+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 12/9 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

FORT Fogey

Re: 12/9 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips;4123705;
    That was a very ill-conceived ending. The worst ending the Apprentice history, imo. It was very lackluster, no "live" audience when he announced the apprentice. Just plain sucked. Usually Donald tells the new apprentice where they will be working etc. There was none of that tonight.
    I think NBC or whoever figured out this season wasn't worth it of a live finale and i Agree. Sucky season

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by jacobson00;4123867;
    I think NBC or whoever figured out this season wasn't worth it of a live finale and i Agree. Sucky season
    i thought it was a good season, altho i haven't watched apprentice much lately because i don't like the 'celebrity apprentice' version. i know most ppl disagree tho (ratings higher for celebrity)..

but, then, i've never liked the live finales anyways.

as for the ending to this, i wish they'd edit it better so that even if it was rigged, you'd think that the person that won actually may have been deserving

Actually if they put money into this season, it could have been amazing. A show about hiring people who lost their job due to the recession really isn't a tough sell in today's world. The cast was amazing and there was pretty much intense drama every week up until around the f6 or so. Still, even then there were moments. If they put money into making more high quality tasks (remember when they use to do promotional tasks for franchises like Burger King?) it would have been great. Too bad because the drama and entertainment level was probably better than the last few regular apprentices.

FORT Fogey

I was o.k. with a board room announcement of the win. Ratings are down, Trump knows that, and I'm sure the contestants knew it too.

Tough choice last night. I think both Clint and Brandy would fit into Trump's group, but Brandy's answer about the next generation of Trump was killer and that sealed the deal for me.

Also, Clint came off as a bit too desperate. I adore him and wish him the best. He just needed to tone it down a bit.

Does anyone know what Clint is doing now? They didn't do an after-boot interview.

FORT Fogey

So Brandy wants to make way for the next generation? Get out of the way, Trump! Actually, in her bio, Brandy states that she wants to be a wife and mother; so if she finds a rich husband, she won't be working for Trump for long. She always looks bored: I think it's because she is bored. She only worked as a lawyer for a few years before she switched to selling cupcakes. I think she'll soon lose interest in being a business tycoon.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by bachelorwatcher;4123934;
    So Brandy wants to make way for the next generation? Get out of the way, Trump! Actually, in her bio, Brandy states that she wants to be a wife and mother; so if she finds a rich husband, she won't be working for Trump for long. She always looks bored: I think it's because she is bored. She only worked as a lawyer for a few years before she switched to selling cupcakes. I think she'll soon lose interest in being a business tycoon.
    My thoughts. Maybe The donald has a few old rich guys for her.

Well, this was my first season to watch The Apprentice and I DVR'd the finale last night and just got around to watching it a little while ago and frankly I was shocked. I just knew Clint would win, hands down. I liked Brandy ok, but she seemed bored and she sure didn't act like she had the fire in her belly for big business like Clint did. As a former business owner, I would have hired Clint. It wouldn't have even been close.

I just don't know if I'll watch the show again. I gave it a try just out of curiousity, but it was kind of boring and not really my cup of tea. I hope Clint landed on his feet and I was disappointed that they didn't give an update on him last night.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;4123894;
    Also, Clint came off as a bit too desperate. I adore him and wish him the best. He just needed to tone it down a bit.
    Well if Clint came off as a little too desperate, iyo, imo, Brandy came across as a bit too nonchalant for someone trying to become Mr. Trump's new apprentice. The bored, lifeless, expressionless look on she had on her face 99% of the time nearly put me into a coma.

As others mentioned, Clint came across as more driven, very determined not afraid of hard work. He came across just as hungry as previous wannabee apprentices, like a Randall Pinkett, for example. One so driven towards the prize that he ate, slept and breathed it. Too bad Donald got all caught up in hiring Brandy because he liked the way she looked. As it stands, it looks as though she won based on, one--her good looks, and two--sucking up to the Trumps. Certainly not her resume. Maybe she'll end up being Ivanka's new bff.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

More confirmation that the mistakes of this finale are set up:

-Clint saying they proofed it the spelling already and that "something" happened.
    -Brandy missing Trump coming in (how!?)
    -Somebody else stealing the Golf Tourney intro from Kathy Griffin (how!?)
    -The extra person from Trump's team missing and Brandy and team don't know anything about till the game starts (oh come on!)
    -Liza Minnelli didn't look fussy or picky at all. In fact they barely even gave her air time! So were her demands really hers? I don't know, it looks very suspicious.
    -Nobody even took their golf prize?

Such a bad episode. There wasn't' much happening at all and it went very fast too. I think this is why all these mistakes had to happen, for TV.

The prize thing was inexcusable though. Very cheap prizes. Couldn't they give away cool things like I don't know... how about Pentax's new "budget" medium format camera (it's still $10k), wine, or other rich feeling gifts. If they don't want those golf clubs though, I WANT THEM! I want those golf clubs!

Cannot believe Brandy won. Seriously!? Her plea to Trump was also so ass kissing that it made me sick. I'd be offended if somebody went that far out of their way to complement, but maybe he's used to it or likes it.

Thanks for the outcome, guess I can delete my tape and save myself an hour of misery.
    Friends are those rare people who ask how you are and then wait for the answer. ~Author Unknown

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast