+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Steuart - Season 10

Steuart - Season 10

Steuart, 27 (Washington, D.C.), born and raised in Washington D.C., was the successful owner of four companies. Unfortunately, as the economy took a downturn, Steuart was forced to close down two of his companies and lay off his entire staff. A serial entrepreneur, he's always looking for the next big business venture opportunity. Steuart attended Purdue University on a swimming scholarship, and received a Bachelor of Science in business. He also made it to the Olympic trials for swimming, and is heavily involved in D.C. government.

Q) Why did you want to be on the show, and why did you think you'd make a good competitor?
    A) My friends wouldn't leave me alone until I went and tried out. I said to them if I go try out and don't make it, will you leave me alone? I ended up going, almost leaving the line about ten times, and just kept working my way through the process. Now look where I am!

There was no question I would be a good competitor. I am an incredible competitor in everything I do; I just didn't know if I was patient enough to stand in line for hours.

Primarily, I wanted to be on the show to compete against the best of the best and showcase my entrepreneurial talents on national television.

Q) What was your reaction when you found out you'd been picked to be on the show? How did your friends and family react?
    A) It was surreal; I didn't know how to react at first. Once it clicked that I would be on the show, I threw my hands up and the casting directors said, "Calm down, it isn't official yet." That brought be back to earth really quick.

I didn't tell many friends or family until after the show simply because I didn't want to have to answer a lot of questions. However, those who I did tell kept saying, "I have been saying for years you are perfect for this!" "I want to be the first person to plan you a viewing party, it's going to be awesome!"

Q) With cameras rolling, how does it feel to know you're under America's microscope? What surprised you about the experience?
    A) At first the cameras are a little threatening and you can't stop staring at them. After a few days of being around flashbulbs and people chasing you down, it seems as if they aren't even there. I have no problem having America see me for who I am and what I'm capable of in this competition. In fact I can't wait for America to learn all about McBusiness! (The casting crew gave me that nickname because they think I look like Dr. McDreamy.)

The most surprising component of the competition is how much goes into filming each episode. There is a huge staff of people who make this show come to life, I had no idea what a massive production making the show really is. The biggest surprise to me was how long the boardrooms goes for. Sitting there with the lights and cameras on for long periods of time is very draining. They also get extremely personal and emotional to a certain level. The lack of professionalism in the boardroom was extremely surprising to me.

Q) What about the competition was harder than you might have expected?
    A) The actual tasks are not that hard in respect to what you need to accomplish, except for the short time period you have to work in. What makes the contests hard is dealing with other A-type personalities, all positioning for talking space and making sure their ideas are heard. There's a lot of conflict between contestants, and managing that is very difficult, especially as Project Manager. Also, the rules of each task are very different, and you have to pay attention to them as missing a deadline can disqualify your whole team. Time management is the most difficult aspect, whether you're buying a bucket of paint or working with a graphic designer to create an ad. Everything you want to do takes longer than you think it will.

Q) Do you have a favorite past winner or contestant from either the original Apprentice, or from Celebrity Apprentice?
    A) Believe it or not, I never watched the show prior to trying out. I maybe watch one hour of TV per week. Once I found out I made it on the show, I tried to make it through the first season, but only got a few episodes in. I like Cowboy Troy, he cracks me up.

Q) Beyond The Apprentice, what's your dream job? Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
    A) My dream job is what I'm doing today, running my various companies and holding a position that always keeps me on my toes. I love learning new things every day and overcoming challenges in every aspect of my life. Working and closing deals is invigorating for me; my passion lies in being an innovator. As long as I'm passionate about what I'm doing and competing in an industry to be the best, I am living my professional dreams.

In 10 years my companies will be multimillion-dollar enterprises, and I will be actively building a diversified real estate portfolio globally. Outside of business, I aspire to have a close family and spend lots of time on the water with all those close to me.

Re: Steuart - Season 10

So, wait. He still has two companies?
    Revenge is ice cream.

FORT Fan

So, does anyone have a picture of Steuart in his swimshorts... hehe!

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by KennyLuv;4099012;
    So, does anyone have a picture of Steuart in his swimshorts... hehe!
    He swam for Purdue and i bet there would be some photos on their Univ. Swimming site.

I hope he wins!!

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by medleyrelay;4103894;
    He swam for Purdue and i bet there would be some photos on their Univ. Swimming site.
    Thanks!

I'm afraid I'd have to fire him just for spelling his name stupidly, although I suppose that's his parent's fault and not his.

+ Reply to Thread