) that Hatch was making amends and wanted to reward him with the chance to win money for his charity or he wanted the ratings.

I still have trouble with the fact that Trump fired Khloe Kardasnian for a 3 year old DUI but it's ok that Hatch didn't pay his taxes on his winnings and even went to jail for it. And apparently, still hasn't since we had to go back to prison.
    Sheesh! Sounds like double standard to me.
    And it seems rather contrary to Trump's values. Like the rest of us, we sure hate payig our taxes but we still do it, as I'm sure so does The Donald.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Since he's planning to run for president, we'll be finding out pretty soon!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Since he's planning to run for president, we'll be finding out pretty soon!
    Maybe he's planning on Hatch being his running mate.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

FORT Fan

Hey I don't like Hatch but I had to agree that David C was the weakest. I think he sealed his own fate when he proclaimed he had not taken "any" breaks and then said about his "two breaks"....he also looked sort of pathetic the way he kept turning to Jose. I personally was also turned off by David's fawning and crowing about his daughters donation of $1000.....you would think that with his years in the business that he could have brought in more money than that or at least not try to make such a big deal out of it LOL

Hatch is very "unlikable" BUT in this case David deserved to GO

Apprentice is soooo much "up to Donald". I also hate the way Celeb Ap. is so reliant on their "contacts" being generous and how much they can beg....remember on the last "non celeb" Apprentice how the one guy was eliminated for asking friends to come out and buy their products??

Many decisions are just arbitrary and "up to Trump"...and no doubt ratings make a big part of the outcome

Regarding the gals....Starr made a bad choice. I never can understand the rules here....once she "closed down" the shop, WHY not have 2 teams of delivery people out there to deliver the pizzas to the $40k offices and to the Firefighters?? Or was that against some arbitrary rule or ??

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

David Cassidy was 140 pounds of wasted space. He seemed like he was on another planet. He was a good "off".
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread