+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 12/2 show discussion

Re: 12/2 show discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Kip;4119966;
    Trump is so very inconsistent in his reasons for firing people. You can get fired for not standing up for yourself in the boardroom, or for coming on too strong. You can get fired for taking risks or for not taking risks. In the Annie Duke - Joan Rivers showdown (and I didn't like either of them), many people thought Joan Rivers winning was a given as Trump had kept her on when there were reasons for firing her earlier. Up until that finale, the ultimate decider had been who raised the most money. Annie raised the most money, but Trump can come up with any reason to throw the decision the other way. That's fine, it's his show, it's his company, he can do what he wants. I just no longer get invested in the outcome, because I know that his decision won't necessarily be about who deserves to be fired, but about who he likes best or who should stick around longer because they create drama on the show.
    I took me a few seasons to figure it out, I'm a bit slow sometimes but
    Trump manipulates the boardroom showdown exactly the way he wants to. He decides who he wants to fire and then makes that happen,even when he's really scraping the bottom, like he did with Khloe Kardashian (drunk driving citation YEARS AGO- great reason for firing her). So now I just try and guess who he wants gone and how he's going to maneuver that.

Quote Originally Posted by CharmOffensive;4119791;
    Trump Jr's cheap shot at Anand was bad. His job is to make sure no golfers cheat.
    Call me insensitive or uncaring, but I didn't feel bad for Anand at all. He did the deed, he was fired but he will always be known as the guy who cheated on the Apprentice. I don't have that much sympathy for someone who blatenly cheats to want to protect their delicate sensitivity. Why should he be treated gently?? Why should any of the other contestants even forgive him when he tried to cheat each and every one of them out of getting a good job?
    Anyway, he's smart enough to know it just might happen if he returned and he still chose to came back. To me, case closed.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Kip;4119966;
    I cringed at Don Jr's remark to Anand. Either bring Anand back and give him a chance to redeem himself or forget about him. Don't bring him back and then rub his face in it. It showed a real cruel streak in Don, Jr., IMO.
    I don't know if he's cruel, but I do find him to be not very bright, despite the education he's had. At any other huge company in corporate Amnerica, he would not have what it takes to be a VP. He's just a Trump in Training and agrees with whatever his father says. That seems all he has to offer. Maybe they should play the Apprentice with the contestants disguised and see how long it takes MiniDon to be fired.

FORT Fogey

It is Trump's show and he can hire or fire who he chooses. I see no problem with this, not at all. It is a TV show and he may not use the same criteria for a real life situation or he may. Do we care? Really? It is all for fun and I enjoy every minute. I bet he gets some good emplyees from this or maybe not. I just love this show. Bill Ransic is one for the books.

I don't see why people feel like Clint has this in the bag. The Liza misspelling was a fatal error IMO. A strong overall performance throughout the season can be put to the side, while the candidate's performace in the final task can be what determines who wins.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;4120845;
    I don't see why people feel like Clint has this in the bag. The Liza misspelling was a fatal error IMO. A strong overall performance throughout the season can be put to the side, while the candidate's performace in the final task can be what determines who wins.
    I don't think the Liza misspelling was a fatal error, since Mahsa saved the day! If the misspelling hadn't been noticed until Liza showed up, it might be a different story. Also, during the preview, they mentioned that Clint said "y'all" too many times. I don't think that would prevent Trump from hiring Clint. Brandy is Trump's favorite, but I think Trump cares too much about his business and money to hire Brandy, just because she's his favorite.

She handled it horribly. Yeah, she called the guy to fix it, but she started it by saying that the mistake was the team's fault. Maybe that's the case, but if I were her, I would start pointing the fingers at the makers of the posters before placing the blame on myself. Yeah, it's dirty, but perhaps if the company were to feel at fault for the mistake, the charge to fix it all would have been lessened.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

FORT Fan

Are there any spoilers revealing how the two events panned out?? I may have missed them, but surely public events would have people with loose lips....

FORT Fogey

i am not sure if it's clint or the compagny's fault. Clint just has to look at the form it filled out, if it's correctly spelled then it's the compagny's fault

Clint proof-read the ads and approved them for print. So I don't see how it would work in his favor to try and blame the printer.

He just needs to own the mistake and show Trump that he can handle damage control when something doesn't go well. He is still a better leader and the best choice for the job.

Although, I think they will both be hired in some way.

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;4119657;
    Liza going against her PM and choosing cheap gifts insead of a gift card?! What is wrong with this woman? Call your PM and discuss your idea to change the plan.
    The gift cards were an absolutely terrible idea. Brandy had been relying on Liza's expertise on the matter so I think it was a good call to not call and discuss it. Brandy had other things to deal with. Though unfortunately for some reason this seems to be the one thing she doesn't rely on Liza for so she got mad and it didn't work out I wouldn't fault Liza.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast