+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: 12/9 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Re: 12/9 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by MHcarrollton;4125800;
    So because someone has a Southern accent they are unpolished. That is complete and utterly foolish. Brandy looks no more polished than half the women in the Country. She is not anywhere near pretty, she is average at best. Trump better stick to his superficial beauty pageants if this is what he wants. What a crock.
    I agree....and no I'm not Southern. The problem isn't the accent, it's the stereotype that people have given the accent. It has unfortunately become associated with 'country bumpkins' and uneducated people, which I think we all know is untrue. I am from Maine and we get the same thing up here..."oh, Maine...a hick from the sticks" and things like that. The Maine accent isn't one of the more desireable to have either and it's connotation is similar to a southern accent. Even though I don't have a Maine accent, plenty of my good (and very educated) friends do and it doesn't make them any less smart because of it, although I have seen instances where people have made them feel like they are stupid because of the way they speak.

I think Clint did a respectable job and his work should stand for itself. If he wasn't given the job because of his Southern drawl than Trump isn't as smart as he'd like everyone to think he is.

Quote Originally Posted by MHcarrollton;4125800;
    So because someone has a Southern accent they are unpolished. That is complete and utterly foolish. Brandy looks no more polished than half the women in the Country. She is not anywhere near pretty, she is average at best. Trump better stick to his superficial beauty pageants if this is what he wants. What a crock.
    No, just having a southern accent does not in itself make someone "unpolished." Clint never dressed with the same high standards as most of the other contestants.
    Even if "ya'll" is natural for him to say, it isn't always the best choice of words. Just like it's better to say "yes" than "yeah.' There is nothing wrong with his southern accent but sometimes regional phrases shouldn't be used.
    (here in California if I hear: "Far out, dude" I'm thinking, dumb stoned surfer guy.

When you're in a situation of where you're being judged on many aspects, it's best to choose your words carefully and be properly attired. It's all part of the game. And yes, it can be a ridiculous and pretentious game but those are the "rules."

It's a shame that sterotypes exist but they still do.
    (excuse me now, as I put away my soapbox)

I don't know what so many of the Brandy-haters were watching. 4 of the 6 people that came back chose Brandy. And Stueart's backing of Clint even seemed weak. Yes, Clint got Mahsa too but really...who cares what she thinks? She did a great job and did it without seeming like she tried.

The final tasks didn't really matter. Donald even took away the most important person on Brandy's team for the event so obviously they couldn't be judged on how they did.

I can only speak for myself.
    I didn't hate Brandy. I knew from Day 1 she was going to win. She sucked up to Trump throughout the show and she was pretty. Trump seems to favor that.
    I just thought she was one of the most blah, vapid and boring people to ever set forth on a reality show stage.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;4127737;
    I can only speak for myself.
    I didn't hate Brandy. I knew from Day 1 she was going to win. She sucked up to Trump throughout the show and she was pretty. Trump seems to favor that.
    I just thought she was one of the most blah, vapid and boring people to ever set forth on a reality show stage.
    Gotta agree here. I didn't hate Brandy either. She just didn't bring much to the experience to love.

Early in the season there were others that were so obviously bad that they needed to be fired first. Then later in the season she was teamed up with winners, namely Steuart and Clint. She sailed into the finals on the backs of others. It wasn't until the final task when she was pitted against Clint that her weaknesses really stood out. The errors she made in the final task were not resolved, and were glaringly obvious to Trump, but he apparently chose to ignore them. The errors Clint made in the final task were resolved by Clint so that they were transparent to Trump. The final task did not matter at all in the final decision. Brandy had the job from "go". All she had to do was show up. Trump manipulated the season into a win for her. I pity the mini-Trumps if they have to work with her. About the second or third "I dont know" or "it's your call" answer to Ivanka, and Brandy will be looking for another job. I hope she still has her cupcake recipe.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

One thing that struck me odd was that in the beginning at some point Brandy said that she liked older men which delighted the Trumpster but then when she was in the board room she gave that younger generation speech and as much as told him, you're great but old and this is the new generation that I want to be next to. I have to admit that she played Trump perfectly and yes, she did give the more NYC polished performance, but in many areas, people would be able to relate to Clint much easier. I'm sure not all of Trump's clients are in NYC and if he had gotten that Scotland project they would have LOVED him. BTW, I'm not sure that is still on the books since Scotland's economy is really suffering as well as Ireland's. The whole world is in a slump : ( Clint would be welcomed and loved by the Scottish people. They are very warm they also love John Daley for goodness knows what reason....but they do and so Clint would be a shoo in with them.

FORT Newbie

I don't understand why people keep associating Brandy's comment about liking older men and then in the final episode stating she would love the opportunity to work under the tutelage of any of his 3 adult children? I like Clint and I won't repeat what I've posted previously but he sold to Trump that he will be his "YES Man." I'm pretty sure 99% of Trump's staff are "yes men" and he doesn't need another one.

Brandy took a risky, but refreshing turn and said, your business has withstood time, you took it to that level and sustained it, it's now refreshed and more youthful; you have the potential in a new market. As a very successful businessman and proud father, isn't that the best compliment? I don't see it as kissing up, I see it as someone who did their research on where the organization is currently and where it needs to be for continued/improved success. She emphasized his legacy and a chance to successfully continue it with his heirs taking it to the next level. Sometimes fresh, new, young blood is necessary. Even Ivanka has taken over a lot of what her mother was famous for, which is making their properties design/decor world class.

If you saw the Celebrity Apprentice season with Carol Alt, you'll see Trump is consistent in terms of who he wants to represent his brand. He actually said Carol was exceptional, but in the end he wanted to see Piers and Trace battle it out. Her presentation to Crocs was very compelling and memorable and Brandy holds the same level of confidence and countenance when dealing with the same audience. Trump is greatly influenced by how his network of professional colleagues react to the apprentices and all had positive reactions to Brandy vs. Clint.

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;4127737;
    Actually, I think Rebecca Jarvis (Season 4 Runner-Up) still holds that distinction of being one of the most vapid and boring applicants ever. Brandy just comes as a close 2nd.

FORT Fogey

I think Brandy was birlliant in her vision of how she would fit in the Tump empire. Good for you, girl!

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Rabid Dingo;4128707;
    Actually, I think Rebecca Jarvis (Season 4 Runner-Up) still holds that distinction of being one of the most vapid and boring applicants ever. Brandy just comes as a close 2nd.
    Rebecca landed a nice job at CNBC as a broadcast analyst and then transferred over to CBS as a business broadcast jounalist so the show was beneficial to her. My son works at CNBC and said that she was a nice woman.

Good luck to her.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678