+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 10/7 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

FORT Fogey

Re: 10/7 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

I'm not watching anymore. I don't have anyone I feel like rooting for, the firing decisions don't particularly make any sense other than ratings, and I don't really care who wins. I feel like this season was touted as something it's not. Supposedly Trump had some kind of noble motives to help people who lost their jobs due to the economy and through no major fault of their own. Hooey! If so, there would be more contestants like Gene and less loonies like David and Mahsa. Many sincere, hardworking middle-manager types with families really did lose their jobs and would love to have this opportunity. Instead, most of these people seem to have been chosen for their ratings value, and many probably lost their jobs due to personality issues, not the recession ... or maybe more of the former than the latter.

Quote Originally Posted by thedragonlady;4080357;
    I thought Mahsa calling Tiana "The biggest" team member really rude and unnecessary.

As for Dave and his tooth: loved how he "blamed" the bagel for the tooth coming out. You have to be afraid of those nasty bagels that just get in there and rip out perfectly good teeth!!
    Later he explained that previously he had a root canal on that tooth. Had to have been recent since he only had a temporary crown on it. Contrary to what he told Trump about pain involved, I doubt that very much. With a root canal, the root is destroyed, which also eliminates the nerve that serves that tooth. Without the nerve, there's no feeling whatsoever involved. And it didn't require immediate emergency treatment. Been there, done that, so I know.
    But Dave is a real piece of work in so many aspects. There is just something about him that gives me the willies.
    I missed the part with the bagel and I'd be the absolute last person to defend David, as I can't stand him.
    However, I've had more root canals than I care to remember. Contrary to popular belief, all the nerves are not always dead. And, yes, tyhe pain can be pretty miserable. I have a very good pain threshold and I still had problems with several of them.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22;4081589;
    I'm not watching anymore. I don't have anyone I feel like rooting for, the firing decisions don't particularly make any sense other than ratings, and I don't really care who wins. I feel like this season was touted as something it's not. Supposedly Trump had some kind of noble motives to help people who lost their jobs due to the economy and through no major fault of their own. Hooey! If so, there would be more contestants like Gene and less loonies like David and Mahsa. Many sincere, hardworking middle-manager types with families really did lose their jobs and would love to have this opportunity. Instead, most of these people seem to have been chosen for their ratings value, and many probably lost their jobs due to personality issues, not the recession ... or maybe more of the former than the latter.
    I don't know about that. I've read some stuff about Gene online that puts him in a worse light than either David or Mahsa.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;4081648;
    I missed the part with the bagel and I'd be the absolute last person to defend David, as I can't stand him.
    However, I've had more root canals than I care to remember. Contrary to popular belief, all the nerves are not always dead. And, yes, tyhe pain can be pretty miserable. I have a very good pain threshold and I still had problems with several of them.
    Yep, me too....far too many root canals done for me also.
    I agree with you that pain could exist after a root canal but the nerve of that specific tooth is destroyed (or has already died.) Bacteria can enter surrounding areas and inflame neighboring nerves of bone, gums or other teeth producing pain in that area.
    I think I was watching his face when Trump asked about pain and saw it change as he answered. I don't expect the truth to come out of his mouth ever and would believe it if he tried to get sympathy. Maybe I was too harsh judging him but he's just sooooo slimey....in so many ways. I think I would have believed anyone else but him.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by thedragonlady;4082156;
    Yep, me too....far too many root canals done for me also. I agree with you that pain could exist after a root canal but the nerve of that specific tooth is destroyed (or has already died.) Bacteria can enter surrounding areas and inflame neighboring nerves of bone, gums or other teeth producing pain in that area. I think I was watching his face when Trump asked about pain and saw it change as he answered. I don't expect the truth to come out of his mouth ever and would believe it if he tried to get sympathy. Maybe I was too harsh judging him but he's just sooooo slimey....in so many ways. I think I would have believed anyone else but him.
    I think David said that he had a root canal and a temporary filling. Then when he bit into the bagel, his tooth split and he had it pulled. He said something about pain. Since the nerve is cut off during a root canal, David shouldn't have been in any pain. Maybe he felt pain, but maybe he just wanted time off. I've had two root canals. I didn't feel any pain from the abscessed teeth or the root canals. But, all of the bacteria wasn't removed when I had one of the root canals done... and about two years later I ended up with a gum boil and a systemic infection because the bacteria had multiplied.

I haven't had any root canals and admit that my dislike of David may be shaping my opinion of his issue, but I really think he just "Omarosa'd" a few hours off. Just like when the little lump of plaster fell on Omarosa's head, I thought he blew the this issue out of proportion.

He's so idiotic, imo, that it's hard to take him seriously.
    To this point he hasn't even entertained me, he's too tightly wound.
    I feel a bit anxious watching him because I feel like anything could set him off and whoever caused him to explode probably won't even know what provoked him.
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;4081839;
    I don't know about that. I've read some stuff about Gene online that puts him in a worse light than either David or Mahsa.
    No details or sources from you on this ... and we all know that everything we read online is the God's honest truth.

I know, You know, Asteroids Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22;4083242;
    No details or sources from you on this ... and we all know that everything we read online is the God's honest truth.
    He was arrested and charged for allegedly assaulting his wife. (Including a nice bit of strangling). The charge is a felony assault. No word if he's been found guilty yet.
    She has filed a restraining order, he, a divorce.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22;4083242;
    It's because I'm always wary of what I post on here. Don't want another infraction.

Do a quick Google search of "gene apprentice assault" and you'll see what spockwhat and I are referring to.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123