+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 11/25 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

FORT Fogey

Re: 11/25 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat;4114776;

I don't think Clint is a shoe-in for the win. Trump LOVES Brandy... I think it wil come down to the last task and who performs best.
    I agree. Just saying that I think Clint has skills that we have not see in Brandy, yet anyway. Brandy has a job with Trump no matter what happens.

FORT Fan

I don't blame Stueart for constantly cracking up like a highschool boy. Clint took the task so seriously he actually started making love to the purse. He was rubbing it, stroking it, running his hands through the insides of it, all the while praising it with very suggestive language. And he looked very serious about it. If I were sitting next to him I would have cracked up too.

The way the guys duped the girls was dishonest in my opinion. I don't see that as a good negotiation skill. Often in situations like this people do the good old coin toss to determine who gets to pick first. Then they take their ball and run with it, so to speak, and prove their mettle. Dishonest dealings are to me a credibility issue. Just my opinion.

Brandy has been stand-offish the last three weeks. May be she wants to leave the show, or may be she thinks she has it in the bag. Don't know.

Liza's execution lacks confidence, or so it seems, but her judgement is very sound. Her product pick, price point and her putting Brandy on TV all contributed to her win. I think she has better business skills than Brandy. If Trump picks Brandy then it will be only because she is the kind of girl he finds attractive.

Trump makes a big deal (for TV of course) about the race thing. Then he turns around and makes an age discrimination against Steuart. If Clint has more education than Steuart that is because he has lived longer that Steuart. Otherwise, both have the same business experience. Give another 13 years and Steuart could match or exceed Clint's education through education or through business experience. If Trump is going to base his decision on age, then he should have selected only contestants of the same age group in the first place.

FORT Fan

Steuart and Clint should have been "in"....Brandy and Lisa both deserved to be fired IMHO

I hate when reality shows "set up" a final confrontation like this, where they eliminate two or put people on teams where you know a strong player MUST be eliminated

there are a lot of set ups in this season...for instance, it was fine for the e and g list "celebs" to call and pester people for money yet Aneud was fired for asking a friend to buy a pedi cab ride..why?

why the double elim this week?? I think both girls should have gone instead

I am rooting for Clint for the win however...surely Trump will fire Lisa and Brandy is so much "nothing nothing"....arrrgh

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by estygal4;4115679;
    Steuart and Clint should have been "in"....Brandy and Lisa both deserved to be fired IMHO
    I hate when reality shows "set up" a final confrontation like this, where they eliminate two or put people on teams where you know a strong player MUST be eliminated

there are a lot of set ups in this season...for instance, it was fine for the e and g list "celebs" to call and pester people for money yet Aneud was fired for asking a friend to buy a pedi cab ride..why?

why the double elim this week?? I think both girls should have gone instead
    I am rooting for Clint for the win however...surely Trump will fire Lisa and Brandy is so much "nothing nothing"....arrrgh
    How could he fire both women when they won the task?!

I think it probably has to do with the charity aspect that the celebrity seasons have. I guess it's ok to pester friends to give to charity, but "for real" tasks they want them to win on merit? Personally I don't like the calling friends on the celebrity version, but do understand since it is going for a good cause. It becomes more about who has wealthier friends that will pony up the money for charity rather than a merit-based win.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22;4115728;
    How could he fire both women when they won the task?!
    He still has to fire one of them,

my problem with the set up is that TRUMP himself put together the final 2 teams...one strong and one not strong

yes, the guys lost on the last task but all along both of them have been far far better than Brandy and Lisa

double eliminations in any reality tv show often mean that a better "player/candidate/bachelorette/chef/whatever" goes before a weaker one

sometimes I don't like the structure of these shows...

and yes, the "structure" of the "celeb" apprentice becomes who can pester their wealthy friends and co workers the most, athletes have the edge, yet on this show you have lawyers and cpa's and MBA's competing to wash dogs or push pedicab rides.....the urge to "call a friend" would be there especially after ? 3 seasons of watching that over and over with d and e list so called "celebs"

in some sense, for these NON celebs to call their friends would be Networking...Trump discounts that BUT does give the win to those who can do the best at these trivial tasks that have very little to do with success in his corporations. Networking would be a plus there tho I feel

there are a lot of set ups in this season...for instance, it was fine for the e and g list "celebs" to call and pester people for money yet Aneud was fired for asking a friend to buy a pedi cab ride..why?why the double elim this week?? I think both girls should have gone instead

As to the bolded part, I think maybe the rules are different for the celebs and the non-celebs. It would seems so or otherwise it wouldn't make sense for Trump to accuse Aneud of cheating. I've always thought the main reason for having the celebs is 1. ratings and 2. a way to aid charities and therefore Ol' Trump looks good). And if that's one of the goals, they'd actually encourage the people(celebs) to beg friends for money because those with lots of money know other people with lots of money. At least, that's what I assumed.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

[snipped]

there are a lot of set ups in this season...for instance, it was fine for the e and g list "celebs" to call and pester people for money yet Aneud was fired for asking a friend to buy a pedi cab ride..why? ...
    Anand knew what he did was wrong otherwise he (a) wouldn't have lied about it in the boardroom, (b) wouldn't have told the friends he texted to pretend not to know him, and (c) would have encouraged his teammates to do the same.

I think the caucasian thing was silly. It's much more about the likeability and comfort in front of the camera. Think about it. If there is a less likeable host with an uncomfortable demeanor who is your same race vs. a more likeable and comfortable host of a different race selling something you're on the fence about, race isn't going to be the deciding factor.

I think the right decision was made, but for a bogus reason. Brandy has a great voice and presence for tv, while Liza's voice is annoying and she comes across as kind of frazzled. Those to me are the reasons. If voice and demeanor were switched I'd say Liza would have been better.

Also, if race IS a deciding issue, they already had one white hostess so having a black one to appeal to the other part of the audience would have been the better decision.

I don't think the boys sold less purses because they had a black hostess; I think it was all about price point.
    Last edited by Duckyface; 11-28-2010 at 02:15 PM.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by KennyLuv;4115504;
    I don't blame Stueart for constantly cracking up like a highschool boy. Clint took the task so seriously he actually started making love to the purse. He was rubbing it, stroking it, running his hands through the insides of it, all the while praising it with very suggestive language. And he looked very serious about it. If I were sitting next to him I would have cracked up too.

The way the guys duped the girls was dishonest in my opinion. I don't see that as a good negotiation skill. Often in situations like this people do the good old coin toss to determine who gets to pick first. Then they take their ball and run with it, so to speak, and prove their mettle. Dishonest dealings are to me a credibility issue. Just my opinion.

Brandy has been stand-offish the last three weeks. May be she wants to leave the show, or may be she thinks she has it in the bag. Don't know.

Liza's execution lacks confidence, or so it seems, but her judgement is very sound. Her product pick, price point and her putting Brandy on TV all contributed to her win. I think she has better business skills than Brandy. If Trump picks Brandy then it will be only because she is the kind of girl he finds attractive.

Trump makes a big deal (for TV of course) about the race thing. Then he turns around and makes an age discrimination against Steuart. If Clint has more education than Steuart that is because he has lived longer that Steuart. Otherwise, both have the same business experience. Give another 13 years and Steuart could match or exceed Clint's education through education or through business experience. If Trump is going to base his decision on age, then he should have selected only contestants of the same age group in the first place.
    I agree that whole deal with Clint and the purses was really over the top and it easily could make Stu crack up. If Clint had actually been the on screen presence they might not have sold as many as they did. Stu did an excellent job and no doubt was the reason their sales were as high as they were.

The difference of 13 years adds to Clints extra degree but on the other hand Steuart really was not a failed business man as his Tradewinds Specialty Import Company is thriving, even in a challenging economy. And I am quite sure in 13 years Stu will have as many degrees and more success than Clint.

I actually am cheering for Brandy now because while I like Clint he just does not seem Trump material. I thought Steuart was perfect for Trump, so IMO it is Trump's loss.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast