+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 12/9 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

FORT Fogey

Re: 12/9 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Trump didn't fire Clint because of his southern ways. He hired Brandy because of her sex appeal.

If Trump was looking for more polish in his apprentice than Clint offered, the argument upthread is valid that he would have kept Steuart over Clint when that choice was on the table. Frankly, it's kind of appalling to think that a candidate's polish would be a deciding factor in a job interview. A contributing factor, absolutely, but a deciding factor? Never. Our white collar prisons are full of very polished individuals. I'll take integrity any day.

Clint came to the first boardroom sans tie and when questioned about it by Trump he explained that he was most comfortable without it, but if Trump preferrred him to wear one, he would. And he did for the rest of the season. He chose the Liza Minnelli task to prove that he was capable of handling tasks that you might not think he necessarily could. He told Trump he was prepared to move anywhere he was needed and offered to work in Scotland where Trump currently has an interest. Clint looked surprised to realize his southern-isms were working against him in the finale. I think with that realization, he would have made a conscious effort to become more the image Trump preferred. It's a pretty easy superficial makeover. He had already proven that he has the education, experience, and leadership skills to succeed when placed in any environment or situation. That's just one more task to complete.

Brandy's weaknesses are much more difficult to overcome. All season long we saw her deferring to others with "I don't know" or "it's your call" types of responses to requests for help with decisions. I don't think she was just playing below the radar, I think she was truly lost and incapable of competing on a meaningful level. She just lucked out to be on the winning team most of the time, particularly when she was put on Clint and Steuart's team. She can't acquire Clint's 10-15 years of actual business experience and knowledge in a superficial makeover. It's going to take her at least 10-15 years of hard work.

I wonder if Brandy really will be placed somewhere working with Ivanka or the other mini-Trumps. I hope so. Ivanka will be onto her weaknesses in a heartbeat. She seems like a very intelligent, no BS type of woman. Don Jr. and Eric will probably by blinded like their father by her beauty for longer, but will figure it out when she's unable to actually help them in a significant way. We saw Brandy truly shine only once, during the Rockport fashion show, as a presenter. She should have gotten the job that Stephanie got as the face representing Trump's organization.

No, Trump wasn't looking for a qualified apprentice for himself. He was looking for eye-candy. And he got it. Congratulations, you dirty old man.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

The whole season was pretty bad. I don't think Trump was all that excited tbh. Brandy or Clint... neither one seems like a real winner.

I'm surprised so many are responding so well to Brandy's closing argument. By the way, can we fire Don Jr. and Eric? Ivanka's very incisive, but those two...
    I don't know man I don't know man I don't know man I don't know I don't know

Brandy had the job from the moment she started flirting ... no question.

I would like to know what happened to Clint. We saw enough of the others, why not him?
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

FORT Newbie

You win some, you lose some. I still think Brandy was the right choice. Someone noted above that when Mahsa was confronted about lying and giving out numbers then she pointed out Clint shared his info as well - it's true, if she came clean w/everything else, why would she lie about this...in her own words, "I know, he knows, and Jesus knows, and Jesus knows that Clint is not square with Jesus!"

Clint is good and strong and ways but he does not fit the Trump brand, not for the role Trump was looking for - Brandy is going to be a big part of the trump brand for mergers/acquisitions and what she displayed throughout the season in terms of tact, professionalism, diplomacy and respect of her peers/colleagues is what is key.

Likewise, if Brandy was up against Clint with a Southern tycoon, she would probably appear too cold and not have that 'southern charm' New York is a world unto itself.

FORT Fan

I think we are all very aware of just "where" Brandy will be working in the Trump organization.....why "under" Trump, of course! ;-)

FORT Newbie

Lol so many Clint fans in here. Trump clearly stated that all of Cilnts y'alls were "too much" - Clint coming off like a country bumkin cost him the game.
    Trump cant have Clint representing him. Brandy's speech and appearance is far more professional, and that is what tipped the scale in her favor.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by gater;4125043;
    Lol so many Clint fans in here. Trump clearly stated that all of Cilnts y'alls were "too much" - Clint coming off like a country bumkin cost him the game.
    Trump cant have Clint representing him. Brandy's speech and appearance is far more professional, and that is what tipped the scale in her favor.

so what changed with Clint in a week? Clearly he has been what he is all season, and if that be a country bumpkin so be it. Up against Steuart he was supposed to have all the extra years and experience but up against Brandy it seems he was just the wrong sex.

Brandy is a very fine capable young woman but she is not a real go getter and Clint certainly was.

I wonder how Brandy would have done doing the dinner, with her team? I think it might have been a disaster. I just do not think Brandy proved anything with her win and Clint did with his.

FORT Newbie

They were both capable of doing tasks for Trump, but Brandys more refined speech(remember the fashion show?) and appearance, (Clint doesnt even comb in hair) tipped the scales in her favor.
    Also her finale answer about the new generation of the Trump brand was excellent.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by gater;4125135;
    They were both capable of doing tasks for Trump, but Brandys more refined speech(remember the fashion show?) and appearance, (Clint doesnt even comb in hair) tipped the scales in her favor.
    Also her finale answer about the new generation of the Trump brand was excellent.
    And she composed her answer under pressure while Clint was talking.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast