+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 11/25 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

11/25 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Once again, I start the conversation. Here we go.

Challenge is to pick an accessory from Isaac Mizrahi and sell it on QVC. Whoever makes the most money wins. Simple. Liza/Clint are PMs.

From the get go, Brandy calls the men "You can describe the men as one giant **** measuring competition." And I think she's onto something.

Funny how the men's team said they would dupe the women from the beginning into getting what they want and they had this whole plan. But in reality it was more they don't care about what you want at all and have their own thing. Reminds me of like straight people who hit on gays or lesbians. Think you're all that? There is no way they could EVER like you and you're too stupid/thick headed to realize! And don't you dare try passing it off as "Oh, I tricked you!" if even part of it goes right. It's just egoism. I really wanted to just wipe that smile off Steuart's face. I don't want him to be in the final anyways. He didn't seem so serious.

Loved how Liza took that Caucasian statistic and had Brandy do it based off that. That is just so ingenious. This isn't about racism. It's about matching the demographic like Liza said. It doesn't matter if you are black, white, orange, green... you try to match the audience, nothing personal, just it's easier to relate to people who looks similar. Even if we are "all the same", we still DO judge people whether we like to admit or not. With so little to go on when if you don't know somebody, you must make guesses on appearance. It's a fact of life! And this is why the first impression is so important. And it's "weird" when you see people that may be different trying to sell stuff. For example, on the Skating With The Stars, the host has an Australian? accent and I noticed it immediately. For an American show, it feels kinda of out of place and odd. Sure it ain't anything bad and I got used to it, but there a lot of people who might just be turned off or not relate.

I found Trump to be really passive aggressive towards Liza on the decision. She explained herself (there wasn't much to say), but he kept pushing to get her to say something stupid or trip up or confuse her and I found it very rude. And then he gets Brandy and Steuart in the mix with what they think but it's the same ole BS lines that you hear before you know who the winner is (person from same team: I think we did good. Other name: I think otherwise).

And speaking of Steuart... he reared his ugly head saying he was so surprised she would do that, meanwhile in his confessions he's tooting his horn about how he looks like he could work for Issac Mizrahi based on looks and Clint couldn't... this is the EXACT thing Liza was talking about! Can you say hypocrite? I know based on adjectives (supple, cavernous), Clint is NOT the person to use, but he also judged on looks too. But then to backpeddle and then use that as his advantage over Clint in the boardroom/elimination, that's just stupid.

It's funny how in the beginning the men's team (Steuart especially) were all so "devious" cause when it came down to the whole thing, it looks like they got played by losing by $824.13 (2998.38 *77sold* vs 2174.25 *25 sold*). And it wasn't by any tricks, they were their own enemy.

I know the difference to win was only 10 bags, $194.97 is WAY too much. Even Mizrahi said the same thing. I thought they would have a better job with selling purses but they really jacked it too high. And I feel for those 25 saps who bought them. They're gonna end up like Clint's wife eBaying them off and how much would it suck to see you got played by a reality show? LOL.

Surprised Liza won but I guess she was right about the fact that women had less watches, that's why they'd buy more. Clint's thinking was the opposite. And I was like "REDEMPTION!" when Liza won. I feel I relate to her a lot of ways so I want her to win. It's also good to stick the boys where they belong. I hate egotistical people. Will she make it to the final? I say probably not, judging on past challenges, but I also feel she's been given lemons with Stephanie always on her case and never being able to make a difference.

Steuart goes home and Clint KILLS him in the board room. Every time he makes a point, Clint jumps on it, claims he can do it too (or better), so essentially Steuart has no "X factor". It's not that different than Stephanie actually but the way was much less aggressive.
    Last edited by Endit; 11-26-2010 at 02:39 AM.

FORT Fogey

Re: 11/25 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by Endit;4114707;
    Once again, I start the conversation. Here we go. Challenge is to pick an accessory from Isaac Mizrahi and sell it on QVC. Whoever makes the most money wins. Simple. Liza/Clint are PMs. From the get go, Brandy calls the men "You can describe the men as one giant **** measuring competition." And I think she's onto something. Funny how the men's team said they would dupe the women from the beginning into getting what they want and they had this whole plan. But in reality it was more they don't care about what you want at all and have their own thing. Reminds me of like straight people who hit on gays or lesbians. Think you're all that? There is no way they could EVER like you and you're too stupid/thick headed to realize! And don't you dare try passing it off as "Oh, I tricked you!" if even part of it goes right. It's just egoism. I really wanted to just wipe that smile off Steuart's face. I don't want him to be in the final anyways. He didn't seem so serious. Loved how Liza took that Caucasian statistic and had Brandy do it based off that. That is just so ingenious. This isn't about racism. It's about matching the demographic like Liza said. It doesn't matter if you are black, white, orange, green... you try to match the audience, nothing personal, just it's easier to relate to people who looks similar. Even if we are "all the same", we still DO judge people whether we like to admit or not. With so little to go on when if you don't know somebody, you must make guesses on appearance. It's a fact of life! And this is why the first impression is so important. And it's "weird" when you see people that may be different trying to sell stuff. For example, on the Skating With The Stars, the host has an Australian? accent and I noticed it immediately. For an American show, it feels kinda of out of place and odd. Sure it ain't anything bad and I got used to it, but there a lot of people who might just be turned off or not relate. I found Trump to be really passive aggressive towards Liza on the decision. She explained herself (there wasn't much to say), but he kept pushing to get her to say something stupid or trip up or confuse her and I found it very rude. And then he gets Brandy and Steuart in the mix with what they think but it's the same ole BS lines that you hear before you know who the winner is (person from same team: I think we did good. Other name: I think otherwise). And speaking of Steuart... he reared his ugly head saying he was so surprised she would do that, meanwhile in his confessions he's tooting his horn about how he looks like he could work for Issac Mizrahi based on looks and Clint couldn't... this is the EXACT thing Liza was talking about! Can you say hypocrite? I know based on adjectives (supple, cavernous), Clint is NOT the person to use, but he also judged on looks too. But then to backpeddle and then use that as his advantage over Clint in the boardroom/elimination, that's just stupid. It's funny how in the beginning the men's team (Steuart especially) were all so "devious" cause when it came down to the whole thing, it looks like they got played by losing by $824.13 (2998.38 *77sold* vs 2174.25 *25 sold*). And it wasn't by any tricks, they were their own enemy. I know the difference to win was only 10 bags, $194.97 is WAY too much. Even Mizrahi said the same thing. I thought they would have a better job with selling purses but they really jacked it too high. And I feel for those 25 saps who bought them. They're gonna end up like Clint's wife eBaying them off and how much would it suck to see you got played by a reality show? LOL. Surprised Liza won but I guess she was right about the fact that women had less watches, that's why they'd buy more. Clint's thinking was the opposite. And I was like "REDEMPTION!" when Liza won. I feel I relate to her a lot of ways so I want her to win. It's also good to stick the boys where they belong. I hate egotistical people. Will she make it to the final? I say probably not, judging on past challenges, but I also feel she's been given lemons with Stephanie always on her case and never being able to make a difference. Steuart goes home and Clint KILLS him in the board room. Every time he makes a point, Clint jumps on it, claims he can do it too (or better), so essentially Steuart has no "X factor". It's not that different than Stephanie actually but the way was much less aggressive.
    Trump wants Clint to win. Even if Clint doesn't win the final project, I think Trump will hire him. Clint seemed capable, and a natural leader... except for the most recent project. The host of SWTS is British.

Quote Originally Posted by bachelorwatcher;4114710;
    Trump wants Clint to win. Even if Clint doesn't win the final project, I think Trump will hire him. Clint seemed capable, and a natural leader... except for the most recent project. The host of SWTS is British.
    I thought he was British too, but something seemed a little "off" lol so I went for the closest in my mind. Yeah, and at least he's choosing the right person.

FORT Fogey

It is clear that Liza will be fired at the opening of next weeks show. Not that we got a clue; we just know Trump is not impressed with her. I expect Clint to win but he will have a job with Trump no matter what. I think Brandy will too.

Looks like Liza will be coming back as a helper on the final task. What a nightmare for Brandy.

Anyone else find that Mizrahi bag unappealing? I wouldn't buy it at Marshalls for $29.99.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Doyu Gems Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

It looked like a bowling ball bag. :s A most supple and cavernous one, worthy of the dude, even.

I don't think Clint is a shoe-in for the win. Trump LOVES Brandy... I think it wil come down to the last task and who performs best.

After watching last night's episode, I am now convinced that it will be a F2 of Clint against Liza. Brandy seems to be coasting just like Jen M. did back on Season 2. I seriously doubt Trump will fall for it this time.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Nice recap, endit. Thanks!

I too didn't find anything strange or bad about playing to the white women demographic. It's a smart marketing move. When your demographic is teens, you use teens or people they admire. You always want to have spokespeople your audience can related to.

I didn't see anything special about the purses, but I thought they'd do better than the watches. Does anyone wear a watch anymore? Seems like most people use their cell phones for the time these days.

I'm glad Clint is in the finale - he definitely belongs there. But I was sorry to see Steuart go. He's shown more leadership has contributed more to tasks than Brandy and Liza combined. I was a bit put off though by his comment that he didn't think Clint would fit in with the Trump organization. If people think Clint's a country bumpkin because he's got a bit of a Texas drawl, that will give Clint an edge in negotiations.

Rabid Dingo, I agree that Brandy's been coasting. Other than her presentations, which she did well at 2 out of 3 times, I can't recall any other contribution she's made. For the last three episodes at least, she's been trying to contribute as little as possible so nothing can be pinned on her. And she's only put herself up for PM once. I hope Trump fires her, but he seems to have a little crush on her.

FORT Newbie

Two comments on the show.

Liza made the right call in that a caucasian women would rack up higher sales then a black woman, based on the demo data. She made a terrible decision in actually talking about it at QVC and in the boardroom. She should have said that Brandy did such a great job at being a pitchwoman at the shoe catwalk that it was the best choice with another fashion product and stuck to that.

I don't watch QVC but it was obvious that the bag was too high priced from the gitgo. They must have known that each team was being given 5 minutes of airtime and that means the product was an impulse buy, no half hour slot here to really build up the value of the product. The cheaper the better, when was the last time you saw something really expensive next to the checkout lane at a store, impulse purchases are never expensive. The women made the right choice with the watches, if the guys had chopped the bag price down to $150 or so, they would have sold more bags but it still would been somewhat expensive for an impulse buy and they would not have been able to sell enough to top the women.

And most people watching QVC are not in the upper brackets like Clint's wife back when his family was doing well, before the collapse of his leveraged real estate investments destroyed his family's net worth.

Even a sharp operator like Clint can be hurt when the scant time available for planning pushes you to make a hasty decision before you can think things through.

FORT Fogey

I missed the show so I'll have to catch it during repeats.

Anyway, we are down to the wire. In my mind, Clint and Brandy are the only two that have the academic and work credentials to fit in the Trump organization.

If you read their bios, Clint is far from a country-bumpkin and Brandy is not just a pretty face. Both are very well educated with good experience.

He also likes bold leaders. Liza will surely be the next to go (or, I would be highly surprised if she weren't). She doesn't offer a single thing that Trump would ever want.

I'm leaning toward a Brandy win.

I mostly just agree with everyone here.
    Stewart was wrong (but typical for a younger person) to assume that Clint's down home personna would not be acceptable in NYC. It would actually give him boost by being so disarming that people wouldn't see the smart snake behind Good Ol' Clint.

Neither Clint nor Steuwart knew enough about purses to do this job. Far too much money for a blah purse, designed by resident Target designer. Not to mention that big purses are what's in now.

Steuwart should learn to pronounce words like Haute Couture and not say "Hot cuture."

Liza was right about the black/white demographics. Substitute someone's nationality (i.e., Irish) and the same would apply. Human nature to identify with those most like us. Has nothing to do with racism.

Brandy will win because Trump can hardly stop drooling when he talks to her. The Donald always has a teacher's pet.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast