Gene, 46 (Wylie, Texas), has a Bachelor of Science degree in Business from Morris Brown College, and served in the U.S. Air Force. Gene previously worked at several high profile financial companies as a financial advisor. After being laid off, Gene has been trying to get his own assisted living facility off the ground while living off of his savings and retirement. Gene was born in Jamaica, grew up in the Midwest, and currently resides in Wylie, Texas. He is an avid motorcycle enthusiast and cigar aficionado.

Q) Why did you want to be on the show, and why did you think you'd make a good competitor?
A) I saw The Apprentice as an "out of the box" solution to unemployment. I saw my natural leadership and maturity as necessary qualities for competing in this type of environment.

Q) What was your reaction when you found out you'd been picked to be on the show? How did your friends and family react?
A) Let's just say I was grateful that someone else was driving when I got the call. I only told a handful of people and they were very supportive but not surprised.

Q) With cameras rolling, how does it feel to know you're under America's microscope? What surprised you about the experience?
A) I just focus on being me and keeping it real. I was surprised by how wonderful the crew was and how down-to-earth the cast was.

Q) What about the competition was harder than you might have expected?
A) The amount of time and energy that's required to coordinate all of the logistics. It isn't nearly as simple as it looks.

Q) Do you have a favorite past winner or contestant from either the original Apprentice, or from Celebrity Apprentice?
A) Honestly, if I'm being real... I didn't watch them very closely (before this season, of course).

Q) Beyond The Apprentice, what's your dream job? Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
A) My dream is not to have a job but to make sure that others do. In 10 years I would like to be the one putting America back to work regularly.