+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 11/19 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

11/19 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

MODS: I mean 11/18, not 11/19. Can one of you fix that? I noticed it 1s after a I posted!

Wow, no post for it yet!? It's dead around here. Guess I'll mini recap and start it off:

Trump: "we all know of AT&T, one of the greatest companies on Earth." HAHAHAHAHAHA boy Trump will say anything when he has a client.

And Stephanie means business. I can't believe all the soundbites I'm getting. At the beginning she plans to "get dirty, win a task, AND throw her [Lisa] under the bus" Shortly after she refers to Lisa as a "secretary" and thinks that she should "STFU and sit down [...] cause I'm the boss."

I found Stephanie's photographer/director to be pretty unprofessional. He sat there the entire time just watching them, with this look on his face like "You are so unprofessional. This is beneath me. Why aren't you already ready?" And he's dumb too! Seriously, this is The Apprentice, you really expect them to be ready at a moment's notice when they just started? It appeared (though could be edited) that as soon as they walked in he was like "Ok, lets start." And then to call them "high school" was just rude. Lets see you thrown into an unexpected situation with no real experience and a lack of resources. Oh wait, Stephanie claims to have directing experience with commercials as one of her MANY talents.

Ivanka's orange and white print dress wasn't that bad but I think she should go for way more tailored clothing. She looked pretty good in the boardroom.

Of course Lisa wouldn't be able to find a stadium at a moment's notice, but they are just oil and water. They should not be together. LOL at her coming back with like NO props. Too funny and so inept. But you can't send somebody out no a blind props run.

Also love how both Stephanie and Lisa lied straight to Trump's face about getting along. Did not see that coming.

Lisa reminds me of myself. Wants to do a lot, but not really prepared or a kind of person who can just jump into things. She also doesn't really sell her ideas that much but I do think she has the right intuitive process to notice flaws. All throughout the season, she has these little "Aha!" moments that are like a whisper, not a scream. She really needs to figure out how to convey a sense of importance to them.

Stephanie is fired, but in Rockport Next Steps, seems she won a mini Apprentice after all, as a traveling spokesperson for the Trump brand. Interesting.
    Last edited by Endit; 11-19-2010 at 06:15 AM.

Re: 11/19 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

So he puts the guys back together and the girls. I cannot see how the girls would win. and I cannot see how Lisa would ever end up part of the Final Two. That would be horrible. So one would hope and think it has to be Stu and Clint and that would be awesome.

FORT Fogey

I still do not get how a person other than the PM is supposed to insinuate their ideas if they are not accepted. Lisa is getting no credit for anything, however she always seems to spring the same ideas at the PM that the judges always say. What is she supposed to do throw herself on the ground and stop breathing until someone accepts her advice? I think the Trumps really do not understand how catered to they are because of their name alone. People do not bow to everyone, get a reality check.

I think Clint has this sealed up unless he really bombs next week. He is a very well spoken man, and he is very positive at things. He also has a lot of good ideas. Brandy is just coasting with the men doing nothing but complaining and being useless. She has not suggested one single thing about either task. It will be a shame if she wins. Steuart is in the middle where he is a good worker, but a little inept at lightbulbing moments. Lisa is getting no credit whatsoever from any of the Trumps. She was on every team with all the loudmouths, and got lost I feel. Even if she was an aggressive person, she had all three of the worst mouths on her team, and really never did stand a chance.

I feel this show is just a way for the Donald to showcase himself, and it is getting tedious watching him make people squirm. I think he could learn just a little bit about grace and respect. I have to give him some credit, unless nannies did it, that his children are very well spoken and seem to be smart people.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

I forgot this was on and didn't start watching until the scene where Stephanie looked at the camera and said confidently, "Everyone has 'potential,' but Mr. Trump will see our presentation and recognize that I have more than potential, I have real TALENT." I looked at my hubby and said, "She's gone."

I agree with what has been said about Leeza. (Lisa?) She has been on the team with the pushier and loud women. She has managed to say the exact thing about what not to do during the task that the judges and the Trumps say is the reason they lost, on more than a few occasions. No one listens to her and I still believe that if she was loud and more assertive it wouldn't matter. They have all pegged her as a 'worker bee' with no good ideas so they just dismiss her like she doesn't exist. I would have loved her to go to the boys side and see if her voice had been heard over there. When Ivanka had said she was the only PM that hadn't won, she mumbled that she had won. I don't remember if she did or not. Anyone? I still feel like we don't 'know' her and it's a little late in the game for her to start playing. There is no way she will be in the final 2. I think it will be Clint and Brandy. Ivanka alluded to Steuart's downfall tonight. She said she isn't sure if he is a smart person or he surrounds himself with smart people (or something to that effect). I think Brandy has shown herself to be a good businesswoman, although she has held back the past 2 tasks. I think she saw that Steuart and Clint worked well together and she was just riding that train to the station. Given the opportunity to stand on her own, I believe she will do well. I also think Trump likes her quite a bit- he let her off quite easy about her stumbling on the presentation last night.

FORT Fogey

[QUOTE=Maybaybie;4109276;]I agree with what has been said about Leeza. (Lisa?) She has been on the team with the pushier and loud women. She has managed to say the exact thing about what not to do during the task that the judges and the Trumps say is the reason they lost, on more than a few occasions. No one listens to her and I still believe that if she was loud and more assertive it wouldn't matter. They have all pegged her as a 'worker bee' with no good ideas so they just dismiss her like she doesn't exist. I would have loved her to go to the boys side and see if her voice had been heard over there. When Ivanka had said she was the only PM that hadn't won, she mumbled that she had won. I don't remember if she did or not. Anyone? I still feel like we don't 'know' her and it's a little late in the game for her to start playing. There is no way she will be in the final 2. I think it will be Clint and Brandy. Ivanka alluded to Steuart's downfall tonight. She said she isn't sure if he is a smart person or he surrounds himself with smart people (or something to that effect). I think Brandy has shown herself to be a good businesswoman, although she has held back the past 2 tasks. I think she saw that Steuart and Clint worked well together and she was just riding that train to the station. Given the opportunity to stand on her own, I believe she will do well. I also think Trump likes her quite a bit- he let her off quite easy about her stumbling on the presentation last night.[/QUOTE]

This is Brandy's ticket into the finals. If the women lose next week, you can be sure it will be Leeza gone. It's just a matter of who she is up against.

FORT Fogey

I read on another site that Liza has been edited to look as if she wasn't doing much. Clint and Steuart were working together, helping each other. By contrast, Liza appears to be keeping quiet so that the project manager will not be able to blame a loss on her. She just appears to be hanging around in the background. Also, I think it was Liza who said that they just had one day to write and film the commercial... So it wasn't a good idea to waste time by calling a pro sports stadium about taping the commercial there. And, Stephanie's excuse about why it was okay to watch a ball game at a meeting... that they were casually dressed. Then Trump fires her, then hires her? Also, I don't think the product is good idea. I don't think TV shows are so special or important that they can't be watched later on. If sports are important to people, they can get updates online. Whenever I walk out the front door, I think about what I'm doing: I never wonder about what's on any TV show.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

I agree with you guys that Liza seems to have good instincts and frequently voices concerns about the very issues that cause her team to lose. But after you mention something twice to your boss (PM) and are dismissed, I don't think many people would continue to push it.

Liza did lose as PM. I forget what the exact task was (the pedicab?), but her team chose to sell at the Wall Street location and that was their downfall. A NYC native chose that location; Liza questioned her about it and didn't feel right about it, but didn't override her. So she's got good instincts, but not much leadership ability.

For the last two episodes, Brandy has been pretty much a nothing (could be the editing, of course). I know Clint and Steuart have a team, but it doesn't look like she's trying very hard.

I like Clint. He clearly has leaderrship abilities. I like the fact that he spoke up about David being a cancer on the team before he knew whether or not his team had won, and on the next task didn't shy away from saying that David had done well on that task. In the Kardsashian perfume task where Clint was PM, he clearly gave Steuart credit for the display idea.

I'd hire Clint in a heartbeat. I feel like I could give him a project and he could run with it - and would be honest about what was going on with it.

FORT Fan

I actually liked Stephanie's commercial. The actors were very good and it had great editing. Steuart's commercial was campy like the judges said. If I had to put something on TV and want audience's attention I would choose Stephanie's commercial.

Stephanie does have good leadership qualities and confidence. But she needs to remove all her negativity out of it. She keeps attacking others and putting them on the defensive and disabling them. That may be okay in a competition but in real life you have get along with your coworkers or you can't get anything done. Liza has great judgement but she has to be more assertive and fight for her ideas even if they are rejected. Between the two I would probably choose Liza if I had to hire one for a job because it is the judgement call that matters when making a business decision. By the way, did anyone notice how Liza lights up when she goes on stage or when she has to give a presentation?

Brandy has been deer in headlights the last two tasks.

Steuart needs to learn to take charge of any situation when he is the PM. That is how you earn the respect of the subordinates.

I find Clint to be very annoying. I will leave it at that.

I agree with Endit. That photographer was very snobbish and arrogant. It doesn't take a genius to shoot a film. They are dime a dozen. I think in a real job situation Stephanie would have fired him in a second.

I think Trump said he was going to fire two people next week in the teasers.

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

I think in a real job situation there would have been a script, an approved idea, props, and a PM who was more on task and had a background in this. I sided with the photographer.. he had EVERY right to be angry sitting around and waiting on a fool to figure her idea out. It is his time, paid or not, he could have been working with real clients that had a clue and moved on to the next.. He told us as viewers that Stephanie was clueless, and i loved that.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast