+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 11/4 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Re: 11/4 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by Kip;4098869;
    A couple of episodes ago, I told my husband that David's going to have to go into business for himself because after seeing him on TA, no one would want to hire him.

In the first episode, David said his wife left with the kids after he lost his job and house. I don't recall if he said they were divorced or not. When he said that, I felt sorry for him. But within the next 45 minutes I was thinking maybe there were some other reasons she left.

I too can't believe Poppy and David are together.
    THanks for the info. I never saw the very beginning. I agree with you - no sympathy for the guy at all.

As far as he / Poppy - she comes off as extremely annoying to me, so I wouldn't be that surprised by this news. I also think she's probably as addicted to fame as he is.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Is it just me, or has Brandy been flirting with Trump??!!! I like Brandy, but it's hard to miss her hints towards him!

IN JAIL, WONDERING WHERE MY KLONDIKE BAR IS!?...

Quote Originally Posted by Kip;4098869;
    A couple of episodes ago, I told my husband that David's going to have to go into business for himself because after seeing him on TA, no one would want to hire him.

In the first episode, David said his wife left with the kids after he lost his job and house. I don't recall if he said they were divorced or not. When he said that, I felt sorry for him. But within the next 45 minutes I was thinking maybe there were some other reasons she left.

I too can't believe Poppy and David are together.
    The first thing that popped into my head when David said "She left because the money was gone" (Im paraphrasing) was keep telling yourself that.
    "YOU BREATH THE SAME AIR THE BILLIONAIRES DO" Russell Simmons

"We make a living from what we get, but we make a life from what we give." Winston Chruchill

FORT Fogey

Couple of links

[mod edit]
    Gene:
    Fashion, Style, & Entertainment | Ebony Inspired
    Last edited by The Mod Team; 11-06-2010 at 01:46 PM.

FORT Fan

I did not get the text message scandal at all. Why is asking someone to bring money a scandal? Did the PM add it to the sales total? If he wants to do that he can just get the money out of the ATM himself and add it to the total, right? What am I missing here?

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;4098921;

Gene:
    [url=http://www.ebonyinspired.com/?p=27208]Fashion, Style, & Entertainment | Ebony Inspired[/url
    ]
    Funny but a few episodes ago of The Apprentice, my husband just randomly said outloud about Gene: "That guy has a lot of repressed anger."
    I never saw it but guess this article implies that also.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by KennyLuv;4099013;
    I did not get the text message scandal at all. Why is asking someone to bring money a scandal? Did the PM add it to the sales total? If he wants to do that he can just get the money out of the ATM himself and add it to the total, right? What am I missing here?
    I'm not sure, either, but I guess there are rules that when the task is based on selling a service, the money must all come from that. Don't know how that works with the celebrity version of the show, though, when they call their friends and ask them to show up and fork over huge amounts of cash ... but I suppose if someone is rich enough to pay $5,000 for a sandwich, it doesn't matter, and it's all for charity. Trump is always encouraging the celebs to call their contacts for money. Who gets the money from the regular contestants' selling tasks?

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22;4099293;
    I'm not sure, either, but I guess there are rules that when the task is based on selling a service, the money must all come from that. Don't know how that works with the celebrity version of the show, though, when they call their friends and ask them to show up and fork over huge amounts of cash ... but I suppose if someone is rich enough to pay $5,000 for a sandwich, it doesn't matter, and it's all for charity. Trump is always encouraging the celebs to call their contacts for money. Who gets the money from the regular contestants' selling tasks?
    Exactly. The celebrities using their contacts and forcing them to contribute is not exactly "selling". It is more like a "Influential Celebrity Apprentice" than "Celebrity Apprentice". May be that is what Trump wanted anyway. To exploit the influence of a celebrity.

In general, there is a lot of room to cheat unless a third party is overseeing the sales and collections. Why would anyone send a text message to someone and also put all the details in the message. That is not a clever way to cheat. Anyway, hopefully there is high drama next week.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by KennyLuv;4099337;
    Exactly. The celebrities using their contacts and forcing them to contribute is not exactly "selling". It is more like a "Influential Celebrity Apprentice" than "Celebrity Apprentice". May be that is what Trump wanted anyway. To exploit the influence of a celebrity.

In general, there is a lot of room to cheat unless a third party is overseeing the sales and collections. Why would anyone send a text message to someone and also put all the details in the message. That is not a clever way to cheat. Anyway, hopefully there is high drama next week.
    Odd that the person who received the text blew the whistle on the culprit. Perhaps someone from the other team caught wind of this and reported it? Or there may be rules about using their personal cells and production caught him.

It seems like such an easy thing to get away with. Go to the bathroom, close the door and text. It will be interesting to find out.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;4100428;
    Odd that the person who received the text blew the whistle on the culprit. Perhaps someone from the other team caught wind of this and reported it? Or there may be rules about using their personal cells and production caught him.

It seems like such an easy thing to get away with. Go to the bathroom, close the door and text. It will be interesting to find out.
    Actually, I thought the rules on all of these shows is that you hand over your cell phone immediately upon arrival. How do you maintain secrecy about the show if you allow outside contact?

If they have cell phones on the show, they're given them by the producers. That would make texting a friend especially dumb, as I bet the phones are collected at the end of each task. It'd be no big deal for the shows to monitor what is done with each phone.

Of course, this now makes the "scandal" especially rigged... They would have known about it MUCH earlier than this episode, so why is it coming out now.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast