+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 9/16 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Re: 9/16 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;4063174;
    Thanks, Haiken.

As I hadn't seen the beg. of the show, I truly wondered what she had done, as a PM, to inspire so many to throw her under the bus - even before knowing whether they had won or lost the challenge!
    It just seemed kind of over the top.
    Could be any number of things. She pointed out she came in second in some beauty pageant (Miss USA, Miss America or maybe Miss California?). Just a thought as to why the other women disliked her...bragging about it when Trump interviewed everyone at the beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker;4064672;
    Mahsa, sounded like she was doing opening/closing arguments everytime she opened her mouth. It almost seems as if she is ALWAYS in courtroom mode. I do think she is probably a smart, very strong woman, but she has a very off-putting way about her. I think she is probably already well on her way to talking herself off the show. Sometimes the biggest issue with reality show contestents is that they don't know when to shut their mouths. She made very good points, but the horse was dead way before she stopped beating it.
    Agree NCLurker. I've noticed Trump tries to point this out to some of the constant talkers. This gal will have a hard time keeping her mouth shut anytime.

Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker;4064672;
    Mahsa, sounded like she was doing opening/closing arguments everytime she opened her mouth. It almost seems as if she is ALWAYS in courtroom mode. I do think she is probably a smart, very strong woman, but she has a very off-putting way about her. I think she is probably already well on her way to talking herself off the show. Sometimes the biggest issue with reality show contestents is that they don't know when to shut their mouths. She made very good points, but the horse was dead way before she stopped beating it.

I missed the beginning of the show so I didn't hear the whole backstory of any of these guys. Obviously with Dave the backstory is more than some of the others. Anyone care to enlighten me as to what it was that made his story more of a story than many of the others?
    His story is that he has 5 kids and seems to be estranged from his wife due to the financial pressures of unemployment. I'm not sure if his apparent temper or personality issues have anyhing to do with any family issues he has or not. As a divorced mom of 7, I certainly understand the pressures he must feel. He seems to want to make it work - whether that means finding a job to make his family solvent or working on personal issues, I don't know. Perhaps he has become more stressed since losing the job and this is not his real personality. I am not judging here. Everyone handles stress differently and I certainly understand that.

However, he needs to dial it down a few notches or he is not long for the game. I truly hope that he is able to make it work for the sake of the kids. They are merely bystanders in this messy economy and family dynamic.
    Last edited by fijibeachbum; 09-20-2010 at 11:49 AM. Reason: fixed quote tags

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;4063094;
    I only saw the last 30 minutes.
    Wow, that Masha was something else!
    Not sure if I can put up with her.
    Was Nicole really that bad of a PM to warrant it?
    I like both of these women - for different reasons of course. I think Nicole was a little too sure of herself going into the competition and then once she was in it, it was a bit more than she bargained for - at least from a human supervision perspective. She was very nice, dignified, and respectful but almost too much so because her self-professed lead-by-consensus style wasn't working - at least not with this group.

Masha tore her to threads. She was unnecessarily harsh in my book and I agreed with Ivanka that she was so over the top, she may be the better person to send home.

Nicole is not a pit bull. She's a mannered person who likes to "make nice". Her management style did kind of suck, but she was also an easy target. I I imagine more aggressive contestants would have and will stand up to her.

She'll keep the show interesting for awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;4063094;
    I only saw the last 30 minutes.
    Wow, that Masha was something else!
    Not sure if I can put up with her.
    Was Nicole really that bad of a PM to warrant it?

Masha was horrid and definitely in bulldoog prosecutor mode but, she was way over the top and a judge would have shut her down in court. Nicole was a bad leader. Nicole was in C-Y-A mode from the beginning. She wanted the credit of being PM while making sure she had scapegoats in all of the women if things went wrong. She was looking out for whatever excuse she could use to not be sent home. So, she would constantly ask everyone what they thought they should do and when they aasked her what she wanted she would say whatever you want. She wasn't running the team. She was constantly looking for ability to deny she was responsible for anything. She wante dto constantly make it so that it was everyone else decision and not hers. She only picked Tianna to go to Cort because she knew the question would come up of why didn't you use someone with the real estate/decorative background. So she brought her. She made no real decisons and barely gave any direction. There is a difference between being open to ideas of your employees and delegating versus lettingthe employees run the ship with no trye leadership and stepping in to take the glory. Nicole could have opened the floor to ideas and then made the final decisions and organizing everyone and running the ship. She didn't, imho.

I might add Masha was in CYA mode also but, she did what was necessary to back it up. SHe made sure she had a part in th emanual lablor and a minor part in decorating. She could at least say she heavily contributed to the task. Nicole could not.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123