+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 9/16 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Re: 9/16 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;4063094 View Post
    I only saw the last 30 minutes.
    Wow, that Masha was something else!
    Not sure if I can put up with her.
    Was Nicole really that bad of a PM to warrant it?
    Considering the entire team threw her under the bus and seemed to be done with her, whether she was truly bad isn't really relevant because, even if she continued, the rest of her team would be targeting her for elimination, having already alienated her.

Essentially, she was removed from the competition because her teammates couldn't stand her.
    Revenge is ice cream.

FORT Fogey

It's probably going to be way more cutthroat this season because without jobs to go home to, they all feel they have a lot at stake. I'm sure that's what Trump and his minions counted on. It's a win-win, because one contestant gets a high-paying job (and the others apparently get a chance to be hired by other companies), the network gets a higher-rated show, and Trump gets his ego massaged once again for bringing in the numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by HaikenEdge;4063132;
    Considering the entire team threw her under the bus and seemed to be done with her, whether she was truly bad isn't really relevant because, even if she continued, the rest of her team would be targeting her for elimination, having already alienated her.

Essentially, she was removed from the competition because her teammates couldn't stand her.
    Thanks, Haiken.

As I hadn't seen the beg. of the show, I truly wondered what she had done, as a PM, to inspire so many to throw her under the bus - even before knowing whether they had won or lost the challenge!
    It just seemed kind of over the top.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Newbie

I think Mahsa is the new Omarosa. She has no concept of teamwork as evidenced by what she said and the jobs that she picked for this task. She last at least four more episodes, purely for entertainment value.

The women were horrendous to Nicole and so quick to have hurt feelings over things. The guys were feeling they were above it all, just cant wait til David goes postal on them on next time his nose is out of joint.
    I think Nicole's big mistake was telling about being in some kind of beauty pageant. I thought I heard someone say something about the 'beauty queen' getting what was coming to her.... She made a impression on Trump who is setting her up for an interview!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cablejockey;4063213;
    The women were horrendous to Nicole and so quick to have hurt feelings over things. The guys were feeling they were above it all, just cant wait til David goes postal on them on next time his nose is out of joint. I think Nicole's big mistake was telling about being in some kind of beauty pageant. I thought I heard someone say something about the 'beauty queen' getting what was coming to her.... She made a impression on Trump who is setting her up for an interview!!!
    Nicole was trying to lead by consensus. She should have realized that their expectations were that she would have a plan, determine their strengths and lead them in working the plan accordingly. She volunteered to be the first PM and that just heightened their expectations. I don't know about the rest of you, but if someone tells me they can do it, I expect them to do it. The best way to "lead" by consensus is by brainstorming and announcing it as such which she neg;ected to do.

I thought the way they treated her was unprofessional, yes, but so was she. In her private comments she criticized Tiana and questioned her sense of style because of what she was wearing. Tiana was the one who said she was now shopping at second hand stores. She also only asked Tiana along on the shopping trip so she would have a scapegoat if they lost.

She did charm the Donald and family. I think when he said he thinks she's a good leader, it was because rather than become part of the screamers ... she held herself above the fray, and remained calm under pressure. I am sure he viewed it as exceptional leadership to even get the room done with such a bunch of wildcats.

I was disappointed that neither team thought to ask to interview Trump, the kids, or at the very least some staffers. They could easily have asked for a tour of some of his current offices and learned a few things.
    Last edited by echo226; 09-17-2010 at 08:35 PM.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

FORT Regular

The problem with the Apprentice is that it has been around long enough so that everybody knows how to play the game instead of actually doing the tasks. In the first few seasons, the candidates actually tried to give their best efforts in doing their jobs on trying to win their tasks. Now everyone's first move is to strategize on how to cover their own butt to make themselves look good and/or setting up someone else for the fall. Actually putting some effort into winning the task is purely accidental. Nicole, Tyanna, Massacre and everybody else featured in their confessionals pretty much boldly stated that "I'm only doing this so that my ass is covered if I am brought into the boardroom and Mr. Trump ask me what I did". In this current state, Apprentice is all about finding the best person at backstabbing and cat fighting rather than someone with some real business acumens. It becomes stale, really fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Yuke;4063207;
    I think Mahsa is the new Omarosa. She has no concept of teamwork as evidenced by what she said and the jobs that she picked for this task. She last at least four more episodes, purely for entertainment value.
    I think they are similar in the fact that they are both combative and outspoken. So far, I don't see Masha as someone who doesn't give 100%, plays the victim card and always has an excuse for everything, like Omarosa did. They both are equally good at making you dislike them though and I may change my mind about her. Being a DA was a good choice for her personality.

I think Nicole volunteered to be PM because after announcing her beauty pagent win, she wanted to show the rest that she also had brains. But deep down inside, she's a pagent girl: a people pleaser, wanting everyone to like her and that can override her efforts to lead. A leader is needed to make the decisions without the approval and agreement of the people she is leading. How can you lead if you can't make a decision on your own??

I liked Gene from the begining but he sure was disappointing during his first day as PM. Thank goodness, he finally found his voice and became a strong leader, otherwise I'm sure he would have been fired if they had lost. He really needed to step up and deal with Dave, who has the biggest chip on his shoulder. All the other men needed to see Gene stand up to Dave and in doing so, he inspired the rest of them. No one respects a weak man.

Nicole was wishy washy and she really was hedging all her bets with her constant 'What do you think?" The ladies are right she did not lead. Nicole was looking for people to place blame and her excuse to Trump would have been,l asked their opinions. Omg Jaws has nothing on the ladies,lol.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

To the Point

Mahsa, sounded like she was doing opening/closing arguments everytime she opened her mouth. It almost seems as if she is ALWAYS in courtroom mode. I do think she is probably a smart, very strong woman, but she has a very off-putting way about her. I think she is probably already well on her way to talking herself off the show. Sometimes the biggest issue with reality show contestents is that they don't know when to shut their mouths. She made very good points, but the horse was dead way before she stopped beating it.

I missed the beginning of the show so I didn't hear the whole backstory of any of these guys. Obviously with Dave the backstory is more than some of the others. Anyone care to enlighten me as to what it was that made his story more of a story than many of the others?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast