+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nicole - Season 10

Nicole - Season 10

Nicole, 27 (Palos Verdes, California), graduated cum laude from the University of California, Irvine. She received her J.D. from Loyola Law School while holding the title of Miss Los Angeles, and placing 4th runner-up at the Miss California USA 2008 Pageant (part of the Miss USA Pageant). Determined to use her brains and beauty, Nicole left her law firm job, where she was miserable as an attorney, to prove that the recession can't stop her from pursuing her dreams.

Q) Why did you want to be on the show, and why did you think you'd make a good competitor?
    A) I have been trying to work for Mr. Trump for years. I competed in his Miss USA pageant circuit at the state level hoping to win the title and work for Mr. Trump. I had always wanted to do the Apprentice, but I thought the regular Apprentice was over and I would have to become a celebrity to compete on the Celebrity Apprentice!

I thought I'd make a good competitor because I am hard working, driven and I embody the Trump brand.

Q) What was your reaction when you found out you'd been picked to be on the show? How did your friends and family react?
    A) I was shocked when I found out I had been selected to be on the show. I thought I wasn't going to make it, because I had a job at the time and they were looking for people who had been laid off due to the recession. My family and friends could not believe I was going to be on the show. The whole experience was surreal.

Q) With cameras rolling, how does it feel to know you're under America's microscope? What surprised you about the experience?
    A) I'm used to being filmed, because of the pageants I have competed in. Although, I was very surprised by how quickly you completely forget that the cameras are even there. It was also funny to look up and suddenly have a camera two feet in front of my face!

Q) What about the competition was harder than you might have expected?
    A) Balancing the competition and team dynamic of the show was harder than I expected. I have competed against my friends in pageants and in law school, but I have never pushed anyone else down in order to win. I am a team player at heart and it was very hard for me to see past the team camaraderie and remember that I couldn't really trust my teammates.

Q) Do you have a favorite past winner or contestant from either the original Apprentice, or from Celebrity Apprentice?
    A) Holly Robinson Peete is my favorite past contestant, because of how well she handled herself during tasks and in the boardroom. Although incredibly competitive and driven, Holly was always honest and ethical.

Q) Beyond The Apprentice, what's your dream job? Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
    A) I have several different dream jobs, from being a district attorney prosecuting criminals, to being a judge ensuring that the legal system works, to being a co-host on "The View," to starting my own nonprofit focused on preparing women to succeed on job interviews and in the workplace.

In 10 years, I hope to have found a job that keeps me on that path toward my dreams and allows me to start a family at the same time.

Re: Nicole - Season 10

Determined to use her brains and beauty, Nicole left her law firm job, where she was miserable as an attorney, to prove that the recession can't stop her from pursuing her dreams.
    Hmmm, I don't think she really fills the criteria of someone who was "hurt by the recession" considering she voluntarily left her job.

Her inclusion is purely a Trump ego stroke as she is clearly desperate to work for him. I'm sure she'll be given ample opportnity to express how wonderful she thinks he is.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Q) Beyond The Apprentice, what's your dream job? Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
    A) I have several different dream jobs, from being a district attorney prosecuting criminals, to being a judge ensuring that the legal system works, to being a co-host on "The View," to starting my own nonprofit focused on preparing women to succeed on job interviews and in the workplace.

Such focus!

I wish she'd stuck up for herself a bit better last night, both in board room and when her team mates chose items for the office that weren't appropriate.
    I don't mind that she went though because I don't think she fit the criteria to be there in the first place.
    I don't consider someone who quits their job because they don't like it and then can't find another in that field a victim of the recession.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Going to miss her, but she did seem soft and easy to victimize.

Aside from that, she shouldn't have been there in the first place, so, hard for me to say either way.
    Revenge is ice cream.

I just watched and I didn't like her at all. I really disapprove of that sneaky "I'm going to manipulate the situation so that if things go wrong I can blame someone else" thing she had going on. Assuming that this silly show will result in an actual job for someone, I don't think that some of the behaviours that are acceptable in a number of other reality programs are acceptable in what is being termed a job interview. And if I were hiring, I would absolutely want to hire someone who owned up to their own mistakes.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

FORT Fogey

IMO, the best player out of them all was sent home. I like her, and I hope she accomplishes her goals. She has womens' needs in mind and I appreciate and value that a great deal. Go Nicole!

Seems as if she were the easy target, since she and Trump had some prior relationship with Miss USA (which she tried to throw in as a *cough* trump card). He planned to set her up with that interview before he put her on the show, but needed her to have exposure first, to justify him throwing his weight behind her recommendation. At least, that's how I saw it....

I didn't think she did a bad job as PM; actually I'd argue that Gene was a worse PM. But she was an easy target, and she was reamed by the tag team of Mahsa and Tyana... but mostly Mahsa. She had no chance.

QUESTION: I missed the initial airing of the premiere and later watched it online. Was there a follow-up segment that told the viewers how Nicole has been doing after the show? I know that Alex and and James had a follow-up segment right after they were eliminated.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Trump said he was going to set her up an interview with a high powered friend of his ... that's all.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast