+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ratings - Season 10

Re: Ratings - Season 10

EPISODE FIVE 3.70 million

A slight rise from last episode. It's still abysmal though.

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny;4084660;
    With me it is mainly the time. Thursdays are already jam packed for me. I may do a surf-by during commercials & I honestly prefer real people as opposed to celibrities.
    What annoys me most about this show though is the fact that they must feel the need to have at least 1 provacative contestant that they keep until the very end in the hopes creating more buzz about the show.
    Personally I found David to be so obnoxious that I stopped dvring it.
    I read through the discussion threads every week, and it's funny how everyone believes that Trump is keeping around the crazies because of ratings. It's mentioned at least once in each thread. I definitely agree with everyone's sentiments, but isn't it funny how Trump's tactics aren't working in the slightest? The show has never reached ratings this low.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

I haven't updated this in a while.

EPISODE SIX 3.58 million
    EPISODE SEVEN 3.79 million
    EPISODE EIGHT 4.04 million
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;4080728;
    EPISODE FOUR: 3.19 million

It's a shame, because I was excited for this season when I first heard that they were going back to regular folk instead of celebrities. Maybe I'm in the minority, but I prefer regular people to celebrities. And I'm in the minority again, but I actually sorta like this season. But the ratings show another opinion, and it looks like we may see this show stuck with the celebrity format from here on out.
    I'm with you and prefer regular people to celebrities but I may be in the minority judging from the ratings of Dancing w/the Stars.
    I'm also tired of the men v women aspect....old, boring, done.
    And the challenges are mundane and somehow we don't seem to see as much interaction between the contestants as we used to.
    And I'm tired of the "abnormals" staying for good TV. Maybe they're just actors hired to play the part, like Omarosa.

Trump doesn't even make any effort to boost the ratings. He's turned it into an informercial for his junk. That was so self-indulgent the last episode where the teams were tasked with making an advertorial on his wares (ties, shirts, cufflinks)!

(And during the show we have to sit through commercials where he's hawking his mattresses, lol!)

It's become such a low-budget program. George and Carolyn have been replaced to save money. Trump replaced them with his kids who have 1/10 the big personality of their father, combined. They are too young, too stiff, and too boring for TV.

The tasks are low-budget, too. The budget for each task must be about $1,000/team. How does that make it more interesting for the viewer?

The tasks are dull and completely void of any creativity. Compare them to the Survivor challenges. Trump doesn't even try to make it interesting. Besides the advertorial (zzzzzz), there was selling ice-cream (rerun); decorating an office (lol!); riding bikes around town (wowee!); arranging a play summary (stupendous!); etc., etc. There's just no imagination. They don't even try to mix it up...

It's ironic that the "billionaire" is so cheap...

P.S. The network is pretty lame for not requiring Trump to put more effort into it.
    "A lady's imagination is very rapid; it jumps from admiration to love, from love to matrimony in a moment." -- Jane Austen

FORT Fogey

I enjoy this show and prefer regular people to the celebrities 100 fold!

Celebrity Apprentice is only about who has more wealthy connections. And we have to listen to how deserving their chairity is. I FF thought that.

I have no problem with Trump's shameless self promotion. This is who he is and his ego entertains me. I also like his kids involved. I look forward to seeing Eric because he is creepy. Love both sons hair do's because they are creepy. I like Ivanka; she is beautiful and smart, good combination.

Nothing wrong with Donalds businesses buying advertising slots for this show either. Why not?

I am done with men vs women too, thedragonlady. It is much more entertaining when the teams are mixed.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;4102958;
    I enjoy this show and prefer regular people to the celebrities 100 fold!
    I like both, but in both cases, the challenges need to be more varied. I'm getting soooo tired of pedi-cads and pet challenges.

EPISODE NINE 4.00 million
    EPISODE TEN 3.56 million
    EPISODE ELEVEN 3.34 million
    EPISODE TWELVE 4.12 million

He activates my yummy!!!! yourefired's Avatar

See I'm ok with the simple tasks. The task that started it all -- the one that got us hooked all those years ago -- was selling lemonade. When I watch Celebrity Apprentice all I can think of is how much I miss the people who really want it badly duking it out. It's kind of like the difference between college and professional sports. College athletes play to advance and the pros play to get more money. I think the same goes for here.

I like and watch both franchises for different reasons. I personally do think we can blame some of the bad ratings on NBC. 10 p.m. for a reality game show? That's ridiculous. The show should be on no later than 9. And it is against one of the top shows -- The Mentalist. I wonder how many more people (me included) watched the repeats on Bravo instead of the original airing on NBC. That might boost the ratings some.

I thought they got a good group of hungry people and let them duke it out. I liked the season. I hope they do another one with a better timeslot.
    Geisha Ninja Sparkle Dance
    Twirling Ninja Sparkle Dance

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12