+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: 12/2 show discussion

FORT Fanatic

12/2 show discussion

just love liza minelli

Re: 12/2 show discussion

I guess I start off most of the discussion. The Apprentice is dead on FORT! Ignore how choppy my thoughts are, I did them as they happened, not recap style!

Brandy's pitch to Donald Trump was FLAWLESS. She:
    • moved out very young
    • paid for her education
    • had a full time job while in high school
    • graduated valedictorian
    • went to UCLA then

How the HECK do you have all of that in you? I could never. And then Brandy's "I have trained my entire life to work for you, sir" was just the cherry on top and quite Terminator like too.

Clint didn't need to really defend himself, he already did that last boardroom. Just more repeating what he said.

Liza couldn't really defend herself. She tried to use all the negatives that they used as a positive (like I have been the weakest player for so long, but if I'm really so weak then how did I make it to the final 3?) and it worked a little bit, but she really has all the previous challenges sealing the deal for her. So that was not surprising.

So far, boring episode. More Clint ego stroking too.

The challenge is to run a dinner event with Liza Minnelli OR host a celebrity golf tournament. Challenging!

The two team compositions they have for help are RIDICULOUS and a huge set up. Masa, Poppy, and Steuart vs Anand, Liza, and Stephanie. This is just asking for it! On one side you have crazy, newbie, and Stueart, and then the other side is an epic hate fest (only Liza and Anan don't have issues with each other but all other combinations have history).

Masa gets paired with Clint and still harps that he was lying during her confession and really told his amount too. "Clint knows, I know, and Jesus knows that Clint is not square with Jesus." LOL I love her. However she said she put that aside once the task started, and it looks like she really did, so that is professional.

Speaking about Liza Minnelli's list of things, I don't like these lists of demands celebrites get whenever they do a performance. They just disgust me. What about being humble? You're already getting paid for the performance. It really turns me off. Tell me any other profession where the place is custom tailored for you when you arrive. And I mean really, if you are to get so bent out of shape by not having a white tablecloth or not a specific brand of humidifier, you are a loser and too self entitled. Here's a tip too: you can bring your own stuff!

Didn't know Liza used to be a good golf player either. Such a shame that it's so expensive. She said she was gonna turn pro, thinking of it only like 2 years ago! So far is key for Brandy, as Brandy really was a total fish out of water on even how they operate. However, I don't like that Liza changed the winning prizes from gift cards to golf clubs. Yuck. HOWEVER it's not only pros playing, it's celebrities too. That could be useful for them but really, there were no good ideas: a puny gift card (just give them cash instead) or golf clubs, which are only to be relevant and visible like trophies. I think they needed to brainstorm the prizes more. And it took 4 hours for Liza and Anand to get to the store to choose prizes!? Wow... they should have talked to Brandy along the way. The prize issue was a total disaster.

Another disaster was the caterer. We never did find out why Clint's caterer called it quits. That smells very fishy to me. All we heard was I cannot do it, no because, why, or anything.

Trump wanting to play with Liza during the golf tournament is so funny and cute. I mean they all think she's useless anyways, but out of all the times for her to be taken off the task... this time it could really hurt!

After Brandy's photographer was at the wrong place (2 hours away), I smelled a setup. Clint's caterer mysteriously quitting, Trump wanting to play with Liza, and now this missing photographer all smell like twists engineered by the show. I thought they were just bad luck and coincidences but this is too many one after another. Then Liza Minnelli's name spelled wrong was just more proof to me. That's crazy. NOBODY noticed it? I find that hard to believe. NOBODY? Really?

These problems are all compounding, but maybe it's the schadenfreude in me that likes them. The series has been kinda boring and all these twists really mix it up. While I love the intense mistakes, I also do hope that everybody does good and gets around them.
    Last edited by Endit; 12-03-2010 at 01:50 AM.

FORT Fogey

Brandy's bio states that she worked for a law firm, then started a mobile cupcake business. At least Clint was doing something useful with his education, until recently. I've heard of one celebrity who demands that a certain color of M&M's must be removed from the other M&M's. Also, there are two local restaurants that have misspelled signs. One sign is about "autentic" cuisine. Both signs appear to have been written by non-native speakers of English. I know that there are sign-making businesses that don't correct mistakes. It's believable that a printing company could misspell a celebrity's name.

Don Trump seems to really like Liza, even though he fired her. He admits he's always defending her and says the person she gets along with the most is him. Then, he picks her to play golf with him. And didn't he say America loves her? Interesting...

FORT Fogey

Brandy for all the education she has is basically useless in this type of atmosphere. I do not know if it is because she is single with no children to motivate her, but she seems rather passive. Clint is a real take charge person. He really has been out of his element a lot, but has adapted to the work. He obviously is driven by himself and his children. I love how he always thinks of what they will say when they see him. He shows he truly respects the important people in his life's opinion.

I do not see Brandy winning this. All she can do well is smile and present herself well at times. Her decision making skills are completely lacking, and she has no focus at all.

The stuff about Liza and her desires is why other countries look to the US as spoiled entitled losers. It is absolutely ridiculous that she should be catered to that much. She does not have the cure for cancer, or food for a nation she is a human being that has a job like almost all the rest of us. I was truly disgusted by the list, and the way people bow to her truly ridiculous. Our society needs a quick restart when we act like this for these overblown egos.

I think the fact that the show ended with Clint's error means he wins. I think he is a very good worker, and Trump would be lucky to have him around.

Quote Originally Posted by MHcarrollton;4119183;
    Brandy for all the education she has is basically useless in this type of atmosphere. I do not know if it is because she is single with no children to motivate her, but she seems rather passive. Clint is a real take charge person. He really has been out of his element a lot, but has adapted to the work. He obviously is driven by himself and his children. I love how he always thinks of what they will say when they see him. He shows he truly respects the important people in his life's opinion.

I do not see Brandy winning this. All she can do well is smile and present herself well at times. Her decision making skills are completely lacking, and she has no focus at all.

The stuff about Liza and her desires is why other countries look to the US as spoiled entitled losers. It is absolutely ridiculous that she should be catered to that much. She does not have the cure for cancer, or food for a nation she is a human being that has a job like almost all the rest of us. I was truly disgusted by the list, and the way people bow to her truly ridiculous. Our society needs a quick restart when we act like this for these overblown egos.

I think the fact that the show ended with Clint's error means he wins. I think he is a very good worker, and Trump would be lucky to have him around.
    Well in spite of Clint's error the clips seem to show a lot of smiles on that team's faces so maybe it all worked out.

Brandy is lucky she had Lisa because she was totally out of her element understanding anything regarding a golf tournament.

Surprisingly Clint's team seemed in sinc even with Masha.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

If I were Liza, I would have defended myself by saying that this far along in the competition, Clint has been PM 3 times, and Steuart and I have been PM twice. Brandy has only put herself up for PM once - not a sign of confidence or leadership - and in tasks she does what's asked of her, but isn't willing to put forth ideas. (Liza would have been fired anyway because we all know Trump likes Brandy.)

There was another Trump episode where the star demanded all sorts of things. It was when Trace Adkins was PM and the Backstreet Boys wanted wheat grass juice and black nail polish among other things. Trace's reaction to those requests was priceless.

I'm expected that Clint forgot something in Liza's dressing room just because they twice played the clip of him saying that she would have everything on that list.

I'm hoping Clint wins, but still wish it were a Steuart/Clint finale. Even in an underling role, Steuart looks more decisive and competent than Brandy.

Edited to add: Unless Brandy wanted to get Anand and Liza out of her her for a few hours, I didn't see the point of sending to people to fetch gift cards. Why not just call the store and have them sent over by messenger or have one person go pick them up.
    Last edited by Kip; 12-03-2010 at 11:51 AM.

FORT Fan

Brandy really has not done much at all. Her presentation at the modeling event and on QVC were good. But she was a disaster at the other presentation (Kardashian showcase I think). Other than that she does not have much to show. But I think she sealed the deal when she said "I prefer older men, Sir". And the way she had memorized and rehearsed her biography proves she knows how to manipulate men like Trump. What is she going to do as an apprentice with only presentation skills? Be a spokesperson like Stephanie, only better looking and fake.

Clint's constant speeches of self-confidence and listing of accomplishments (one wouldn't have sold everything he had if he were that accomplished) are nothing but over-compensation for his failures and a manipulation of the listeners.

Liza made a good choice of buying tangible gifts that the winners can show off. All those rich people have so much money why would they care for a $1000 giftcard. They would rather show off some big object than a puny giftcard for worth peanuts in their world.

Good to see a mellowed Mahsa. Of course she is not competing anymore. If it was a competition I think her claws (and fingers) will come out. If Mahsa was telling the truth (who knows) about Clint then it is a major issue.

Spelling error in the main attraction's name is inexcusable. It is not the responsibility of the printing press to correct errors. If Clint proof-read the poster and the card then he messed up. If Liza Minnelli was so finicky about a humidifier brand imagine what a tantrum she will throw upon looking at her misspelled name. Actually that would make good TV.

Kathy Griffin will be the most easy-going performer, so that would work in Brandy's favor. But if she uses profanity in her act that would totally backfire with the class-obsessed audience. But I am looking forward to Kathy next week.

Wish the episode ran two hours and season was over. Have to wait another week to watch the goofy Clint and plastic Brandy fight it out.

These are celebrities and golf pros, one thing they don't need is a mediocre set of golf clubs. They already have their own, best money can buy, specifically chosen, golf clubs. Stupid decision! A gift card isn't a great choice either, but at least with a gift card they could buy whatever they need and want.
    Last edited by Duckyface; 12-03-2010 at 02:31 PM.

50 years and counting! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Duckyface;4119389;
    These are celebrities and golf pros, one thing they don't need is a mediocre set of golf clubs. They already have their own, best money can buy, specifically chosen, golf clubs. Stupid decision! A gift card isn't a great choice either, but at least with a gift card they could buy whatever they need and want.
    I agree that they don't "need" a mediocre set of golf clubs, but the recipient will probably turn around and donate them to a charity - thereby getting good press and a photo op. I do agree with those who say it's better to give them something tangible. Folks who can play in a Trump tournament don't need gift cards, either.

Did anyone else pick up on Mini-Don's comment to Anand that they should put him in charge of keeping an eye on cheaters? Wow. Zing.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast